OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2020, 20:41 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I like her style as well.If she twiddled from time to time ,she would be even more dangerous .Also , a fh pivot on the bh side would surprise the opponent.It seems to me she does play with pips and I dare say they look/ sound soft ones! :lol:

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2020, 23:21 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
charmander defender wrote:
I like her style as well.If she twiddled from time to time ,she would be even more dangerous .Also , a fh pivot on the bh side would surprise the opponent.It seems to me she does play with pips and I dare say they look/ sound soft ones! :lol:

Yeah, she looks very consistent on the backhand. From all I've seen she is using long pips.

Kind of like amelie solja in nature. Not super aggressive on the bh side, but confident, so she invites them to attack whenever they want. Not a whole lot of variation going on, and oftentimes win through sheer consistency. The proverbial wall! Would she win more by twiddling or bh attacking? Who knows, probably! But tough to learn and implement well, so may throw off their stability. The fh pivot would be a good addition from time to time and least likely to mess with the rest of her game.

She seems to get quite a few points from her serve, which looks very basic and unassuming. I can only imagine she mixes what appears to be backspin most of the time, with dead balls.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2020, 03:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

"She seems to get quite a few points from her serve, which looks very basic and unassuming. I can only imagine she mixes what appears to be backspin most of the time, with dead balls."

Yes, I do agree.The strategy of mixing backspin and no spin serves by carrying out the same stroke is widely used, especially among veteran players .People who cannot read the ball rotation and just pay attention to the movement of the blade but not realising the point of contact on the ball tend to misread the spin , hence, the ball lands on the net . I suggest anybody should try this strategy as she does in the game because this serve to the fh side of the opponent is usually a winner when you mix heavy backspin and no spin .

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2020, 03:38 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
charmander defender wrote:
"She seems to get quite a few points from her serve, which looks very basic and unassuming. I can only imagine she mixes what appears to be backspin most of the time, with dead balls."

Yes, I do agree.The strategy of mixing backspin and no spin serves by carrying out the same stroke is widely used, especially among veteran players .People who cannot read the ball rotation and just pay attention to the movement of the blade but not realising the point of contact on the ball tend to misread the spin , hence, the ball lands on the net . I suggest anybody should try this strategy as she does in the game because this serve to the fh side of the opponent is usually a winner when you mix heavy backspin and no spin .

That is also far easier than trying to covertly change from top spin to back spin, using a similar motion.

This girl here has a similar style, but a bit more forehand oriented and eager/willing to hop around in order to get a rocket off:

CDR does a better job of setting up FH finishes that come to her sweet spot, which is a good tactic to use if you don't or can't move very well.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2020, 06:01 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

"This girl here has a similar style, but a bit more forehand oriented and eager/willing to hop around in order to get a rocket off:"

This is the way to go !!!! In my experience , I could not rely on just pushing and blocking with the pips all the time at high levels. When I beat high ranked players it was because : 1- I pivoted on the bh side and 2 - I twiddled from time to time. The plastic ball forces us to attack more. If we really want / aim to beat a 2400 / 2500 + player, we must pivot for a fh attack and also twiddle . The intelligent ,fast looper adapts easily to the pips, especially with less reversal from the new ball even if you block short .
These unexpected changes in the game caught them all off guard so the key is to train a lot, especially fh attack and twiddle. I spend much more time practising with the inverted now .

I do agree on all you have said so far :)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!