OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:44

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2014, 18:00 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
My best guess is that he's Srinivas Janardhanan.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2014, 21:45 

I doubt Elvis was looking to do a scavenger hunt for your name and then rating. But if you are ashamed to mention your rating, that is okay too.

I guess you think everyone likes to play mind games while warming up and asking simple questions. Whatever brings you a little joy in life, right?

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2014, 22:23 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

For pennant matches I try to get to the centre around an hour beforehand to do stretches and a very solid warm up. The brief hit before a match does little for me.

The bottom line is that if you are in a comp where people are quoting rule books then there is something wrong with the spirit of the comp. Its not much fun spending your leisure time with people who are being petty and/or trying to win by unsportsmanlike means. :( It's just ping pong.

Our comp grade is a high standard and very hard fought but it is played in good spirit. We treat each other with respect and nothing is personal. Also, despite the hard fought matches, humour is never far from the surface and there are a good deal of laughs.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2014, 22:25 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate II
FH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
BH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
ttHanahan wrote:
Elvis56 wrote:
You don't have to train them, just warm up.

Nope . I refuse to expose my racket & strokes whatever few points it may be worth. I am not willing to give up the slightest advantage

Or weaknesses. ;)

Seriously? If you don't want give up any secrets, then just block for your opponent. Or is that still too much to ask?

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2014, 22:48 
The King

So I looked up his rating and it's 2106 and the last official match played was in......1998. Highest rating ever was 2114 with most if not all his points for the rating scored in 1 tournament in 1994. After that mostly a negative record but somehow the rating remained(no idea how the USA rating exactly works). He seems to have some knowledge about table tennis or better put, he seems to write a lot about table tennis as can be seen here http://sjcttc.webs.com/advtt.htm . I found that site because MMNB mentioned it in his blog a while ago. And in no way can he be a professional website designer.

Not attacking him and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt he has good intentions but somehow his posts come out..... let's say different.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2014, 07:37 

Crazy Goat wrote:
I doubt Elvis was looking to do a scavenger hunt for your name and then rating. But if you are ashamed to mention your rating, that is okay too.

I guess you think everyone likes to play mind games while warming up and asking simple questions. Whatever brings you a little joy in life, right?

Nope that was not my intent.
Since Elvis is a defensive player I wanted to get an idea of where I come from .

There used to be a top Aussie (he ran the about com forum) who used to attack me & ridicule me without understanding the history defender abuse in TT but he finally came around

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2014, 07:41 

Elvis56 wrote:
So I looked up his rating and it's 2106 and the last official match played was in......1998. Highest rating ever was 2114 with most if not all his points for the rating scored in 1 tournament in 1994. After that mostly a negative record but somehow the rating remained(no idea how the USA rating exactly works). He seems to have some knowledge about table tennis or better put, he seems to write a lot about table tennis as can be seen here http://sjcttc.webs.com/advtt.htm . I found that site because MMNB mentioned it in his blog a while ago. And in no way can he be a professional website designer.

Actually I paid off that tournament director Rev.Larry Hodges to get my high rating :)

Elvis56 wrote:
Not attacking him and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt he has good intentions but somehow his posts come out..... let's say different.

Feel free to attack me all you want. I am a defensive player :)

Maybe you want to take a look at

http://tthanahan.com/scchamp.htm

and read comments towards the bottom and judge my intents

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2014, 07:56 
The King

I'm usually a good judge of character but I'm still not sure what to make of you but you're enthusiastic and TT crazy for sure. Is there a market for a tournament not enforcing the 2 color rule? I can imagine defensive players would love that but attacking players certainly wouldn't. Allowing frictionless pips would have a bigger fanbase I guess as playing against frictionless is way more predictable than playing against black/black.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2014, 11:07 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
Let us leave the attacking and defending on the table not on the forum. Gaining friends is much better than getting the unnecessary ire of forum members.

btt

A two minute knock up won't hurt the strategy of each player. The service you do is different from the actual play unless you want to practice your serve. But it is always better that you are already conditioned to play as you step up on the playing court.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2014, 11:08 
Super User

Elvis56 wrote:
I'm usually a good judge of character but I'm still not sure what to make of you but you're enthusiastic and TT crazy for sure. Is there a market for a tournament not enforcing the 2 color rule? I can imagine defensive players would love that but attacking players certainly wouldn't. Allowing frictionless pips would have a bigger fanbase I guess as playing against frictionless is way more predictable than playing against black/black.

And he misunderstands the two color rule exception (which is no longer in effect BTW). That exception was allowed only for a racket that met the USATT Hardbat Committee rules for a legal hardbat which wouldn't allow for the scenario he described. The whole point of the two color rule is to not let players be fooled by different surfaces. USATT legal hardbat must use the same surface on both sides. Fooling the opponent isn't possible. In fact, if the rubber is the same color on both sides you have the potential for the maximum sameness.

