OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2019, 14:01 

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm
BH: Tibhar Grass Detecs OX
Gollum wrote:
Good luck "Soba" I will be interested to know how you get on, but one thing I'm confident in is that you will enjoy your Trinity Carbon experience :up: :*: :clap:

Yesterday I played first time with trinity. I had Dornenglanz OX BH and Golden Tango 1,8mm FH. Blade felt very good. BH hand was more dangerous for opponents than with Barricade blade. Controll was suprisingly good, specially in short balls. FH was faster but it doesnt felt too fast. I dont think its OFF+. Maybe OFF-. Thats good because I dont like too fast blades.
Now Im playing few weeks with Dornenglanz then I try troublemaker OX and Detech OX. I like Dorne attacking possibilities better than Detecs. Detec is easier to receiving serves and passive reversal is better.
Is Troublemaker slower than Dorne?

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2019, 23:48 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
Soba wrote:
Gollum wrote:
Good luck "Soba" I will be interested to know how you get on, but one thing I'm confident in is that you will enjoy your Trinity Carbon experience :up: :*: :clap:

Yesterday I played first time with trinity. I had Dornenglanz OX BH and Golden Tango 1,8mm FH. Blade felt very good. BH hand was more dangerous for opponents than with Barricade blade. Controll was suprisingly good, specially in short balls. FH was faster but it doesnt felt too fast. I dont think its OFF+. Maybe OFF-. Thats good because I dont like too fast blades.
Now Im playing few weeks with Dornenglanz then I try troublemaker OX and Detech OX. I like Dorne attacking possibilities better than Detecs. Detec is easier to receiving serves and passive reversal is better.

I agree with you Soba for me the Trinity Carbon is definitely not a fast blade as I've posted I've gone back to the D.Tecs but at training on Monday I am going to try my Dornenglanz again I've had great results with both :up: :clap:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2019, 22:27 

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm
BH: Tibhar Grass Detecs OX
Gollum wrote:
Soba wrote:
Gollum wrote:

I agree with you Soba for me the Trinity Carbon is definitely not a fast blade as I've posted I've gone back to the D.Tecs but at training on Monday I am going to try my Dornenglanz again I've had great results with both :up: :clap:

Now I tried troublemaker in Trinity, but it was so easy for my opponents. I really didnt know how to play with that? Its easy to play but so easy for my opponents also. So strange because I have read so much good here about it. Today I had Detecs and now it was totally different story. Guy how beated me yesterday easily didnt have any chance today. Huge difference between Detecs and troublemaker in my playing style.
Now I stay with detecs for 2 months then Ill see...

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2019, 23:27 
My Precious

"Soba" Retried Dornenglanz which was okay but my setup with the Trinity Golden Tango & DTecs definately gives my opponents more grief :up: 8)

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2019, 18:00 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

The looks a lot like the old Joola "cat" but probably a little quicker

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2021, 11:17 

Blade: Victas Fire Fall FC
FH: Dignics 09c
BH: Spinlord Dornenglanz
Does anyone know where I can locate it? I looked for it in tabletennis11 and they don't have it

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2021, 13:54 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
anakin55 wrote:
Does anyone know where I can locate it? I looked for it in tabletennis11 and they don't have it

https://tabletennisshop.com.au/index.ph ... ts_id=1170

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2021, 16:19 
Super User

Rob M wrote:
anakin55 wrote:

https://tabletennisshop.com.au/index.ph ... ts_id=1170

I bought a barely used one, just 3 weeks back .. awaiting delivery (delayed due to lockdown) Anyway, you could find brand new ones, over here ..

https://tt-maximum.com/en/shop/blades/t ... ity-carbon

and also

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/official- ... B00CIXX8CY (not sure if this will ship outside Japan

I didn't order from TT-max, due to the high cost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2021, 23:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Gollum wrote:
"Soba" Retried Dornenglanz which was okay but my setup with the Trinity Golden Tango & DTecs definately gives my opponents more grief :up: 8)

How can you tame the DTechs with such a fast blade? besides, your blocks should go long most of the time .

