OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 61  Next
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2009, 12:14 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
igorponger wrote:
ADMISSION OF FRICTIONLESS RUBBERS FOR COMPETITIVE PLAY.
  • Here, in Russia, it is solely the Refery-in-chief who is empowered to decide what rubber brand is and what is not admissible for this given event.
  • To my best knowledge, the FL rubbers wouid be well accepted for most domestic events here.
  • Still, you may not use the FL brands, along with all of the other "not-listed-brands", if an event would have been awarded an "international" status.

So the Russian TT Federation has no official policy as to whether they follow the ITTF rules for racket coverings? They should clarify that. Still it looks the like England, Sweden and Russia (albeit unofficially) are allowing frictionless rubbers for domestic events. I like this trend. Which country will join the coalition next?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2009, 15:55 
King of Ping!

Smartguy wrote:
Adham, has TT-Master got any financial compensation from ITTF, in whatever form?

Or maybe certain promise form ITTF? E. g. that TT-Master may produce the banned rubbers under other name and they get authorisation?

Or both?

I don't think you understand. TT-Master canceled the court case on their own accord. ITTF did not compensate TT-Master in any way and vice-versa. The banned rubbers remain banned and these names cannot be re-used.

The ITTF appreciates TT-Masters action and we wish them all the best in the future.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2009, 15:58 
King of Ping!

Smartguy wrote:
adham wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
Wow! That's interesting. Will Insider or SBIF be reinstated? The rumor going around is Insider will be again homologated but Swing Back IF will not.

Both have been voluntarily withdrawn by TT-Master in full cooperation with the ITTF.

Adham, does "withdrawn by TT-Master in full cooperation with the ITTF" mean, there was an agreement between TT-Master and ITTF?

If yes, what did TT-Master get in exchange?

Nothing. They just decided not to pursue the matter any further.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 09:53 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

http://www.ittf.com/museum/TTIscans/TTI60TurbulentFifties.pdf
http://www.ittf.com/museum/TTIscans/TTI63SpongePart2.pdf

Hi Friends
Have just perused two nice historical docs. Very, very suggestive readers...

PS. I will be back in a hour to proceed with the talk here.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 10:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Very interesting read those document, thanks igorponger!

I can see a lot of similarities to the current tuning/boosting technology.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 13:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

igorponger wrote:
http://www.ittf.com/museum/TTIscans/TTI60TurbulentFifties.pdf http://www.ittf.com/museum/TTIscans/TTI63SpongePart2.pdf Hi Friends Have just perused two nice historical docs. Very, very suggestive readers... PS. I will be back in a hour to proceed with the talk here.
Upon the reading, it has came quite clear to me that ITTF's supreme motive has always been as follows KEEP THE GAME LUCID TO UNDERSTAND AND EASE TO PLAY ...And nowdays, ITTF felt much concerned about FPrubbers bringing in a lot of deception and uncertanity to the sport thus making play a painful job. Hence they discontinued FPs with the view to maintain a fair and lucid character of the game. If so, it is very much to my liking. [div]Igor.[/div]

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 14:15 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I don't agree with that type of logic. It's the extreme spin that sponged inverted rubber have brought into the game, that is making the game so hard to appreciate and understand... the Frictionless Pips (FP) are simply one countermeasure... Without the extreme spin, FP would probably have nenver been introduced... I think the same argument can be used for almost every change in equipment :lol:

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 21:02 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

haggisv wrote:
I don't agree with that type of logic. It's the extreme spin that sponged inverted rubber have brought into the game, that is making the game so hard to appreciate and understand... the Frictionless Pips (FP) are simply one countermeasure... Without the extreme spin, FP would probably have nenver been introduced... I think the same argument can be used for almost every change in equipment :lol:

------------
Dear Alex,
No matter why FPs have been incited into the sport.
What is more essential, FP rubbers do disagree with the "fair play principle".
Rubber with "close-to-zero" friction just produce illogical, perversed spin on the ball, verydifficult for opponent to understand.
Similarly, the "long pips" rubber (>1.1) did exploit an "erratical" bounce impossible to read and return back correctly.
Both of the pips types were cancelled due to their obvious deceptive character. And not for any other reason.

PS\\ As for me, the ELLEN antispin rubber by TIBHAR is the best "countermeasure" to cope any heavy-speedy spin :D

Last edited by igorponger on 11 Jun 2009, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 21:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Again I must disagree... Zero friction rubber produce exact the opposite of the incoming spin, which is completely predictable. Players merely need to understand what the rubber does, to know what spin is on the ball. It is the pimples WITH friction that produce much more unpredictable spin, that can be very hard to read (although with experience we realise that it is not really unprecditable, just hard to read).

I agree that the extra long pips did have some unprectability, which is why I accept that decision that they were banned...

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2009, 00:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

haggisv wrote:

It seems ITTF does not want the game to have eventually degraded to a hard mental job, a sport for which mental calculating and prediction would be the dominative part over any others/

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2009, 01:36 
Super User

haggisv wrote:

I agree with this: "It's the extreme spin that sponged inverted rubber have brought into the game, that is making the game so hard to appreciate and understand".

But this: "Frictionless Pips (FP) are simply one countermeasure"... Has this countermeasure made the game less "hard to appreciate and understand"?

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2009, 02:58 
VaMP-ire Killer

adham. theres one thing that has been bothering me for a while, at majour tournaments the players wear a bib with thier ranking (or is it seeding?) on the back of their shirts, now when you see other sports they dont wear anything like this. It got me wondering, what is the purpose of the bib? It cant be to help identify the players on TV because you can tell who is who

Set Up: Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 Stiga Calibra LT Sound and Butterfly Tenergy 05FX

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2009, 06:48 

I've bought a SBIF at a time when it was fully authorised by the ITTF. The rubber has a normal friction like all other actual authorised long pimple rubbers...it is not frictionless at all ... I know the difference.
I've paid 35€ for it and I see no point why it should be banned. In my opinion the ITTF has not acted legally in this case. If the rubber was frictionless then the ITTF should not have authorised it at all!

But now again 35€ are lost because the ITTF restricts the rights of the players!

WHO WILL PAY ME BACK THIS MONEY?

I ask you Adham, what are you going to do next?
I'm sick of spending money for rubbers which are forbidden after a year or even after a few months!
Or does the ITTF earn also some money, when players have to buy new rubbers again?

I'm just a little step before quitting my beloved sport...it's no fun anymore!
The ITTF is on a good way to destroy my sport! THANKS A LOT!

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2009, 07:08 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Hi Martin, I understand your frustration (as I have two unopened Insiders and one unopened SBIF myself :x ), but please keep the conversation civil in this thread.

I think the blame for this situation falls on the shoulders of ITTF Equipment Committee Chairman Odd Gustavsen. His email is [email protected]

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2009, 09:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Friends, let us proceed with the prohibited pips in a better relevant place viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4802

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 61  Next