The sad thing is that the USATT seems to go along with the "logic" used on the webpage and they rescinded the two color waiver for hardbats.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2014, 11:10 
Super User

Elvis56 wrote:

I just realized that I missed your confusion on this. He WANTS the two color rule enforced. His objection is to the USATT's allowing an exception. He doesn't like the exception being allowed.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2014, 11:41 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Red_lion wrote:
Let us leave the attacking and defending on the table not on the forum. Gaining friends is much better than getting the unnecessary ire of forum members.

Amen to that! :up: :up: :up:

Red_lion wrote:
btt

A two minute knock up won't hurt the strategy of each player. The service you do is different from the actual play unless you want to practice your serve. But it is always better that you are already conditioned to play as you step up on the playing court.

I agree... the intent is a warm up, although you can usually pickup something about the players style, it's not likely to significantly affect the game. I would personally see a refusal of a warmup in our competitions as poor sportmanship, but I accept that this may be different in other areas or cultures.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2014, 12:28 

Jay Tuberville wrote :-

And he misunderstands the two color rule exception (which is no longer in effect BTW). That exception was allowed only for a racket that met the USATT Hardbat Committee rules for a legal hardbat which wouldn't allow for the scenario he described.

But I just explained in the tournament webpage how it is a massive violation of the intent & spirit of the two color rule. Read the dead Sriver vs live Sriver example. The rule was changed just to please the illogical demands of Marty Reisman

The whole point of the two color rule is to not let players be fooled by different surfaces. USATT legal hardbat must use the same surface on both sides. Fooling the opponent isn't possible.

Then why not follow the rules like everyone else and use an available red & black rubber.
Two color rubber not being available is a pathetic excuse. Would the USATT have allowed a smooth rubber
black only if the red one was not available in my local store ? Of course not but Marty and his hardbat cronies are
so special just like the glue users who forced the ITTF to repeal the glue ban in 1995

In fact, if the rubber is the same color on both sides you have the potential for the maximum
sameness.

Then USATT would not have had a problem if I used Red / Red Sriver ? What is the problem ?

The sad thing is that the USATT seems to go along with the "logic" used on the webpage and they rescinded the two color waiver for hardbats

No USATT did the right thing but not soon enough but then refuses to give exception to the idiotic Aspect Ratio Rule

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2014, 12:39 

wturber wrote:

I just realized that I missed your confusion on this. He WANTS the two color rule enforced. His objection is to the USATT's allowing an exception. He doesn't like the exception being allowed.

No you are sadly mistaken. Look at the tournament webpage. It clearly states the two color rule of 1983 will not be enforced and explains that players are free to use any combination of rubber colors as they wish.

All I said was I am willing to give up this exception if USATT would give me exception to the Aspect Ratio rule.
I do have a problem with the 2 color rule in the context of glue cheats , Aspect ratio rule and 40 mm ball combined

I am willing to enforce the two color rule if just the Aspect Ratio rule is given exception, though it still won't be fair playing field.

All these are moot points anyway. I do not think USATT would do the ethical thing and give me the exception to the Aspect Ratio rule. So I will continue holding unsanctioned tournaments.

Whether or not I have a market is completely irrelevant. I am doing the ethical thing and providing a close to a fair playing field for defenders. If they are stupid enough not to understand this then it is their loss. Regardless getting players is not a problem and will never be. I already have enough players signed up locally for 3 of the 8 events> age men's and over 50 men events and even the doubles and I expect them to be full. Problem is going to be women and school events but that has nothing to do with the modified rules

Last edited by ttHanahan on 19 Jul 2014, 08:47, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2014, 12:48 

Elvis56 wrote:
I'm usually a good judge of character but I'm still not sure what to make of you but you're enthusiastic and TT crazy for sure. Is there a market for a tournament not enforcing the 2 color rule? .

Whether or not I have a market is completely irrelevant. I am doing the ethical thing and providing a close to a fair playing field for defenders. If they are stupid enough not to understand this then it is their loss. Regardless getting players is not a problem and will never be. I already have enough players signed up locally in three events in all age men's and over 50 men events and even the doubles. I and expect them to be full when out of towners in the state of SC join later. When I hold open tournaments next I would have no problem at all getting players in above events .
Problem is going to be women and school events but that has nothing to do with the modified rules but the nature of how things are in USA in general

Elvis56 wrote:
I can imagine defensive players would love that but attacking players certainly wouldn't. .

Attackers > Scared little pussycats you mean ?

Elvis56 wrote:
Allowing frictionless pips would have a bigger fanbase I guess as playing against frictionless is way more predictable than playing against black/black.

But frictionless pips are unethical. Any rubber that randomizes ball flight paths by deliberate product design turns a sport into a crapshoot and it is no longer a sport.
I do not support design of rubbers with deliberately designed unpredictability.
That is why I will enforce the Frictionless Pips ban.

I do not think you really even know anything about the Aspect Ratio rule & its history and how disgustingly oppressive to the defender for absolutely no logical reason at all. I will not address this anymore but some details are provided in the tournament webpage

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next