OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:04

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: moonbeam
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2008, 16:27 

Juan King Carlos wrote:
metal monkey wrote:
How about the moonbeam

I have a couple of pretty good condition moonbeams which I use to try out new rubbers on as it has a really nice ridged surface which means rubbers stick down real easy. It was my blade of choice for about 5 years and made a really nice (yet different) sound with glue.
It should have had a longer run really, was there a problem with it other than the huge price Butterfly were asking? I had wondered if a Galaxy T-8 might be something similar.

Hi,are you selling your moonbeam or you want to trade for rubber.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2008, 21:45 

vali wrote:
My interest has gone from BTY to Xiom , thanx to LawOCG's rubber and Power blade pics :lol: The EJ virus is lethal... :cry:

Seems that XIOM has all-hinoki blades too , and the look is better than BTY. Let's don't forget the Nittaku Septear , too ...

Unfortunately, XIOM doesn't have all-hinoki blade. It isn't because XIOM cannot make it, but all-hinoki has no meaning in performance manner. Yes, "all-hinoki" is only good for advertisement and the satisfaction of customers. Of course all hinoki blades have their unique feel, but if we select "hinoki for only surface" we can create much better feel and better performance. I can say this because I am a blade developer.

Now there are four hinoki surfaced all-wood blades. But, none of them are all-hinoki.

I recommend Amadeus or Jazz first. Jazz is completely created by my hand. But, Amadeus is created first by the creator of legendary Clipper Wood. He designed the construction. And, I designed the head shape and handle shape. It was co-operation of Sweden and Korea.

Personal Blade : XIOM ARIA FL
Rubber (F) : Tibhar Numbus VIP (MAX)
Rubber (B) : Tibhar Nimbus Medium (MAX)
Glue : I don't use speed glue.
-- Temporary equipment for testing --

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jun 2008, 02:06 

vali wrote:
Nothing new on Hinoki Shake Swift ?

I have had a BTY Hinoki Shake Swift. First, it was a wonder for me. Gradually, I found it's too much speed and too little sesitivity for me. Maybe, at that time, it was above my playing level. Now, that blade is of my coach, as a second, after Hurricane King. For me, Darker 7P2A-DF is much better and i play offensive with much, much sensitivity. :wink: