OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2023, 06:32 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
I've read that for antispin rubbers rather a hard and stiff blade would be better, as the stiffer the blade the more spin reversal you will get. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. Does the stiffness and the hardness of the blade really matter?

I'm about to have an antispin rubber on a soft and flexible blade. I've bought that blade not so long ago and it wasn't cheap, so I'm not keen on buying another one. I'm also interested in how does the anti really work, does it reverse, cancel or keep the incoming spin?

How would an anti perform on an innerforce kind (soft and flexible) of blade? Does it worth trying?

Thanks.

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2023, 07:20 

Blade: Andro Ligna All
FH: XIOM Omega VII
BH: Frictionless Anti
Could you please share the name of the blade you are considering?

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2023, 07:34 
Super User

Tohid wrote:

Yes. I'm considering using an anti (on backhand) on my Innerforce Layer ALC.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2023, 08:11 

GregorTT425 wrote:
Tohid wrote:

Thanks.

I believe it will work, as carbon + being 7-ply makes it a relatively stiff blade. I've used anti on a blade with a similar structure and it was working pretty well.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2023, 12:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
GregorTT425 wrote:
I'm also interested in how does the anti really work, does it reverse, cancel or keep the incoming spin?

That's going to depend a lot on which antispin rubber you buy. Some have very good reversal, some have a bit more grip so that you can change the spin a little.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2023, 16:01 
Super User

Tohid wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:
Tohid wrote:

Thanks.

I believe it will work, as carbon + being 7-ply makes it a relatively stiff blade. I've used anti on a blade with a similar structure and it was working pretty well.

Thanks for answering and reconfirming.

I was using a Korbel SK7, but changed it due to being a little bit too stiff and hard to spin the ball. Layer ALC is much better and flexible. But then I started thinking about joining the antiing players and became a little bit unsure if my blade was going to be suitable. I guess then it is okay.

Thanks.

Last edited by GregorTT425 on 06 Mar 2023, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2023, 16:04 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:
I'm also interested in how does the anti really work, does it reverse, cancel or keep the incoming spin?

That's going to depend a lot on which antispin rubber you buy. Some have very good reversal, some have a bit more grip so that you can change the spin a little.

Thanks for answering.

To be honest, I don't really know. I'm thinking about the Super Anti, Best Anti and Anti Power. Don't really know what each is good for separately. I would really use an atni which is more common that some no-name antis nobody knows anything about. May I get some assistance in the choosing? What are the differences between these three?

Thanks.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2023, 09:21 

GregorTT425 wrote:
haggisv wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:

Thanks for answering.

To be honest, I don't really know. I'm thinking about the Super Anti, Best Anti and Anti Power. Don't really know what each is good for separately. I would really use an atni which is more common that some no-name antis nobody knows anything about. May I get some assistance in the choosing? What are the differences between these three?

Thanks.

It depends on what do you want from the anti? For example if you need great spin reversal, the ones that you mentioned wouldn't work.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2023, 16:06 
Super User

Thanks for answering! Since I haven't ever played anti myself, but by judging the seen videos and my style of play, I'd rather like an anti that I can block, chop and hit well with. If the above mentioned antis wouldn't work, could you please tell me a few ones that has properties I need for a blocker-hitter style of game? Maybe an ABS? Something else?

I don't know if I need spin reversal, because I just don't know what it is good for. Would the mentioned antis keep the spin or just cancel it, if not appropriate for reversal?

Thanks.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2023, 18:34 

GregorTT425 wrote:
Thanks for answering! Since I haven't ever played anti myself, but by judging the seen videos and my style of play, I'd rather like an anti that I can block, chop and hit well with. If the above mentioned antis wouldn't work, could you please tell me a few ones that has properties I need for a blocker-hitter style of game? Maybe an ABS? Something else?

I don't know if I need spin reversal, because I just don't know what it is good for. Would the mentioned antis keep the spin or just cancel it, if not appropriate for reversal?

Thanks.

Frictionless anti rubbers like ABS won't let you hit, unless the incoming ball has backspin. You can check Luka Mladenovic for this style of playing. I also have a video on my channel playing with frictionless anti.

But if you want to hit and chop, the rubbers that you mentioned should work fine. I haven't played with them, but according to what I've read, they will cancel the spin.

I'd also suggest Butterfly Ilius B for this purpose, which is a long pips rubber. Its great in the aspects you mentioned, plus you can generate a good spin reversal by chop blocking.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2023, 20:46 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
If fits your game why not?

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2023, 23:41 
Super User

Tohid wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:

Thanks.

Frictionless anti rubbers like ABS won't let you hit, unless the incoming ball has backspin. You can check Luka Mladenovic for this style of playing. I also have a video on my channel playing with frictionless anti.

But if you want to hit and chop, the rubbers that you mentioned should work fine. I haven't played with them, but according to what I've read, they will cancel the spin.

I'd also suggest Butterfly Ilius B for this purpose, which is a long pips rubber. Its great in the aspects you mentioned, plus you can generate a good spin reversal by chop blocking.

Thanks for answering. These block and hit kind of game was only an assumption, I don't know what game should I want. I think I'll have to try out some antis before I can decide which one is good for me. I may start with a grippy one, then will see.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2023, 23:42 
Super User

merlin el mago wrote:
If fits your game why not?

Thanks for answering. That's the problem, I don't know what would suit me, grippy or frictionless antis. I guess I'll have to try some of them to get a good idea.

Thanks.