OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 03 May 2024, 14:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2008, 22:35 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

Silver wrote:
hah. The last time i saw a moonbeam was when a guy dropped the blade and later had the handle seperate off the blade while he was doing a FH smash.

What a waste... :cry:
pinkie is selling the keyshot but i am dont know if its real or not $120 in the box but im scared on going back to the keyshot with out using speedglue i dont think tensor is the same with it on

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2008, 02:32 
Super User

Blade: Sansonov Force Pro
FH: H3PROV
BH: light and fast
That thing happened to me - the head separated from the handle WITHOUT touching anything, just moving around. I glued it up and now is OK. It was my KC. (':oops:')
Damn it...That was the end of my flirt with this blade

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2008, 08:53 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
When I got my start in TT, I ended up being a Nittaku pimp, especially for the rubbers, which Haggisv has been nice enough to host the Der_Echte rubber review series, although he doesn't sell Nittaku stuff. I moved on to Juic (choice of Speedplay, which OAK carries) I still use the Texalium ALL + and will reshape it with my latest OOAK purchase of an inverted and LP rubber. I flirted with Butterfly products, like half the VSG series. I still use the VSG 1000, although it is quite head heavy.

All that $$$ got me to wanting good products at a much lower price, so I eventually discovered in the forums the virtues of the newer Cinese equipment. My TT blade purchases have been split between Dawei and Galaxy, which Alex & Luna carry. Both make a great blade that fits my hand and my game. I have or have on the way the Dawei GTS and GTO and the Galaxy N-2, 896, and T-8. [u]I can honestly say the newer Chinese blades and rubbers cost a thrid of what I had been using and do not lose anything in design, feel and performance.[/u] I have been especially impressed with the GTS. The 896 with Kokutaku Tokyo loops great as a combo LP racket, although I do not use it enough over here.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2008, 10:59 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

The Moonbeam and Keyshot were great. I especially liked the nice big handle on the Moonbeam. Tried to find one a few years back, gave up. The Keyshot Light plays nothing like a Keyshot, in case anybody wonders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2008, 13:00 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

the light i found was not light at all, even when using long pips. The design of the blade is just waaaayy to gay as well

:bootyshake: Monkey

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2008, 14:38 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

Hm, slightly on-the-topic :lol:

Metal Monkey, could you write a review/comparison of that Amultart against the PC? I like the PC, and I'm curious on where that new blade stands. A dealer here in the Philippines charges an arm and a leg for that Amultart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2008, 20:57 
Heavy Looper

Baal wrote:
The Moonbeam and Keyshot were great. I especially liked the nice big handle on the Moonbeam. Tried to find one a few years back, gave up. The Keyshot Light plays nothing like a Keyshot, in case anybody wonders.

I used to like my moonbeams a lot when I first had them. They seemed really fast at the time but now there is faster stuff out there with better feeling.
They turn up on ebay every so often but there hasn't been one for a while. I am looking for one for a mate and don't want to part with either of mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2008, 17:08 
Super User

Butterfly - Mazunov blade - the best blade out there if the weight is around 90 ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2008, 17:20 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Yuzuki wrote:
Hm, slightly on-the-topic :lol:

Metal Monkey, could you write a review/comparison of that Amultart against the PC? I like the PC, and I'm curious on where that new blade stands. A dealer here in the Philippines charges an arm and a leg for that Amultart.

I think they charge and arm and a leg for it anywhere Yuzuki.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2008, 21:35 
Super User

Blade: Sansonov Force Pro
FH: H3PROV
BH: light and fast
Since I discovered the Hallmark Carbon extreme I forgot about the rest of my blades(Tube carbo, Iolite, KC,729-6030).It is balsa-core,quick, light(70gr) med-soft offensive blade. Does it all with astonishing control.BTW, the 6030 is a nice surprise considering it's price.No comprimise in any aspect of the game. I just took the lightest available in the shop(72gr) hoping to get the less hard one and I was right. Highly recomended

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2008, 23:53 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

I'm hoping that SC would benefit my game (currently using Globe 999 Nats), but would it be rude to especially ask for a light one?

...hopefully it would also be another fave blade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2008, 04:26 
Heavy Looper

Yuzuki wrote:
I'm hoping that SC would benefit my game (currently using Globe 999 Nats), but would it be rude to especially ask for a light one?

...hopefully it would also be another fave blade.

Got myself a Galaxy T-1 to try yesterday to compare with my SC. After a reasonably long knock last night, it was the T-1 which I liked the most. Unless you want the SC for a particular reason, there are much cheaper options out there which for most people will give similar results.

The T-1 and SC both go well with spinny rubbers like the 999 Nats but you have to have good consistency to control the ball when someone spins it at you. I was using G666 on mine and slight wrist movements when blocking could produce a large amount of kick and dip on the ball.