OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2014, 12:39 

I, Tommy Zai, EJ Madman, hereby challenge the creative, innovative table tennis company Nexy to design and produce the fastest blade in the world. I make this challenge to Nexy for two reasons:

1. There are players like myself, who want to play with the FASTEST, not one of the fastest blades. And, many of the speedy blades we adored are long gone, replaced by flexy weaklings!
2. I truly believe Nexy can meet this challenge!

fast1
fast/

superlative adjective: fastest
moving or capable of moving at high speed.
"a fast and powerful car"
synonyms: speedy, quick, swift, rapid; fast-moving, fast-paced, high-speed, turbo, sporty; accelerated, express, blistering, breakneck, pell-mell; hasty, hurried; informalnippy, zippy, blinding, supersonic; literaryfleet

Note: I would love to see Nexy develop a blade that would end my endless search for speed. I am tired of overpaying for discontinued blades, i.e., Sardius, Schlager Carbon, etc. And, I am not alone. Many players like myself feel the need for speed and believe control is for the faint of heart!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2014, 13:34 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Tommy,
Next time we meet, try my wifes blade.
Eleven ply plus two fiberglass.
Top ply, burl walnut.
2nd ply, madrona.
Has 14 hand rubbed coats of poly.
Madrona is so hard, raw wood will not float!
:)

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2014, 03:17 

NO THICK BALSA!!!
NO ONE-PLY!!!
NO ILLEGAL BLADES!!!
NO PRECIOUS JEWELS like MAKE MY DAY inlays into the handles of his blades . . . LOL.

I really think Nexy can design and put into production something lightning fast that has five or seven plies, two being carbon or similar. I'd like to see something like the discontinued Schlager Carbon, but even faster!!

Last edited by Tommy Zai on 31 Oct 2014, 03:24, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2014, 03:53 

Stiga titanium pls

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2014, 11:12 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Got a long road to get past the Schildkrot 900, ask Hookshot, he'll remember the whoopin' that blade put on all of us who had to wear hundreds of pounds of PPE just to operate that thing...

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2014, 03:18 
Super User

I have demoed countless blades and rubbers. As in 100's.

The best way to determine speed is by getting your opponent to lob the ball and practice smashing at full pace.

My findings---the blade makes more of a difference than the rubber-- just.

The Xiom Hayabusa ZXi blade is the fastest hands down!

Nothing even comes close!

Don't worry about rating,most are BS.

The Joola Express One is the fastest in combo with this blade--- but be warned,you won't get much arc on your ball.

The second fastest blade is probably the Stiga CC7, but again the arc on the ball with this blade is seriously non existent.

The Sardius/Gergely,Donic Waldner carbon are a long,long way behind.

With the Xiom Hayabusa I struggled big time to loop consistently on the backhand due to the lack of dwell time---the ball slipped off even using Tenergy 05.

I solved the problem completely by using the much more grippy Adidas P7,this rubber is insane!

I hit very flat on the forehand with the Joola Express. Very few can use my blade on the forehand using the Joola rubber but most find the Adidas rubber much more grippy and orthodox.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2014, 11:00 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I would be surprised if any other wood can generate the bounce and speed of a thick balsa. The only other option is hinoki carbon and those are never quite as quick as balsa. Hard woods can never be as fast as springy woods plus are too heavy.

The old Joola balsas and the yinhe t1 are still the fastest blades that were ever produced IMHO. All the other fast blades like schlarger, TSP hino carbon etc are the next level down.

I don't consider speed Tommy is looking for (bounce) and how hard you can smash a ball the same thing because a hard blade with a slight flex will be faster than all those super fast blades when you are playing aggressively.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2014, 11:16 

There are many 1-ply hinoki and thick balsa blades that have unbeatable raw speed, but that's not what we're after. We want the fastest composite blade that is playable with standard strokes . . . something in the likes of B-fly Schlager Carbon, but even faster and with more of the other good qualities. I sincerely think if any blade builder can accomplish this . . . Nexy can!

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2014, 11:26 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

In that case something with a koto top ply then limba then a carbon or soft carbon around a 3.0mm ayous core would be ideal. Wouldnt be stupid fast but totally playable.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2014, 01:05 
Super User

I bought a red sheet of Joola Express One in red to replace my old sheet of black.

While the new red rubber is as fast,possibly even faster I have much less penetration of shot.

The red while fast,produces too much arc in the ball so the ball travels significantly further distance to my opponent. The black rubber shoots through much lower and therefore is travelling less distance.

I really notice it on smashes most. I struggle big time to hit thru my opponent on easy balls with the red,but when I use the black so easy.

Speed is a combo of the spring of the rubber,the arc the rubber produces,lower being faster,and the blade.