OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:10

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: GEWO Velox Alpha Defense
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2015, 14:44 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Has anyone heard of this? I played a British LP player who had this blade with DtecS OX on it, and he demolished me. I had a hit with it and it was pretty cool...didn't feel like Balsa, wasn't erratic, chopped as well as my DefPlay (but stiffer than dp) yet still acted like a push blocking blade at the table. Never seen the word GEWO before.

http://gewo-tt.de/velox-alpha-defense.html

If you have used it..care to report?

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

Last edited by Japsican on 23 Mar 2015, 01:02, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2015, 16:19 
Super User

I have heard of GEWO brand before. This blade in particular is fairly newish so pretty much unheard of/unknown at the moment (I think!). Apart from seeing a video on geblocktt of some german guy test this blade, have not come across any other info on it. There is an outlet in Australia that sells all-round and offensive GEWO blades. Here is the link if you want to take a butchers http://www.affordablett.com.au/shop/ind ... Path=1_114.
The Velox Alpha Defense blade looks very classy and cool and I am sure it plays that way too ;)

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2015, 00:53 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Found it!

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2015, 04:49 
Super User

Good find Japs :up:

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2022, 05:21 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I tried this blade for the first time this week. I tried it both with Super Glanti original 0.8 mm and Super Glanti Attack (thicker and fast, more dynamic sponge). SG attack is a little faster than SG 0.8, and it gives a little better spin reversal on blocks with this blade. The blade gives a very nice feeling at anti-blocks, with a nice low arc and very good spin reversal.

I used it with Yasaka Rakza 7 soft 2.0 on FH and it worked very nice. Easy to loop back loops (usually rather difficult with defensive blades). Also rather easy to loop against back spin and enough speed for kill-loops.

I only used it for 20 minutes, I will use it more later, also with long pimple ox, and maybe some sponged lp for chopping. But I think it is best for blocking at the table, not chopping.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!