OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 61  Next
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2009, 23:00 
King of Ping!

Ninja wrote:
Thank you Adham for your explanation. It does sound kinda confusing though. Basically, ITTF sells the rights to any one. And that 'anyone' can in turn sell the "rights" to everybody else. On top of that ITTF themselves will be broadcasting LIVE the table tennis tournaments. And there are no business conflict of any sort. Am I right?

I am not a good business person, so I don't quite understand this system and how ITTF does business.

Whatever, right now (in spite of what ITTV does), I am viewing much less LIVE broadcast of table tennis tourneys compared to previous years. Apart from sporadically being able to view LIVE broadcasts from ITTV ( and I certainly hope the service can be improved e.g. some matches do not com on when clicked), there is no other broadcast except from BWIN for which the intending viewer need to deposit some euros into an account first.

MyP2P.eu publishes on the net, daily schedules of LIVE sports broadcast on the internet and all the broadcasting station/s .
Previously for table tennis, other broadcasters are shown. Nowadays, only BWIN is the sole broadcaster. Since BWIN does not enjoy 'exclusive' rights, I wonder why the Chinese broadcasters have suddenly stop broadcasting whenever BWIN broadcasts.
I don't understand this, and I don't think you understand it also.

However, I am overjoyed to read you say that ITTF "will stream ALL our events live as of 1 September 2009 on itTV free of charge". I cannot think of any table tennis player/fan not overjoyed. I only wish it could be sooner!

Arrigato gozaimasu !

I am sorry you don't understand. It's not easy to explain in writing. As I told you the Chinese rights belong to CCTV and they have stopped others from streaming in China. In any case, I suggest you just follow itTV. This is your best bet. As I said before in June alone we had more than 800,000 different IP numbers (distinct viewers) access itTV. So it must be OK.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 01:57 

ITTV broadcasting is probably the best move ITTF has made recently. Thanks for that.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 10:14 
Super User

adham wrote:
As I said before in June alone we had more than 800,000 different IP numbers (distinct viewers) access itTV. So it must be OK.

ItTV is a very good thing, it's quality has improved this year.

Sorry, I am note quite sure, whether "distinct" viewers means different viewers, but if so, I'd like to share my experience.

Every time I connect to internet I get a different IP number. I have no special connection, just a usual one for non business customers. It is very unlikely, that in June I got the same IP number 2 times or more. That means, that if I visited itTV 10 times in June, it was 10 different IP numbers of me.

I do not know, of course, how many visitors get a different IP number every time.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 08:35 
♫ Living On The Edge (Tape) ♫

Blade: Tibhar Stratus Power Def
FH: Rakza Z MAX
BH: Spinlord Dornenglanz OX
Do you play Adham?
If so, what equipment do you use?

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 09:13 
King of Ping!

VincentB wrote:
Do you play Adham?

I do not play actively anymore. I used to play a lot. When I played competitively I used Sriver 2mm on each side and I used first an old Alser-Stiga blade, then changed later to a special Butterfly blade, but I do not remember the name of the blade, it was made specially for me, the handle looked like n old Stiga-2000 blade. But you are probably too young to know any of these brands.

When I play now I take whatever equipment I am given. Now, I am lucky. I am often asked to play with the top players like Deng Yaping, Wang Liqin, Timo Boll, etc. A few weeks ago I was at the Double Happiness company in Shangahi and they asked me to play with the best player in their company. It was a lot of fun.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 09:31 

adham wrote:
VincentB wrote:
Do you play Adham?

I do not play actively anymore. I used to play a lot. When I played competitively I used Sriver 2mm on each side and I used first an old Alser-Stiga blade, then changed later to a special Butterfly blade, but I do not remember the name of the blade, it was made specially for me, the handle looked like n old Stiga-2000 blade. But you are probably too young to know any of these brands.

When I play now I take whatever equipment I am given. Now, I am lucky. I am often asked to play with the top players like Deng Yaping, Wang Liqin, Timo Boll, etc. A few weeks ago I was at the Double Happiness company in Shangahi and they asked me to play with the best player in their company. It was a lot of fun.

Do you take people up on these offers to verse people like Timo Boll? That would be a lot of fun!
The equipment that would get given to you I imagine would be pretty good. So, what standard were you at playing when you were at your peak?

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 10:05 
King of Ping!

VincentB wrote:
adham wrote:
VincentB wrote:
Do you play Adham?

Do you take people up on these offers to verse people like Timo Boll? That would be a lot of fun!
The equipment that would get given to you I imagine would be pretty good. So, what standard were you at playing when you were at your peak?

Yes, I play with anyone I'm asked to play with, even in my suit and tie. They usually pass me any racket around. I don't mind, I am very adaptable. I was a member of the Canadian National Team. I did not have any international results to brag about, but I did play Internationally in Japan, Wales, USA, England, France and even Australia (1975). Actually since you are from Australia you may be able to look up my results. I played in Melbourne in the Commonwealth Championships, I believe I lost to Trevor Taylor (England) in the round of 16. I remember beating a Kiwi who was seeded, Richard Lee was his name, a left handed player. Check it out.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 10:16 

adham wrote:

Yes, I play with anyone I'm asked to play with, even in my suit and tie. They usually pass me any racket around. I don't mind, I am very adaptable. I was a member of the Canadian National Team. I did not have any international results to brag about, but I did play Internationally in Japan, Wales, USA, England, France and even Australia (1975). Actually since you are from Australia you may be able to look up my results. I played in Melbourne in the Commonwealth Championships, I believe I lost to Trevor Taylor (England) in the round of 16. I remember beating a Kiwi who was seeded, Richard Lee was his name, a left handed player. Check it out.

Anytime you're in Northern NSW, I'll give you a hit? :P
Wow, you're very good then, by your description?

So, what came about for you to be inducted into the ITTF? What did you have to do for that?

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 10:34 
King of Ping!

VincentB wrote:
adham wrote:

Anytime you're in Northern NSW, I'll give you a hit? :P
Wow, you're very good then, by your description?

So, what came about for you to be inducted into the ITTF? What did you have to do for that?

very long story my friend, very long story. When I come to NSW I'll tell you all about it. Briefly, I was elected ITTF Continental Vice president (North America) in 1989-93, I was out of ITTF in 1993-95, then elected as Executive Vice President 1995-97, then Deputy President 1997-99, then as president in 1999. I was re-elected in 2001, 2003 and 2005. In 2005 it became a 4-year term, then I was just recently re-elected again on 30 April 2009 for another 4-year term. All my elections as president (and Deputy president) were by acclamation except this year when I had one opponent from Brazil.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 10:51 

You reckon you could come to Lismore Workers Table Tennis Club when you're in NSW? I'd LOVE to meet you, and discuss Table Tennis.

It'd be great if you could!

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 11:08 
King of Ping!

VincentB wrote:
You reckon you could come to Lismore Workers Table Tennis Club when you're in NSW? I'd LOVE to meet you, and discuss Table Tennis.

It'd be great if you could!

never refused an invitation. But I am not often in your neck of the woods. But if I am, you'll be sure to see me there. I'll ask my good friend Glenn Tepper to show me the way.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009, 11:18 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Not even a mention of the US Open on the ITTF web page? Seems like some other lesser profile non-ITTF events got coverage. Is there a rift between the ITTF and USATT?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009, 12:26 
King of Ping!

mynamenotbob wrote:
Not even a mention of the US Open on the ITTF web page? Seems like some other lesser profile non-ITTF events got coverage. Is there a rift between the ITTF and USATT?

No not at all. Our policy is very simple, we cover all our own events, and any other international event of which we are asked to cover by the host national association or continental federation. The only condition is that they have to provide the results live as they happen, provide articles or at least draft articles and provide photos. We did not get a request from the USATT. Sometimes the hosts prefer that the event is NOT covered by the ITTF in order to get more traffic on their own website. The ITTF does not have any problem with that.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009, 21:13 

Smartguy wrote:
adham wrote:
As I said before in June alone we had more than 800,000 different IP numbers (distinct viewers) access itTV. So it must be OK.

ItTV is a very good thing, it's quality has improved this year.

Sorry, I am note quite sure, whether "distinct" viewers means different viewers, but if so, I'd like to share my experience.

Every time I connect to internet I get a different IP number. I have no special connection, just a usual one for non business customers. It is very unlikely, that in June I got the same IP number 2 times or more. That means, that if I visited itTV 10 times in June, it was 10 different IP numbers of me.

I do not know, of course, how many visitors get a different IP number every time.

I stand corrected if I am wrong. Basically there are 2 types of IPs (Internet Protocol). One is static meaning it is assigned to an internet account and does not change each time one is on the net. The other is dynamic IP which is assigned to the user by the internet and changes each time one is connected to the net - meaning the IP address will be always be different. Nowadays IPs tend to be dynamic.
So 800,00 different IP addresses recorded at ITTV does not necesarily mean 800,000 different viewers logged in. Smartguy is correct.

Arrigato gozaimasu!

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2009, 08:34 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I think that's how most people measure it though, so as long as we all use the same 'measuring stick', we have a crude way of comparing traffic between sites. Let's not discuss the exact meaning of the numbers, it's just an indication of traffic...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 61  Next