OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2012, 14:52 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

NZ Nationals 2012 any Kiwis going (Im playing 4 days)
starting tomorrow ,
Im playing for the Waitamata first team and we have a grading match at 9 am then we will be in the B or C grade our opposition do look better than us (well not better looking) :angel: but it should be fun, the the Teams starts at 2 am and finish Thursday at 9pm
On Friday the individuals start and I'm playing over 30's , B and C grades, and C doubles
B grade is for players ranked from 25-99 in NZ and C from 100 to 199, Im about 137 now which is my highest rating since......maybe never lol
The numbers are way down which is a real shame, so if any Kiwis' who are on here but don't chat please come and say hello, I'm the fat one from Waitamata
http://www.tabletennis.org.nz/

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2012, 09:10 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

I saw Greggy there today, he is playing Teams then off to the Aussie Veterans
anyhow in our Grading match we were considered the underdogs
however young Max played first to beat one of NZ 's best long pips players and ranked 200 places ahead , he won in a classic battle 12-10 in the 5th, So we looked at that as a real bonus,
Next Mike our injured chopper also had a great win against there 2nd player, Mike just played good enough to keep ahead
Then me and I was playing a short pips hitter, I won the first 10-8 after being ahead 7-3 then we were even next match but I got there 11-8 or (9) then the next game Im getting blastered and was down 7-2 / 9-3 and I thought relax and gain some momentum for the next game but came back to win 12-10

Me and Max lost the next doubles then Mike lost his but Max came back to beat the short pips hitter
so now we are up in the B grade which will be harder but thats why we are here
we just play to a result in the grading match

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 09:51 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Just the updates If I can remember last week
anyhow we ended in B division Team which still had at least 4-5 players rated in the top 45 in NZ so no easy games for us
we played Greggy's team and both my team mates beat him with our young team player going well against Greggs style and I had a 5 setter with Mathew Heatherton which surprised him more than me lol
we didn't have too many wins in our 5 games at all but our team Captain tended to get us to a good start most times but the rest of us didn't play too well, I did have one good win over Number 60 in NZ a young former National age group winner but got beaten easily by NZ top long pips expert K L, he gets me in Disneyland lol
So we finished last in this higher division but our 2nd team were superstars in winning C grade, I think because of age the older players (including me) must let the young ones play in the top team from now on

I played in the individuals in over 30's, B grade and C grade, but apart from a few expected wins so I ended up dropping about 30 places in our ranking/rating system but our Jnrs are now all even or ahead of me because of their good results, both Gregg and Mathew dropped alot of ratings as well, but both will gain more points against the right people
http://www.tabletennis.org.nz/
some more information above

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012, 10:00 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

I should add that Craig D (using CK531 .8) NZ's best chopper won the over 30's
and a visiting Serbian lady (not sure if she is staying in NZ ) Timea Tapa easily won the Open Women's event she used to hang around number 300 in the World before, and uses 804-40 on her backhand (not sure of the sponge thickness )
Mathew has written a bit about our Nationals in his blog