With this new ball my theory is : a slowish pip like Dawei 388-d plus a fast blade gives more trouble for the opponents .Furthermore, you gain control,especially, against anti or other lps .

I am also finding a balsa core seems to work much much better for blocking and especially pushing.No wonder the FW+ has a balsa core

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2021, 10:05 

Blade: Victas Fire Fall FC
FH: Dignics 09c
BH: Spinlord Dornenglanz
Thanks, I'm already consulting the page. :)

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2021, 14:12 
My Precious

charmander defender wrote:
Gollum wrote:

How can you tame the DTechs with such a fast blade? besides, your blocks should go long most of the time .

"Charmander Defender", Looking at the specs of the Trinity Carbon it should be fast but the batch of blades from Ooak TT shop were much lighter, mine were in their mid 70s which actually make them quite slow which suits me & my game style. :up: :clap:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2021, 16:12 
Super User

I know a close-to-the-table blocker who plays with D.tecs (0.5mm) on a Donic Persson Carbotec, and it's like playing against a wall.. Most players, power-loopers included, find it difficult to get anything past him...

I know several players (decent non-pro players), at across a couple of clubs, who play with D.tecs + VKMO .. Infact, I'd probably be playing with this combination had it not been for the weight (and cost) of the VKMO blade.

Speaking of which - I'm looking for a Light + Stiff All+ to OFF blade, to pair with my D.tecs; preferably low-cost..

With this new ball my theory is : a slowish pip like Dawei 388-d plus a fast blade gives more trouble for the opponents .Furthermore, you gain control,especially, against anti or other lps .

I kind of agree with this .. But, I feel, a fast, stiff/hard blade with soft'ish LPs with a thin sponge, give good results...

I tried the 388D (OX) on a 10mm balsa Carbon blade, and I found it very difficult to control.. I find the 388D-1 + Balsa blade, much easier to play with.

I am also finding a balsa core seems to work much much better for blocking and especially pushing.No wonder the FW+ has a balsa core

Yes, Balsa core when paired with the right rubber(s) works very well for blocking. However, where pushing (aggressively) is concerned, I'm not very consistent with it.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2021, 18:06 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
With this new ball my theory is : a slowish pip like Dawei 388-d plus a fast blade gives more trouble for the opponents .Furthermore, you gain control,especially, against anti or other lps

I found this worked well against high spin servers,388d ox on a Wosik carbon and the spin reversal was ridiculous without spin sensitivity

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2021, 23:45 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I did try 0.5mm sponge and a fast blade, off + ( Joola Mikado ) , in fact.Although I can see you can get good results,I did not like the pip effect and I could clearly see that the spin reversal is diminished a lot, even with such a thing sponge.Also, even with 0.5mm the weight of the combo increases,which I don't really like . I love light setups .

I am experimenting with Joola R1; superfast balsa blade.Superlight and great for blocking in ox with great reversal.I do agree with Dazzler. Dawei 388-d is highly insensitive to spin, however, I found Dawei 388-d1 a bit sensitive to sidespin .

I can also confirm the theory of the fh rubber for thick balsa blades. The thinner the sponge, the better,which is great as I keep the setup as light as possible .

Dtechs on 0.5mm and a fast blade is a great combination . I know a few players around here and they have decent results, nonetheless, I was referring of taming Dtechs in ox as the 0.5mm helps a lot with the rubber speed.Finally, even though Dtechs on 0.5mm works, the rubber does pop up the ball high enough for a good looper to destroy you.Maybe, some players are very skilled or they are playing with a perfect blade that matches the Detchs in 0.5mm.

Dtechs in ox also pops up the ball in blocks and the speed is hard to control ,at least for me .I watched some games where people used Dtechs in ox.The ball did pop up and the looper attacked and attacked until he could smash the ball .

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2021, 20:09 

Has anyone tried any frictionless anti on the Trinity Carbon? If so, does it perform? Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next