OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2022, 23:49 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Thanks for sharing, that was fun to watch. You move very well and your forehand is really good, nice power and a lot of spin. He tries to move you around side to side but you're always there and win a lot of points where he can't block your loops.

One thing I will say...it appears that serve toss is optional in that league. :lol:

You do a lot of good things with the Storkraft already. You handled his fast deep serves really well. A lot of opponents try to do that against the anti, in my experience, so being able to handle it as well as you do is a great advantage. I'd advise that, as you get more used to the rubber, train to be able to drop those fast deep serves short on the table. Some guys will be able to loop that third ball hard, and having the ability to occasionally drop the ball short on those serves will help you a lot.

I noticed as the match went along you adjusted your hitting technique. Early on, you weren't going through the ball enough. But then at the end you had a couple of very nice hits where you drove through the ball more and got winners. I'd say, try taking a little bit off those hits for more control and consistency. The way you move, even if they get the ball back, it will set you up really well for your good forehand.

An area to work on, which is also a weakness of mine, is on balls that are pushed to you, I think you are still doing too much of a traditional push motion back, where you slide under the ball and pop it up a bit. Practice more of a "bump" where you can feel solid forward contact and not "sliding" under the ball. Or, what I've done is taking anything that's back spin and doing a controlled hit to reverse that back spin the most and give them a surprise top spin kick when it hits their side.

I like the occasional serves you do with it. I've also found this to be effective. Using the same motion as the standard backhand serve, it's pretty common to at least catch the opponent unaware the first time or two you do it.

Well done!!! :clap:

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2022, 05:40 

dwruck wrote:
Thanks for sharing, that was fun to watch. You move very well and your forehand is really good, nice power and a lot of spin. He tries to move you around side to side but you're always there and win a lot of points where he can't block your loops.

One thing I will say...it appears that serve toss is optional in that league. :lol:

You do a lot of good things with the Storkraft already. You handled his fast deep serves really well. A lot of opponents try to do that against the anti, in my experience, so being able to handle it as well as you do is a great advantage. I'd advise that, as you get more used to the rubber, train to be able to drop those fast deep serves short on the table. Some guys will be able to loop that third ball hard, and having the ability to occasionally drop the ball short on those serves will help you a lot.

I noticed as the match went along you adjusted your hitting technique. Early on, you weren't going through the ball enough. But then at the end you had a couple of very nice hits where you drove through the ball more and got winners. I'd say, try taking a little bit off those hits for more control and consistency. The way you move, even if they get the ball back, it will set you up really well for your good forehand.

An area to work on, which is also a weakness of mine, is on balls that are pushed to you, I think you are still doing too much of a traditional push motion back, where you slide under the ball and pop it up a bit. Practice more of a "bump" where you can feel solid forward contact and not "sliding" under the ball. Or, what I've done is taking anything that's back spin and doing a controlled hit to reverse that back spin the most and give them a surprise top spin kick when it hits their side.

I like the occasional serves you do with it. I've also found this to be effective. Using the same motion as the standard backhand serve, it's pretty common to at least catch the opponent unaware the first time or two you do it.

Well done!!! :clap:

Thanks for feedback man! I agree with you on pushes. I need to be more aggressive on the ball to make trouble and get easier attacks. The difficult on this match was his playstyle. Usually my opponents play lot of backspin and loop, and that perfectly fit with my playstyle because i attack with anti to setup forehand loop or just block and attack the next push. In this case my opponents played only dead balls and smash, and that gave me lot of trouble to construct my classic antispin game. Specialy his backhand smash were very very powerful and pretty impossible to block.
I have more videos coming soon were i played better and in different ways. Hope you will watch it because i really appreciate your opinion.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

https://youtube.com/user/giacomuz10

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2022, 22:49 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Those flat style players (hitters rather than loopers) are always going to be problematic. Honestly, in the couple of tournaments I've played since switching, I tend to have more success against higher level players than those below me. More spin and pace coming at me is a good thing, and the slower/less spin balls from lower level players are harder to work with. That's where improving my attacking skills with the anti and improving my movement to step around and loop more of those weak balls will also be good for me. The other thing I try to do against players that don't spin the ball to me is to focus more on controlling the depth of my shots. Dropping a ball short and then aggressively going deep into the body is a great combination with the anti against any player, especially people who don't spin as much.
Look forward to seeing more of your videos!

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2022, 07:10 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
dwruck wrote:
Those flat style players (hitters rather than loopers) are always going to be problematic. Honestly, in the couple of tournaments I've played since switching, I tend to have more success against higher level players than those below me. More spin and pace coming at me is a good thing, and the slower/less spin balls from lower level players are harder to work with. That's where improving my attacking skills with the anti and improving my movement to step around and loop more of those weak balls will also be good for me. The other thing I try to do against players that don't spin the ball to me is to focus more on controlling the depth of my shots. Dropping a ball short and then aggressively going deep into the body is a great combination with the anti against any player, especially people who don't spin as much.
Look forward to seeing more of your videos!
Yes, Glanti is more effective against higher level opponents, with more spin and speed, that may be more willing to attack.

I try to figure out what my opponent wants, what he or she likes. A flat hitter often likes speed and getting the returns rather far from the body. So I try to play the exact opposite, I play loose, to the middle, then far to BH, making him move in depth. And if he is good at hitting against back spin I make semi long top spin serves.

