OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Stradivarius Review
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2010, 14:52 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Duke

TBS and Viscaria are very similar. I think Viscaria is just a bit softer, maybe a tad bit faster, at least based on the ones I've oplayed with. A lot will depend on the weight. It is possible that a heavy TBS and a heavy Viscaria would be more similar to each other than to a light TBS. MY guess is that on average, Viscarias tend about 1-2 g heavier. A bigger difference is handle shape. You could switch from one to the other and in a week or probably less nothing would be different in your game.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2010, 02:17 

Baal wrote:
Duke

TBS and Viscaria are very similar. I think Viscaria is just a bit softer, maybe a tad bit faster, at least based on the ones I've oplayed with. A lot will depend on the weight. It is possible that a heavy TBS and a heavy Viscaria would be more similar to each other than to a light TBS. MY guess is that on average, Viscarias tend about 1-2 g heavier. A bigger difference is handle shape. You could switch from one to the other and in a week or probably less nothing would be different in your game.

Thanks Baal, that explanation is really nice to read..!! You cleared most of my doubts about Viscaria. Thanks once again..!! :)

B/H : Tibhar Genius Max
Alternate Setup
Blade : Butterfly Michael Maze ALC FL
Rubbers: F/H : DHS TG3 Neo 2.1
B/H : Haifu Shark II Red Sponge 2.1

PostPosted: 20 May 2012, 09:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Resurrection of a very ancient thread. I bought a 2010 Xiom Stradivarius to compare it to a Viscaria. I have played with it using T05 on the forehand and T25FX on the backhand.

The Stradivarius is significantly lighter and based on how rubbers fit, head shape is similar to Viscaria. This would not have been true with original Strad that came out around 2008. Handle is similar in size, but dimensions are a bit different. When the blade is sitting face down on my table, the Strad handle is a little wider but is not as tall as Viscaria, so overall circumference is about the same. I would have preferred a bit bigger. The Stradivarius has a somewhat harder feel when you play, but in general it plays much the same way as Viscaria. It might be just a slight touch faster -- at least this one is. Very similar lack of vibration. Stradivarius, like Viscaria, is a stiff blade, but it had a bit more flex away from the table. Feeling of dwell time is great with both blade. After three hours with the Strad, my level was exactly the same as with the Viscaria. As with every Xiom blade I have ever seen, fit and finish is flawless and the blade looks good.

It is a very good blade. If you are looking for a lighter version of a Viscaria, TBS, TB-ALC, or Zhang Jike for about $100 (instead of the much higher prices Bttfly gets for their stuff), this blade is for you. It pairs very well indeed with Tenergy rubbers.