OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 01 May 2024, 21:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: 31 Mar 2024, 20:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
merlin el mago wrote:
haggisv wrote:
I'm so impressed with how well she can block and take the pace off those loops, and still land then on the table. This is something I always find hard to do. I guess it's 'soft hands' and a bit of movement on contact, and lots and lots of practice.

Lots and lots of practice doing the right techiques and the most important right positioning to return the ball. FYI there is times isn't possible to return power topspin closes to the table not even using soft hands.

plus 111111.HOWEVER, I have the solution for the controversy with pros or ANY amateur player.

I believe Manika or ANY amateur player won't be able to block short or low with a fresh D,techs and a brand new run of the mill Viscaria from the typical internet websites.Therefore, if you are a friend of Manika's or of ANY high level amateur player , just record a clip with your amateur bat.Chances are blocks will be longer and higher NO MATTER how young you are or how many hours of training sessions you can do .

Ah!!! the same goes for the anti MASTERS ( and the famous pro liquid to make the rubber EXTRA SLICK ) .

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2024, 22:35 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
Not only do i thinks its very possible for Manika Batra to chop block low, I'd actually describe it as one of her regular go to shots. Is it really so hard to believe that the world number 38, the highest rated ox pimple player in womens's table tennis, a player with almost 2500 Rating Central can play a basic chop block?? without cries of "treated" rubbers. When you accuse her of using treated rubbers you are taking away her incredible skill set, you discount the countless hours she trains daily. I can fully believe that Merlin and Charmander find it difficult to chop block at the table but watching Manika's match against Hayata i saw many well placed chop blocks, i saw a shot played with ease, with control. This speaks of countless hours of training and practice. Just because a player can perform a chop block with an off blade doesn't mean that they are using "treated" rubbers. It just means they're a really good player

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2024, 00:23 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

You sound deeply offended.No, It IS impossible to block short with a new d.tchs and an off blade.Just do the experiment.....the material IS too fast to block that short.Either the blade or the rubber IS modified .I think It IS the former,which does not break any rules.

I never put down anybody be It pro or amateur but if you wish to believe they don't modify the equipment ,fine .. ... This is just an opinion based on talks with players who compete at the highest level.

For example,Luka M ,the anti spin master ,was said to play with double inverted ......he changed to anti .. .plus the Magic liquid ,... And just see where he plays now. . This is all based on facts ... ..told by a
Friend of mine ,Who ,btw,IS a PRo

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2024, 13:09 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I don't know if it's impossible, because a small movement upon contact can take the pace off dramatically. I don't have the skill to do this on fast loops, but I can do it on medium pace loops with some practice, so it's not inconceivable that a pro like Batra can do it on fast loops as well. This movement is too short to see it on videos. I'd love to be able to interview her one day, to ask such questions. :)

You may be right on the blade, it's not uncommon to pick the blade you want to use, and use the handle piece of your sponsor. 8)

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2024, 20:45 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
I know what are the right techniques to do chop block also I know the límits to do it still using the right techniques, it seems others don't know....

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2024, 20:56 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Divide and conquer, said the ITTF! Does it really matter if Batra plays with illegal equipment according to a governing body? No, it does not. The ITTF set arbitrary limitations towards equipment without rationale and what happens? The guy playing the now deemed illegal equipment and once your friend, is now your enemy. It's always the same trap bodies with power are using. And every single time people fall for it.

For me I admire every player who doesn't fit the shape the ITTF wants table tennis to be. How they achieve it, I don't care. For one it is just admirable to do it, because you make yourself an outsider and an easy target for the majority of sheep in the world. And second those are the players who keep table tennis alive without the morons of the ITTF realizing it. Make all players the looping machines the ITTF wants the players to be and table tennis is done for. Who wants to see a game of that kind of table tennis if you can get the version with the stars, different playing surfaces,... aka tennis? Nobody!

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2024, 22:40 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

This sport is becoming ridiculous!!!! I now understand why part of the ITTF Larc revenue goes to pay these inspectors........

Always with the shadow of cheating...... why don't they unglue the rubber and see the REALITY UNDERNEATH? double sponge in the middle of the blade after hollowing out 0.2 mm in the centre..... burnt sponges..... Haifu wisely devising a booster so that it cannot go over the limit .......all these controls for nothing...... illegal bats are still being used at these high levels anyway .........

This is a farce !!! even the very Timo Boll admitted 80% of pros used illegal equipment in an interview years ago .

Sorry , this is for those of you who still believe in the fairness of this sport ..... in the meantime. let's keep watching the double inverted loopers in the finals over and over again...... The Chinese against the Chinese...... sometimes exceptions happen >> H.Calderano at Incheon 2024.

.......this is getting so boring .....

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2024, 00:02 
Joo Too
Joo Too

charmander defender wrote:

This sport is becoming ridiculous!!!! I now understand why part of the ITTF Larc revenue goes to pay these inspectors........

