OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008, 19:45 
Super User

Personally , I don't like Hinoki . I found to be too soft . Any soft rubber seems to me hard on a hinoki blade.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008, 19:46 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Well... Since you have lots of time... Why dont you read up on the many threads about this over at mytt. Lots of info there already. Afterwards perhaps we could discuss more... Hehehe...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008, 20:23 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

I know what you mean. But there's still a lot of good info there and some posted by the members here. You dont have to post/ask question there. Just read and discuss here. My 1 ply will arrive tomorrow (finally... After a long month of waiting...) Looks like my remaining xiom blades have to wait... =p

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008, 21:34 
Cho Tokusen

Rokphish, what will be the thickness of your 1-ply ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008, 21:39 
Master Of Deception
Master Of Deception

:lol: I feel the same way about MYTT. Most ppl seem to know a lot about equipment but I just don't trust them....Can you trust someone who 100% equipment and 0% technique? No. Choosing equipment is very important but just pick something to match players ability. At MYTT, ppl seem to search for "magic" equipment...like hmmmmm.....want to be good without practicing. I could be wrong.
Some of them just want to add up posting number.

About 1 ply hinoki: I feel it's soft and springy that no other material can offer so far. I like it in my looping game but not when chopping so I use one ply hinoki playing/teaching(no pips) with my student.

EASY P - http://nexyusa.com/collections/rubber/products/easy-p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6tyNTO7 ... ure=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0zkq9Ja3E8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARovqP9tT0#t=64

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008, 21:39 
Chinese Forum Spy

speedplay wrote:
also the fact that at Mytt a lot of people posts without any real knowledge.

AHAHHAHAHAHHA nice one! ^_^ At times, I too find myself thinking "if this person spends half their time training as they do on forums, then the qustion would be answered by themselves".

But, I got a speed 90 coming (bought off nittakuball) so I'll give my 2 cents once it arrives...I intend to pair it with something soft, like the Roxon 450 (btw, does anyone get reminded of nail polish when you open the roxon? )

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008, 22:13 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

vali wrote:
Personally , I don't like Hinoki . I found to be too soft . Any soft rubber seems to me hard on a hinoki blade.

I am very confused here. On the one hand, you find hinoki to be too soft. Yet it is so hard that it makes a soft rubber feels hard??? Or are you saying that even a soft rubber feels harder than a hinoki blade??? :?

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008, 22:43 

My Juic 1 Ply is the softest blade I've used so far. I used it 2 hours with Tenergy. It felt very soft. That rock hard Tenergy felt like a mid-soft rubber. However I can't say I liked it that much. Very soft and very powerful does not suit me. I even liked my Darker 7P better. I keep hangin on my Acoustic for consistent play.

BTW in my opinion anyone using a 1 ply should pair it with med hardish rubbers. Tensors are mostly too soft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008, 23:02 

Bogeyhunter wrote:
:lol: I feel the same way about MYTT. Most ppl seem to know a lot about equipment but I just don't trust them....Can you trust someone who 100% equipment and 0% technique? No. Choosing equipment is very important but just pick something to match players ability. At MYTT, ppl seem to search for "magic" equipment...like hmmmmm.....want to be good without practicing. I could be wrong.
Some of them just want to add up posting number.

About 1 ply hinoki: I feel it's soft and springy that no other material can offer so far. I like it in my looping game but not when chopping so I use one ply hinoki playing/teaching(no pips) with my student.

yes, i agree with you alot of the people on mytt want to be able to stick on any rubber or use any blade and then turn up to their club playing like a star but they dont want to put in the practice or hardwork,

there is only a few of them i trust personally

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008, 23:25 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

aeoliah wrote:
Rokphish, what will be the thickness of your 1-ply ?

I'll let you know tomorrow after it's in my hand... According to Peter it's going to be around 9.5 mm. I'll post photos and measurement tomorrow night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008, 23:31 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

gekogark1212 wrote:
But, I got a speed 90 coming (bought off nittakuball) so I'll give my 2 cents once it arrives...