But there can also be a very different strategy. Focus on your opponent's main weapon and take it down. If it is a BH flat hit, then give him something he can hit (but not too easy, you need to know where he will place it). And then learn to block his attacks. This will make him hesitate and he will try to change placement and he will start to think about his main weapon and then he is not so sure about it anymore. And he starts to miss, and he is out. But this is a dangerous strategy, because it may back fire. And you can have some success in the middle of the match, but suddenly he finds his main weapon again, and then you may not have the time to find a new strategy.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2022, 00:42 

New video!

I'd like to know what u think about my game with Storkraft! This game i played so aggresive, also with anti.

https://youtu.be/X6AUbGS-vYQ

Follow me on YouTube ;)

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2022, 05:02 

Blade: Palio Tct
FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 soft (Max)
BH: Nittaku Best Anti (1.3mm)
Hi Guys!

I like to buy Deluxe Carbon blade and Störkraft anti rubber. The 1.6mm very slow for Deluxe carbon? Or i need to start the 1.2mm version? My big enemy the no spin ball and the hard hitting players. I need big control those players :) So i think the o.8mm version not for me :)

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2022, 23:02 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I have never used the 1.2 Storkraft, only the 0.8 and 1.6. The 1.6 has, in my opinion, a lot more control on the Deluxe Carbon blade because it doesn't bottom out as much against hard hit shots. It is very slow, with the right blade angle you will be able to get just about any ball back on the table. The no spin balls are still going to be the most difficult to deal with, but if you learn the methods to handle those sorts of shots (soft attacks with anti, drop the ball short with anti, attack with forehand) you will be able to deal with those after practice.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2022, 06:07 
Unorthodox Batman
Unorthodox Batman

Hmmm, you are tempting me to get the 1.6mm next time dwruck. I cannot imagine how slow it will be.

I do also wonder about the carbon blade you use. I've played all this first half season back with a DMS Invictus, which I've taken to really quickly. But I wonder what level of reversal I might be missing out on.

I might take my GoPro to a match sometime soon. I haven't shared any clips on here for not far off 10 years I guess, but I'd be interested to show you how I'm getting on and take some constructive feedback.

Keep up the excellent work people x

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2022, 06:41 

Blade: Palio Tct
FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 soft (Max)
BH: Nittaku Best Anti (1.3mm)
I never play DMS anti rubber. Before i try the red 2.3mm Vortex sponge. The 1.6mm Störkraft faster than Vortex 2.3 sponge?

Another question the Deluxe carbon FH side. Hard or soft inverted rubber working better?
I have Dignics 09c rubber. Maybe good for deluxe carbon?

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2022, 00:10 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Others here have used Vortex, I have not, so I cannot comment on the comparison.

I use Tibhar Evolution MX-P 1.9 mm on my forehand and it works very well. It's been a huge adjustment coming from a defensive blade to the significantly harder, stiffer Deluxe Carbon. To generate power I used to have to take a big swing. It's taking me quite a while to learn to cut down and use a more compact stroke. But it's been a nice side effect to changing the blade. I did it initially to benefit my backhand, and now I have players telling me my forehand is more of a weapon than it's ever been too.

Dingwol2, when I started using this anti I initially had a Dr N Matador (not Carbon version) blade and it worked well. But like you I wondered what I might be missing out on. Especially because advanced players like Amir were using Deluxe Carbon to great success. I'm glad I switched, especially with the thicker sponge it's still very slow. As I've noted before, I would never recommend a defensive blade with anti. If you go with something like an ALL blade, the thinner sponge will work great. Going to the stiff Deluxe Carbon, I'm glad I've switched to the thicker sponge, it's helped with control and I still get massive reversal.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2022, 06:22 

New video with good match.

https://youtu.be/s0J2pVyWYAI

Let me know what you think about my technique with anti :)

Follow me on YouTube ;)

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2022, 22:48 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I don't know how you play so well in that room. With the white walls and floors it has to be very difficult!
I liked how you looked for your forehand attack. You did a good job of turning defense into offense. You are clearly becoming more comfortable with the anti against different shot types.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2022, 08:09 

dwruck wrote:
I don't know how you play so well in that room. With the white walls and floors it has to be very difficult!
I liked how you looked for your forehand attack. You did a good job of turning defense into offense. You are clearly becoming more comfortable with the anti against different shot types.

I really think i miss something to improve my level and quality. My shots are mostly good, im consistent (but i can be more). Problem Is that when i play against aggressive good players i play 75-80% of time defending, reversal Is not enough and im too slow to take initiative. I think short push and block can be a solution but with my 1.2 mm sponge Is hard to keep ball short. Im also worried about change again because i attack very Well using anti with that setup.

What do you think?

Follow me on YouTube ;)

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2022, 22:59 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

What type of blade are you using? The reason I ask is, some blades do not pair well with these types of anti rubbers. Against some of his harder shots you didn't get as much reversal as I'd expect, I'm wondering if your blade isn't ideal. The first time I tried these types of anti I had a slower defensive blade and wasn't getting any reversal. Once I changed, it made a world of difference.

Many of the other things you talk about are skill improvement. Consistency with the anti, footwork to step around, depth of shot with the anti, those are all things that will come in time if you work on them. If you feel like you like the style, stick with it and work on these points.

I'd recommend giving the 1.6 a try if you want to have an easier time of dropping the ball short. Reversal should still be very good. Again, think about if your blade is good for this style. Don't worry about the impact of the thicker sponge on attacking. You will never overpower anybody with Storkraft, but what it can do is surprise them when you reverse back spin into top.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2022, 18:13 

I use Matador texa carbon that should fit very well. Maybe the rubber Is just too old and the topsheet ruined (how many time before change the anti with a new One?). Thanks for the advice.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next