OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: carbon blade
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2008, 01:03 

Which carbon blade is the best for you.
I use the Butterfly Gergrely

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2008, 01:21 
Heavy Looper

T-4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2008, 01:33 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Absolutely no idea at this stage. I have 2 now of varying types. A Galaxy 2024, an Xienting ZL603 which also has a layer of arylate-carbon as well as 2 carbons. I haven't hit with them enough yet, so I will tell you when I decide which is best of these. I also have an Xienting FlyDragon 360 which is a liquid fibre tension blade, which stated being faster than carbon. Then I have the instinct all wood blade and the Lord of Speed LKT blade which I can't recall its composition. All have different feels, but all feel pretty good.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2008, 01:46 
Super User

None of them.
:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2008, 05:44 
Super User

Waldner Senso Carbon

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2008, 07:33 

the best one i have tried is the Maze Carbon,

i will probably buy one soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2008, 07:54 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I don't like the ones with the hard feel, not enough dwell time to get high spin. Some of the Arylate carbons feel very nice, and have a much more woody feel. I quite like the 729 Hao Shuai Champion blade.... but generally I'll stick to wooden blades...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2008, 00:10 

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Absolutely no idea at this stage. I have 2 now of varying types. A Galaxy 2024, an Xienting ZL603 which also has a layer of arylate-carbon as well as 2 carbons. I haven't hit with them enough yet, so I will tell you when I decide which is best of these. I also have an Xienting FlyDragon 360 which is a liquid fibre tension blade, which stated being faster than carbon. Then I have the instinct all wood blade and the Lord of Speed LKT blade which I can't recall its composition. All have different feels, but all feel pretty good.

I didn't know that we play Table tennis in Australia....... Kidding :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2008, 01:28 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Hi Cyrrus,
I might be a bit dense, but I don't get your joke. If we don't play TT, what do we play? I wouldn't call it ping-pong, that's for sure (but maybe some less passionates would).
Are you an Aussie? I assume when you say we, you mean that you are.

I'm not taking offense, I'd just like to understand your SOH.

And further to my previous post in this thread the Xienting ZL603 I spoke of, I have now played with and it is a very nice feeling carbon. As Haggisv said, the arylates have quite a nice feel to them, and this is one.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2008, 05:06 

W1 (woot woot)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2008, 08:11 

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Hi Cyrrus,
I might be a bit dense, but I don't get your joke. If we don't play TT, what do we play? I wouldn't call it ping-pong, that's for sure (but maybe some less passionates would).
Are you an Aussie? I assume when you say we, you mean that you are.

I'm not taking offense, I'd just like to understand your SOH.

And further to my previous post in this thread the Xienting ZL603 I spoke of, I have now played with and it is a very nice feeling carbon. As Haggisv said, the arylates have quite a nice feel to them, and this is one.

No Im not austalian I am belgian land of Jean-Michel Saive.
I would mean with my joke that Australia is more linked to surf and Rugby than Table Tennis ,
no offense just a joke

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2008, 14:48 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Ah now I get you cyrrus and I get the joke. Sorry, as you said "we" and I thought you were Aussie it didn't make sense. It does now knowing you are overseas.

Australians are adept at many things. Surfing is sure one of them for many, but never was for me. In my state we adore our Australian Rules footy (carna Pies = Collingwood Football Club), not rugby, but I'm too old for anything but spectating in this sport.

TT is not a high profile sport here for sure, but there is a good contingent of players and a handful that rate in the world scene. Those that play the game here, usually love it and as we get older I think its one of those sports like golf and bowls that keep you active and healthier and keep a participative sports passion going, rather than just being a couch potato.

I think TT is one of those sports that is loved the world over, Australia included, hehe. Just not by everyone IN the world, but only cos not everyone is blessed to play it, hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2008, 22:21 

I like the Primorac Carbon its pretty fast (atleast for my level), it has a bit of a hard feel but its easy to get used to : )

Hurricane 3 FH
Globe 999 BH

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2008, 00:33 

I loved my Gergely but it's an old blade and it seems a little bit heavier than the recent carbon blade. I'm thinking change it maybe the next season for a Butterly Iolite. What do you thing about this blade?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2008, 00:56 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

cyrrus wrote:
I loved my Gergely but it's an old blade and it seems a little bit heavier than the recent carbon blade. I'm thinking change it maybe the next season for a Butterly Iolite. What do you thing about this blade?

From what I've heard the Iolite is much bouncier in the short game than the Gergely which is pretty stable feeling. More similar to the Gergely would be the Gergely 21, a smaller head and handle version.

In other brands, look for hinoki outers, carbon and balsa core blade.

A teammate has a Gergely and it's one of the most durable blades.

-- Andrew

Spintech All Around Penhold blade
Spinlord Keiler II 1.5 black
Nittaku FastArc G1 red

729 all around blade
Tibhar Grass D-Tec S Red
Nittaku FastArc G1 black