So you got it. He offered it to me a few days ago. It was a sweet deal, but unfortunately my 1 ply hadn't arrived as plan so I don't know whether I like 1 ply or not and had to decline his offer... It was bad timing... :cry:

I have Jonyer Hinoki, a 5 ply all hinoki blade. It's soft. I first tried H2 commercial 39 degree and it was too hard. I primed the H2 and then it felt good. I paired it with LKT Torrent on the BH. So, medium hard plays well (for me at least).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2008, 04:50 
Mind Gamer Extraordinaire

And what about non-hinoki 1 plies? I seem to remeber that Haggisv sells a 1-ply ayous from galaxy, and also (or he used to sell) a 1-ply pine blade (i believe from tulpe/kokutaku?).

Any thoughts on these? Advantages - disadvantages? Has anyone ever used a non-hinoki 1-ply blade?

(I'm thinking of getting the galaxy 1-ply ayous blade for a good allround setup with Higher III (jap sponge). Comments on this blade (aka Galaxy J-1) would be especially appreciated :!: )

PS sorry speedplay for this attempt a hijacking your thread, although you did ask in your opening post about all kinds of 1-ply blades 8)

Tibhar IV-S - Donic Defplay SensoV3 - BTY Tackiness D/C - BTY Feint Soft - Meteor 813

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2008, 04:57 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Jasper wrote:
And what about non-hinoki 1 plies? I seem to remeber that Haggisv sells a 1-ply ayous from galaxy, and also (or he used to sell) a 1-ply pine blade (i believe from tulpe/kokutaku?).

Any thoughts on these? Advantages - disadvantages? Has anyone ever used a non-hinoki 1-ply blade?

(I'm thinking of getting the galaxy 1-ply ayous blade for a good allround setup with Higher III (jap sponge). Comments on this blade (aka Galaxy J-1) would be especially appreciated :!: )

PS sorry speedplay for this attempt a hijacking your thread, although you did ask in your opening post about all kinds of 1-ply blades 8)

I've had 6 or so 9mm thick 1 ply hinoki blades when I played Japanese/Krean style penhold. It was soft, so allowed a lot of dwell time, yet fast and there was almost no vibration. You can use harder sponge rubber as the blade is soft and still retain touch. Not very many people seem to like these blades for shakehand as they find they lack feel.

When I switched to short pips I decided I needed a harder blade to take advantage of the short take-off time for pips and to retain power in smashing. The LKT One ply Ayous blade I used was hard and fairly heavy, but I soon switched to Chinese penhold style which allowed me to get more spin on serves and more reliable blocks that J/K penhold did.

Spintech All Around Penhold blade
Spinlord Keiler II 1.5 black
Nittaku FastArc G1 red

729 all around blade
Tibhar Grass D-Tec S Red
Nittaku FastArc G1 black

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2008, 08:56 
Super User

Jasper wrote:

I've used the same one-ply ayous Jpen from LKT that Andrew was talking about. It's a solid blade and lightning fast-- too fast even for me. I've never tried pine. My favorite blade of all time, which I'm still using faithfully, is a one-ply juniper (Jpen). It's fairly hard and stiff, has really good gears, doesn't top out at all, and has rock solid control. It pairs well with soft to medium rubbers. It's the only one I know of on the market, though, so I assume a shakehand player like you wouldn't care much for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2008, 09:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I've had a hit with the 1-ply hinoki JUIC blade, the feel was soft and not that fast, until you start swinging harder and you feel the power. The feel is different from other blades.

I agree it goes well with medium to firmer sponges... the one I tried had a slightly glued up h3, and it was very fast and very spinny.

The Galaxy J-1 is a 1-ply ayous, which does have a similar feel. The Kokutaku/tulpe one I have is 1-ply pine. This blade is fast but heavy and has quite a lot of vibration.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!