Always with the shadow of cheating...... why don't they unglue the rubber and see the REALITY UNDERNEATH? double sponge in the middle of the blade after hollowing out 0.2 mm in the centre..... burnt sponges..... Haifu wisely devising a booster so that it cannot go over the limit .......all these controls for nothing...... illegal bats are still being used at these high levels anyway .........

This is a farce !!! even the very Timo Boll admitted 80% of pros used illegal equipment in an interview years ago .

Sorry , this is for those of you who still believe in the fairness of this sport ..... in the meantime. let's keep watching the double inverted loopers in the finals over and over again...... The Chinese against the Chinese...... sometimes exceptions happen >> H.Calderano at Incheon 2024.

.......this is getting so boring .....

Follow the money! Then you'll see why it is now how it is. The ITTF is a joke, a bad one at that. Corrupt to the bone! But like I don't see pips players breaking the rules as cheaters, I don't see double inverted players as such either. The only difference is that they can get away with it more easily. But that's probably because they are the majority and pip players are the minority.

The only solution is not the tinker with the sport any further, but to let innovation do it's thing. As long as the spin coming from the rubber is predictable, anything should be allowed. That will make the sport more instead of less inclusive.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2024, 07:03 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
@charmender defender and Lorre: maybe I missed something here but what do your rants have to do with Manika Batra?

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2024, 19:25 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Matt Pimple wrote:
@charmender defender and Lorre: maybe I missed something here but what do your rants have to do with Manika Batra?

Sometimes to go straight you have to take a side path... That said the link is if Batra is treating her pips, yes or no. If you don't like the content of the side path, you can always skip it. Skipping content is a marvelous technique invented in recent years. It's very useful too. You should try it. :rofl: ;)

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2024, 22:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Matt Pimple wrote:

I just made an observation about Manika blocking shorter and lower than in previous tournaments.My opinion is that she changed her blade or just made new adjustments.It is obvious to me her pips are not treated.Then, Rob M - I think- got offended as if I had implied Manika was a cheater- far from it! -

My theory based on experience and many hours of training is >> not even a pro can block short and low with a fresh D.techs on an off blade.

Then, it may have been implied that I put Manika down, no, I meant I do not believe anyone can block short and low with a fast blade and a brand new d.techs - I repeat, brand new D.Techs on an off blade straight from the website.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2024, 14:47 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

charmander defender wrote:
My theory based on experience and many hours of training is >> not even a pro can block short and low with a fresh D.techs on an off blade.

Sorry. With all respect, I am not convinced. International players are many levels of ability above the rest of us, who knows what they're capable of doing with what. YOUR experience and YOUR many hours of training don't qualify you to judge, not unless you've been coaching or training with international players of that caliber.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2024, 18:07 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
Iskandar you must know something called physics....

BTW your post is disrespectful. Everybody can post his point of view still wrong for others.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2024, 18:18 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

If you're going to invoke physics then you'll actually have to show me some physics. You know, measurements, equations, high-speed videos, etc. Just saying you FEEL or you KNOW something to be the case just because you've practiced a lot doesn't cut it.

And why do you feel disagreement is disrespect?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2024, 21:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Let's be honest.To CONSISTENTLY block short and low with such fast equipment- both rubbers and blade - is imposssible unless you tweak either tha blade or the rubber.

I watched A LOT OF videos where Manika blocked scandsalously high and long to be a pro like many of you say, with many hard hours of training.It can also be implied that there are 2 types of hard work : one hard work by pros and another different hard work from amateurs.This can be easily implied by Iskandar's or Rob M's observations ,which I do not agree at all .

It is also implied that unless I have a national high level trainer , I do not have any authority to say that fast rubbers on fast blades are not suitable to consistently block short and low .O.K that is your opinion.Then, how can you explain to me how Manika blocked so wrong in recent ttournaments?
and how could she block so well at Incheon 2024?

Ah ! YES, SHE TRAINED 200000000000000000 MORE HOURS.This seems to be either Iskandar's or Rob M's reasoning.

Well,obviously I do not agree at all .

We shoud not be deluded into believing that pros or any amateur can work miracles with the joke of equipment we are destined to suffer thanks to the ITTF rules .

BTW, DMS has just launched a new LP rubber - FAKIR- . IF YOU CAREFULLY read the blurb they say , quote : "Tabletennis is undergoing constant changes. In this context, it is CRITICAL for the industry to react to NEW NEGATIVE rules pertaining to long pimples,der-materialspezialist undertakes a new direction with the new long pimple rubber FAKIR and maxes out the ALLOWED POSSIBILITES......"

AND BLAH BLAH BLAH...... THE SELLING STRATEGY IS CLEAR HERE . Like saying : look, you poor blocker, it is a real pity you have to suffer with the current joke of equipment. We Here at der material spezialist have come to the rescue and so as not to be humiliated ANY MORE, PLEASEM buy our OVEREXPENSIVE , NEW RUBBER, FAKIR.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next