OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2009, 09:30 
It is illogical to play with a uniform surface!

Just got back from playing with a new set up.
Yasaka ma lin soft carbon and neo anti in a 1.0 rubber
you can attack on soft returns and change the speed and spin pretty good. The spin reversal was ok better on straight blocks and chop blocks. Chops where very consistant and chopping from the fh side was very effective. Played people rated 1000 to 1800 and won. I played a 2100 player and could not get focused on what I wanted to do. I might have lost my game plan or did not make adjustments to his high spingame. short serve return was a problem. I beat the guy with 755 long pips last year, But I guess i cannot ask for to much after not playing with anti for 15+years. I will test this set up along with a few more. but the juic neo anti does have some good points. I plan to play some other high speed loopers and try some different tactics,

:lol: 8) GIG

New blade set-up... Nittaku Monophonic with Dawie 388d-1 ox and Big slam max ( really like this one) down to FH rubber selections--I like it better than talon
flaired handle and 90 grams

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2009, 10:10 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

Excellent to hear michiganbob.
So was the neo not so good to use at long distance chopping, perhaps in 1mm is very slow. Though i would like to try it, I have it in 1.5mm and find it very nice playing close to the table.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2009, 10:56 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Sounds good michiganbob54!

I'm curious what the problem was for the short game...did the spin bite too much, or was it too hard to keep it low?

I find with this rubber it depends a lot on soft your contact it... soft contact is very insensitive to spin, harder contact does grip a bit... but not like grippy rubbers of course... If you can focus on this, you can take advantage of it...

Post subject: trying new set up
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2009, 12:51 

I think since it was my first time playing with it in such a long time was the problem. I was playing with 755ox and I have to just take some time working out the bugs. playing a 2100 player and win point with this is going to be a trip. I think I can play around 1700-1800 with it with out much of a problem. Yes chopping from 10 feet away was easy and blocking from 3-5 feet was easy also. i found that I could chop very hard with my fh and the ball did bite some and did increase the backspin. I have a few guys that I can do some drills with so I can refine the strokes and see if this is what I want to do. If not i will go back to short pips or long in a 1.0 and try that out. Thats the problem when you want to play as you get older. Im over 50 but still have legs. LOL. I really like the bh chop and block and fh attack tech. That is where I think I might work it to. Thanks again for the support I am turning on some other fans to your site.
Later GIG
Im going to try donic big slam 1.8 fh and juic neo anti in the next month

New blade set-up... Nittaku Monophonic with Dawie 388d-1 ox and Big slam max ( really like this one) down to FH rubber selections--I like it better than talon

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2009, 07:51 

I get your point on sponge thickness and yes does take some getting used to because it does grab the ball when I chop or pick hit. I will try some drills as I do like to BH chop and I am pretty good at it. I have to try to get use to letting the ball come off the rubber at different contact and angles. I was useing peacekeeper and 755 ox and found Pk performed very well. I will play on Tuesday and will get some more feed back. I dont expect to beat a 2100 player with it. Hey I just want some respect.. LOL :lol: 8) gig

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2009, 16:38 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

michiganbob54 wrote:
Just got back from playing with a new set up.
Yasaka ma lin soft carbon and neo anti in a 1.0 rubber
you can attack on soft returns and change the speed and spin pretty good. The spin reversal was ok better on straight blocks and chop blocks. Chops where very consistant and chopping from the fh side was very effective. Played people rated 1000 to 1800 and won. I played a 2100 player and could not get focused on what I wanted to do. I might have lost my game plan or did not make adjustments to his high spingame. short serve return was a problem. I beat the guy with 755 long pips last year, But I guess i cannot ask for to much after not playing with anti for 15+years. I will test this set up along with a few more. but the juic neo anti does have some good points. I plan to play some other high speed loopers and try some different tactics,

:lol: 8) GIG

I had this very same problem against a guy i usually beat easily, i have been v. successful with my current set up in the last 4 months, averaging 80+% using YAP 1.5mm on a Hallmark Aurora!

This guy slowed the game down and used high spin returns and serves and this is the 1st time that i have encountered this loss of control in my game, having said that my L.Knee arthritis was killing me and so i used my full brace which all limited my movement, so ultimately i think my concentration wasn't normal and i became anxious and my f/h smash, hitting game suffered too!

I am not going to beat myself up over this and shall just put it down to one of those nights, practice today should get the gremlins out and confidence back! :)

Post subject: Juic neo anti testing
PostPosted: 04 Mar 2009, 22:42 

Well I played last night with some success with my neo anti and ma Lin soft carbon Blade. I have to say I do believe the Neo does contain alot of great attacking propertys. I does work great with people that top spin and loop with alot of spin. How ever the main problem lies with becomeing to passive with my FH loop at this time to make points with it. and relying on the anti to do my dirty work for me. Chopping and chop blocking was difficult playing with a hitter or a pips out player. Myother option is to flip and BH counter with my spin side. I have found some problems with the blade as it does not fit as well in my hand as my gergely21 and ritc729 L-3 ( excellent aramid blade) . It does drift back on Fh attack on occation and since I have a bad hand , It does cause some problems. After a few hours I went back to my Gergely21 blade with some old Stiga Neo sound and peacekeeper ox on the bh. I was able to open up more on the Fh and loop more and block with the pk. results
!.juic Neo anti rubber..Good attacking properties with the correct set up a good counter for high spin blocks and chop blocks. with some high pressure on the blade you cn impart spin and controlled attacks. If you play a pips out player or hitter. than I would use it for service returns and then flip. Chop against high spin loops is pretty good. My testing is over with the anti rubber as well as my new yasaka ma lin soft carbon blade that I will sell as it does not fit my style. I also have a Balsa blade as weight of set up is important and nesseary to me. I hope this post if helpful as I will need help with a new BH setup from you guys. thanks
GIG