OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 567 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
PostPosted: 12 May 2023, 13:15 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
speaking of equipment, I know yall already pointed out the goriki danshi, but I was looking at tt11 and noticed they have multiple blades that are "goriki" blades, and it seems like the regular goriki and goriki super cut also have oversized heads. The handles all look similar too. Are we sure about Yuto's blade being the goriki danshi specifically? There's also the super drive goriki but I think we can be pretty sure he's not using that one.

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2023, 22:37 
Super User

Blade: DHS 08X
FH: Jupiter 3
BH: TSP Spectol

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2023, 04:08 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
Danthespearton HQ wrote:
speaking of equipment, I know yall already pointed out the goriki danshi, but I was looking at tt11 and noticed they have multiple blades that are "goriki" blades, and it seems like the regular goriki and goriki super cut also have oversized heads. The handles all look similar too. Are we sure about Yuto's blade being the goriki danshi specifically? There's also the super drive goriki but I think we can be pretty sure he's not using that one.

Yes, sure. You can differentiate them with the text on the handle

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2023, 04:14 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
Here is an interesting find -- use Chrome auto-translate:
https://victas.world-tt-s.com/muramatsu.html

Couple of things I learned from this article:
- His setup is quite heavy at 194g
- He is/used to be an EJ... constantly changing FH rubbers
- The weight of his blade is over 100g which suggests he uses Nittaku Goriki Super Cut as spotted above.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2023, 05:35 
Super User

notfound123 wrote:

- The weight of his blade is over 100g which suggests he uses Nittaku Goriki Super Cut as spotted above.

Nittaku Goriki Danshi not Super Cut (btw all of the Goriki blades weight more than 100g except the Goriki Super Drive which is a bit different in the construction)

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2023, 10:32 
Super User

Rinforzando wrote:
notfound123 wrote:

Nittaku Goriki Danshi not Super Cut (btw all of the Goriki blades weight more than 100g except the Goriki Super Drive which is a bit different in the construction)

I am not trying to argue... but Danshi is an OFF blade, slightly smaller too (160x155) vs the Super Cut is a "full size" DEF blade (165x156).. i.e. the same size as VKMO, JSH, and other blades. Is there ANY evidence that he (being a two wing chopper) chose the smaller Danshi OFF blade?

p.s. Mind you I am aware of Gionis who plays an OFF blade but Yuto is a "true-er" chopper who chops both sides.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2023, 21:33 
Super User

notfound123 wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:
notfound123 wrote:

I am not trying to argue... but Danshi is an OFF blade, slightly smaller too (160x155) vs the Super Cut is a "full size" DEF blade (165x156).. i.e. the same size as VKMO, JSH, and other blades. Is there ANY evidence that he (being a two wing chopper) chose the smaller Danshi OFF blade?

p.s. Mind you I am aware of Gionis who plays an OFF blade but Yuto is a "true-er" chopper who chops both sides.

I am myself a fan of the Goriki series, owning multiple of them. Goriki Danshi is the same construction as Goriki Super cut, and by no way it is an Off blade. It's still one of the slowest blade available on the market, but because of the unique construction it's in the same time one of the most powerful blade available on the market.

Super cut, is 0.1mm thinner and a bit bigger, so it's a tad slower and a tad more flexible. Japanese defender Honoka Hashimoto uses the Goriki Danshi blade also. Hitomi Sato moved recently for the Goriki Super Cut after playing a lot of years with the Goriki Danshi

Goriki construction (danshi, normal and super cut): 7 plywood of walnut (4.9mm thickness for normal and super cut and 5mm thickness for Danshi) which is very thin compared to most of the blade which has at least 5.7mm thickness. This is why the Goriki is so slow at passive shot but at the same time so powerful because of the great flexibility, heaviness (blade alone is 100-110g) and the unique construction

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2023, 22:01 
Super User

Rinforzando wrote:
I am myself a fan of the Goriki series, owning multiple of them. Goriki Danshi is the same construction as Goriki Super cut, and by no way it is an Off blade. It's still one of the slowest blade available on the market, but because of the unique construction it's in the same time one of the most powerful blade available on the market.

Super cut, is 0.1mm thinner and a bit bigger, so it's a tad slower and a tad more flexible. Japanese defender Honoka Hashimoto uses the Goriki Danshi blade also. Hitomi Sato moved recently for the Goriki Super Cut after playing a lot of years with the Goriki Danshi

Goriki construction (danshi, normal and super cut): 7 plywood of walnut (4.9mm thickness for normal and super cut and 5mm thickness for Danshi) which is very thin compared to most of the blade which has at least 5.7mm thickness. This is why the Goriki is so slow at passive shot but at the same time so powerful because of the great flexibility, heaviness (blade alone is 100-110g) and the unique construction

I am not disagreeing nor asking for the specs. It's all public info, available on several sites. Let me rephrase my point:
Is there ANY evidence that he chose to play the Danshi version?

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2023, 19:06 
Super User

notfound123 wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:

I am not disagreeing nor asking for the specs. It's all public info, available on several sites. Let me rephrase my point:

As I already said, you can see the handle of his blade on his recent video, for example ttbl or even some wtt matches and you can see it is the Goriki Danshi handle. There is some difference between the Goriki, the Goriki Danshi and the Goriki Super cut handle.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2023, 04:50 
Super User

Rinforzando wrote:
notfound123 wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:

As I already said, you can see the handle of his blade on his recent video, for example ttbl or even some wtt matches and you can see it is the Goriki Danshi handle. There is some difference between the Goriki, the Goriki Danshi and the Goriki Super cut handle.

thanks for clarifying. I think what isn't clearly being communicated here from me and notfound tho is that we're not really asking for what you're providing currently per se; its moreso that we want tangible evidence. I've looked at the photos of all the goriki's myself and seen the handle differences, but when i try to look at Yuto's blade upclose in videos or photos I see online, it's pretty hard to tell because it's not close up enough for me to be able to tell what the characters on the handle are. Plus, the handles are similar enough that from a faraway distance or low resolution video, I can't really tell. I guess the better question to ask you is, could you point out specifically the features you notice (and if you don't mind, pictures would be great ) to be able to distinguish? Sorry that I didn't make this more clear from the start, apologies

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2023, 13:44 
Super User

just did some investigating and i can confirm Yuto uses the Danshi version for sure, the lens of the handle shows the 2 distinct white characters when you look closely at close up shots of his racket in any recent videos

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2024, 12:42 
Super User

What a match!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 567 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38