OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 02:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2008, 08:53 

Hi all, my first post after a week or so of intense lurking

I've just resumed playing (at a very low level) after about 20 years, and being away from home, where my old bat is kept, i've decided to go for a cheapie chinese setup made of a 2.2 729 cross (it was a mistake of the seller, i've asked for a 1.8. i don't think i can handle such a fast 2.2 from the beginning) on FH and a 1.8 Focus I on the BH.

The blade is the friendship 729 model 3020 a 7 ply that sells for about 10 US$.

It has a decent rating on the seller's website (would you put a bad rating on something you sell?) but not being a good player and not having anything to compare it with i would like to know if there's anyone who knows a bit more about it.

I read marvels (as value for price goes) about LKT's Instinct and instinct+, my blade is exactly in the same price range, but what about quality?

Thanks in advance

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2008, 09:57 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I'm not familiar with the 3020, as I think it's only sold within china (not exported). Going by their numbering system of their blades, I would expect it's a base-grade blade. The quality of all the 729 blades is usually pretty decent, and unlike some of the other brands, they don't have any really bad ones, so I think your 3020 should be OK. Being a 7-ply will make it a little stiff, so the bat may feel a little firm, but it should be fine for most things, and obviously pretty good value...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2008, 13:07 

Thanks a lot Haggisv for quick reply!

May i ask you which chinese brands have a fame for making terrible blades?

Thanks!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!