OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 06 May 2024, 19:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Best MP for attacking
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2011, 23:10 

What MP rubber do you think is the best for attacking. I've played with Donic Twister, Giant Dragon 612, and have now ordered a sheet of Diamant 1.8mm. Even though GD 612 is listed as a SP it's definitely more of a MP. The spin reversal or sink you get from the 612 is amazing, but it's hard to attack underspin with. I used to play with SP on my FH, but recently decided to join the dark side and give some MPs a try. I played a friendly match with a Japanese girl at the US Open and she had Armstrong 8M on her fh. She was about 2250 and was able to attack wtih it very well. I'd love to get a sheet of Attack 8M but it's not for sale around here. If anyone knows where you can get it in the US please let me know. I know you can order it from iruiru.com but he is in Japan and I'm hoping I can find someone in the US that sells it.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2011, 00:39 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
DHS C7 is a great attacking MP.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2011, 00:49 

thanks but my buddy tried C7 before and I didn't find it to be very disturbing. I'll post my review of the Diamant once I get this in a few days.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2011, 16:02 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Butterfly Timo Boll OFF
FH: Friendship 802-40 2.4mm
BH: Dawei388C-1 Medium pip ox
Hi 2200 hopeful, I just started with MP last week, I don't yet have a qualified opinion.

I just wanted to say....AWESOME nickname!

Welcome to the forum. These guys are fun!

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2011, 16:31 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
2200 hopeful wrote:
thanks but my buddy tried C7 before and I didn't find it to be very disturbing. I'll post my review of the Diamant once I get this in a few days.

Well you didn't ask for disturbing, you asked for attacking! ;)

2200 hopeful wrote:
What MP rubber do you think is the best for attacking.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2011, 19:54 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
If you're looking to attack, the Gambler Peacekeeper is a good option. Honestly, you won't find a medium pip that's very "disturbing". If you want that, try some of the long pips out there that are meant for attacking, like 755. Peacekeeper will give a slow, off speed ball when blocking. It's quite good for blocking and easy to control when hitting.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2011, 01:56 
Super User

I do very well with plain old Friendship 563 on a one ply Hinoki. It is disturbing because when I hit with it, it is dead ,dead, dead but its also fast, fast, fast. Its not traditionally disturbing meaning that I can't just hold the paddle out, the ball hits it, and it produces a weird ball. When I attack with it though, it has the celebrated medium pips "sink."

I really tanked a guy who plays me tough, and always to my backhand, because every ball he looped or pushed over was cracked through by the 563 medium pips. I didn't even have to use a topspin drive stroke. Even balls he got to, were dumped into the bottom of the net. If only all my nights were like this one! LOL :rofl:

Ian

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2011, 14:21 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

I love the 563, it has a very soft feel to it allowing a more comfortable stroke. Dead is its definition...

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2011, 19:31 
Super User

If you wish to attack with pips, would you not prefer to use SP's? or is there another reason for your use of MP?

S#1: Joola Wing Passion Fast, FH: 729 Cream 2.2, BH: 802-40 2.
S#2: Joola Trix Medium, FH: Hurricane 3 Neo 2, BH: 279 FX Lightning 2.2.
S#3: Galaxy 896, , BH: Pro XP 2.FH: Pro XP 2.2
S#4: Senso Waldner Carbon, FH: Apollo I 2.2, BH: Blowfish Plush Short Pimple Tensor.

S#4: Giant Dragon Kris Special, FH: Giant Dragon TaiChi Soft, BH: Giant Dragon Meteorite Soft.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 00:19 
Super User

Short pips certainly have more gears, but the one gear you have with medium pips is very very good (its dead). My problem is when I try using some of the short pips gears with medium pips, I get the ball plowed back into me by better players. For example, I can hit backhand topspin drive with both short and medium pips, but whereas the short pip stroke digs and kicks, the medium pip "quasi-drive" just sits there (waiting to be eaten).

Why do I like MP's over SP's? LOL-at myself-I have an over fondness for flat smashing balls hit to my backhand. With the SP's they tend to carry out -just like inverted. With medium pips-I seem to have an uncanny knack for smacking these in (when I don't get too greedy).

I am probably best with an attacking LP -like Friendship 837-but even I will pull back from trying to attack shots that I shouldn't with long pips-like hitting through a slow loop. With the medium pips-they scrub the spin off-I hit the other side of table-all is well with the world (at least on this point-LOL). 8)

Ian

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 14:54 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

Or Diamant.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2012, 21:40 

I found that Gambler Peacekeeper (1.0 mm) pips are easily broken as compared to 563-1 (1.5 mm). Has anyone compared 563-1 vs 563 - 35 deg soft? Also, what does Miao Miao or some of the other MP players use? How long do these MPs last? I have a problem with the 563-1 and 563 MPs breaking after playing about 2-4 weeks daily. Is that true of all MPs? Or are there some MPs that are long-lasting (6 mos of 1 year) without breaking?