OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2023, 21:42 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
charmander defender wrote:
Yes , it is possible,DMS The Wall although many prefer The Wall carbon with extra stiffness and more speed,suitable for the slow anti and maximizing spin reversal , something that many of us are obssesed with, it seems.However, we should not really put all our eggs in the reversal basket.

They can pass the ball low over the net.... then, you need other skills and resources,....if you use a fast blade , it is not easy to have consistency unless you devote many hours to mastering your combo .

That's what I'm trying. I practice as much as possible and I feel I'm starting to get some progess.

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2023, 18:25 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: DMS Scandal 1.2
Ycos3d wrote:
I already tried ABS3 3.0 and it is similar with Scandal 1.2. First, i will try a 1.0 yellow dumpening sponge with ABS3 and if it is not ok, with Scandal. If it is not what i want, i will buy ABS2 PRO.
I will keep you posted.

After 2 trainning sessions I could say that ABS3 with 1.0 yellow sponge is what i wanted except the reversal. The spin reversal didn't increase too much, just a bit. I will try also Scandal 0.9. The choise will be between these two: Scandal 0.9 and ABS 3 , 1.0 yellow sponge.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2023, 03:08 
Super User

Ycos3d wrote:
Ycos3d wrote:
I already tried ABS3 3.0 and it is similar with Scandal 1.2. First, i will try a 1.0 yellow dumpening sponge with ABS3 and if it is not ok, with Scandal. If it is not what i want, i will buy ABS2 PRO.
I will keep you posted.

After 2 trainning sessions I could say that ABS3 with 1.0 yellow sponge is what i wanted except the reversal. The spin reversal didn't increase too much, just a bit. I will try also Scandal 0.9. The choise will be between these two: Scandal 0.9 and ABS 3 , 1.0 yellow sponge.

Hello!

How was the Scandal 0.9 for you on the Cybershape Wood? I'm thinking of returning to it.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2023, 03:20 

It was a bit better than 1.2, but still too slow. But cybershape carbon is much better then wood: the feeling on Scandal is better and I win points much easier with my inverted rubber. I would not change back to wood, just for a bit of control.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2023, 03:31 
Super User

Ycos3d wrote:
It was a bit better than 1.2, but still too slow. But cybershape carbon is much better then wood: the feeling on Scandal is better and I win points much easier with my inverted rubber. I would not change back to wood, just for a bit of control.

How is the reversal and disruption on the wood on a 1-10 scale? Also, how much was it easier to create spin? What about throw angle? I'm thinking of changing back for more control, more feeling, higher throw and more flex for my topspins.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2023, 05:37 

Reversal and distruption are kind of the same, but you will break your arm pushing, Scandal on Cybershape wood is very very slow. For high throw, you could try Razka Z( not extra hard). At the beginning I thought also that I have lost control, but now i like much more the carbon version. In few sessions you'll have the same control as with wood version. CWT help also to change the throw: no weight is to play very close to the table(also, a lot of balls will land into the net) and 9g is to play far from the table. I play with 6g.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2023, 06:03 
Super User

Ycos3d wrote:
Reversal and distruption are kind of the same, but you will break your arm pushing, Scandal on Cybershape wood is very very slow. For high throw, you could try Razka Z( not extra hard). At the beginning I thought also that I have lost control, but now i like much more the carbon version. In few sessions you'll have the same control as with wood version. CWT help also to change the throw: no weight is to play very close to the table(also, a lot of balls will land into the net) and 9g is to play far from the table. I play with 6g.

That's not a problem for me. I'm ready to have it slower to gain control. This 1,2 mm version is sometimes too fast with the Carbon version (but probably due to the lack of "soft-hand"). I actually tried the Rakza Z on the Wood, but experienced a fair shaire of ball slippage, as tack weared off quite quickly after I had started playing with it. The humidity and dust killed the grip and the throw angle was also quite flat. I wouldn't like to pay extra amount for the CWT, the standard one is perfect for me, it was actually.

With the Wood version, I have more feeling, more control and more spin. I've realized that dwell-time, thus spin is way more important for me, which I had sacrificed for increased spin-reversal. I'm reverting back to the Wood version by the end of this year. I'm going to get my spin, control and feeling back and maybe even the disruption stays the same. I attack with my flanti, maybe I'll lose speed, but I'll gain control, which is more important for me. Always have, always will.

The Carbon version wouldn't be so bad, but it lacks feeling, dwell and control for me. It is bouncy and hard to keep the ball on table at times, you need to be careful. I was stupid, 'cause I knew this blade is not for spinning, rather smashing, but still bought it. Expensive experiment and disappointment.

Thanks for the tips and information.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2023, 17:49 

I saw that you changed back to cybershape wood, razka z and scandal 0.9. Have you played enough for a feedback?

For me, the current setup is perfect, i oscilate between Scandal 1.2 and 0.9, a bit more control vs a bit more distruption.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2023, 02:05 
Super User

Ycos3d wrote:
I saw that you changed back to cybershape wood, razka z and scandal 0.9. Have you played enough for a feedback?

For me, the current setup is perfect, i oscilate between Scandal 1.2 and 0.9, a bit more control vs a bit more distruption.

Hey! Thanks for writing!

That's right! I have changed back to the Wood version of the Cybershape. I have sufficient speed, decent control and good dwell (more spin on my balls than with Carbon version) while having a unique and stylish look. Much better stability and feel I get with the Wood version.
As for the Scandal, I'm using the thinnest version, 0.9 mm. I feel the 0.9 mm version has higher speed and better reversal/disruption than the 1.2 mm version, but a little lower control. It is actually still hard for me to get used to the extremely slick and gripless rubber. It is so different to play with than my grippy-tacky rubber on forehand. I'm glad I have gone back to the Wood version, as on the Carbon the 0.9 mm version would be unbelievably hard to control for me. This is not easy either, but it's fine. In exchange, I feel I get good reversal and disruption, but the decent players are able to adapt and play against it. What I also feel is that I can do anything with this rubber, blocking, pushing, chopping, sideswiping, pretty much everything. I'm still experimenting with it and trying to discover it fully. I'll write my further experiences at a later time.
The Rakza Z is also decent, good speed, decent spin and decent control. It is much easier to handle than Tenergy and much more effective.

How is it for you?

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2023, 17:40 

I am very happy with my setup.
I have lost a bit of control changing from wood to carbon, but i win the points easier, because i have more speed and power.
The CWT system gave me the posibility to progress with my inverted gradually,( i played with 3g and now i play with 6g) and now, I could play from 3m far from the table or close to the table, I am not stick closed to the table anymore.
Regarding Scandal, I am very happy with it, and with cleaning potion from DMS, I still have decent reversal, after 2 months of playing.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2023, 07:43 
Super User

Ycos3d wrote:
I am very happy with my setup.
I have lost a bit of control changing from wood to carbon, but i win the points easier, because i have more speed and power.
The CWT system gave me the posibility to progress with my inverted gradually,( i played with 3g and now i play with 6g) and now, I could play from 3m far from the table or close to the table, I am not stick closed to the table anymore.
Regarding Scandal, I am very happy with it, and with cleaning potion from DMS, I still have decent reversal, after 2 months of playing.

That's good to hear! Keep me updated!