OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2023, 16:25 

Blade: Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: Donic Baracuda
BH: Tackiness Chop II
Hi y'all,

Greetings from Indonesia, currently I am joining the PTM Sawlin club in Padang City, West Sumatra.
I have just started to take the sport seriously after having my first rodeo a few years ago at HS. I am in my mid-30s rn.
I am still developing my playing style, as you can see from my equipment, I'm starting with a slow paddle, however, I prefer chopping a lot. Probably someone here could give me some pointers. My level is beginner. I have a desk job from 8 to 5. I do other sports as well, like badminton, running, etc. I am into aerial photography as well. I stumbled upon this forum by accident after browsing for "Kaz the chopper". Looking forward to get to know you all.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2023, 03:31 

Blade: VKMO
FH: Buterfly tackiness chop
BH: TSP CURL P1-R
Hello, my name is João, I'm 15 years old, I'm from Brazil, and I train at the Jaúpong team. I have been playing for approximately 1.5 years. I am a modern defensive style player, using pips in rubbers on the forehand and long pips on the backhand. My current equipment is the Koji Matsushita Offensive blade, Butterfly Tackiness Chop for the forehand, and TSP Curl P1-R 1.0mm for the backhand. My playing level is intermediate, and I train every day, with my level improving each day. When I'm not playing table tennis, I am at school. Besides table tennis, I have a passion for airplanes, photography, and cars, so I do plane spotting in my spare time. I found the forum while looking for information about materials for cutmans. :Defense:

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2023, 04:06 

Blade: Sanwei Parla
FH: Sanwei Target National
BH: Sanwei Dizzy
phsortpip wrote:
Hi,

My name is Ed and been reading this forum on an off since about 2009!

Guess this is more of a re-intro…. Back after a 5 year break!
Playing on and off since the 1980 in college.
CPEN
Stiga Clipper CR
FH - TSP Spectol Blue 1.5mm
BH - Winning NP-Grass LP (OX) - 2nd attempt to try LP.

Hitting 60 soon so decided to try LP on the BH. Not so sure that i can be as fast as before.
Had a cheap Chinese rubber on BH before for RPB. Was playing in a league 5 years ago and took the Short Pimple CPEN style to a mid 1800 level rating. Learned a ton of things reading all the info in this wonderful forum. Looking forward to continuing the this journey with everyone here!

BTW my wife thinks I’m crazy as I’ve been practicing twiddling for the last couple of weeks while watching TV :)

Only played 3 times so far since coming back but looking to get some more practice in and hopefully learn some new things.

Regards

Ed

I would like to hear mora about you process changing to long pips. Thanks for being back.

—————————————————————————————————————
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@Dieg-OX
—————————————————————————————————————

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2023, 15:13 

Blade: Stiga WRB Off Classic
FH: Stiga Calibra LT
BH: Xiom Musa
Hey Everyone!

There's probably a few things to share about me:
  • Have played Table Tennis for nearly 20 years.
  • Started playing in England as a junior, then moved to Sydney, Australia in my 20s.
  • Qualified (Level 1) Coach & Umpire.
  • An 'All-Rounder' playstyle

I also run a table tennis blog at Racket Insight where we post equipment reviews, training guides, opinion pieces and more all about table tennis!

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2023, 06:03 

RI_David wrote:
Hey Everyone!

• Started playing in England as a junior, then moved to Sydney, Australia in my 20s.

I also run a table tennis blog at Racket Insight where we post equipment reviews, training guides, opinion pieces and more all about table tennis!

In your blog do you have also content about long pips?

Welcome

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2024, 01:06 

Blade: OSP Expert
FH: Donic Acuda P2
BH: Donic Acuda P2
hi, my name is Jure, from Slovenia 41 years old. playing from early childhood - my father was a coach and gave me a racquet and table tennis balls and that kept me busy while he was coaching. one of my first memories is playing table tennis on an old butterfly robot, could barely see over the table ... played professionally until age of 25-26, then slowly stopped ... after almost 17 years I am getting back into the game.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2024, 15:13 

Yurifi wrote:
hi, my name is Jure, from Slovenia 41 years old. playing from early childhood - my father was a coach and gave me a racquet and table tennis balls and that kept me busy while he was coaching. one of my first memories is playing table tennis on an old butterfly robot, could barely see over the table ... played professionally until age of 25-26, then slowly stopped ... after almost 17 years I am getting back into the game.

Fantastic, welcome back :party:

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2024, 15:15 

amet76 wrote:
Diegox wrote:
RI_David wrote:
Hey Everyone!

In your blog do you have also content about long pips?

Welcome

https://racketinsight.com/table-tennis/short-pips-vs-long-pips/

Amazing content, all the best and I hope we con do a collab together :D

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2024, 10:23 

Blade: Viscaria
FH: Fastarc G1max
BH: Fastarc G1max
Just signed up here. Not sure how active this place is yet.
Anyways im Danish. 52 male. I loved TT as a child and played on off throughout my life but Shotokan Karate was my main thing. I ended up on elite level competing and at one point was a national champion.
Moved to South America where I live now.
I have my own martial arts dojo and teach. However my secret love for TT was ignited again when I realized I could set up a TT table after my morning classes in karate and MMA.
It has kind of made me obsessed with it. Same way I was obsessed with Karate in my younger years. I play daily for hours now. Luckily I got some serious players in my town. I was at the bottom at the food chain just few years ago.
Today im 2nd best. My old competitive self has reemerged haha.
Nr. 1 is a retired former pro player. I take set of him but not games... yet.
So far able to keep the young guys at bay too. Wife plays too and she is kicking some B.... too.

Martial arts and TT are very similar in so many ways its not even funny. I could talk for hours about the similarities. And maybe I will one day.
TT is great fun and so good for the nervous sytem and brain.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2024, 21:05 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Evolution ELP
BH: Sabotage
My name is Emilio, I am from Malaga in the south of Spain and I am 51 years old.

I entered this world of table tennis since my son is the one who plays and I had to take him to training; currently, I have been playing for a year and a half but I am very bad.

Starting because I don't know how to play, I decided to put a strange rubber such as an antitop placed on the most beautiful racket on the market "the cybershape".

Since I was little I have loved computers, games and computing in general and I am lucky to work as a computer scientist.

I have several websites and YouTube channels, and I'll tell you about the ones dedicated especially to table tennis, which are tennisdemesapro (web and youtube).

I found this forum thanks to a friend who commented that they could answer some questions I had here, so we came to check it out.

Greetings to all :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167