OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Juic Kiso Hinoki
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2008, 12:33 

Has anyone tried this blade? review please...
are there another one which is similar to it?

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008, 09:18 

OK

i have had my first go with the Juic Kiso Hinoki (JKH) paired up with the Andro impuls speed (max) and Roxon 450 (2mm).
you know the feeling how you have a go with something and instantly like it???? well thats the feeling i am getting!
there was so much more dwell time comparing to any of my BTY blade or my trusty TSP hino carbon blade.
due to the dwell, it felt so much more springy and the andro became very hard to control as it seems to fly off the other end without much power to the stroke. i had to close the angle a bit more to get it to land.
Hobbes was right about the gears... there seems to be endless gears in there as touch shots were great but it pops up a little due to me not used to the blade angle yet but it sue landed short. crank up the pace and the ball gets flying and the counter topspin rallies seems ridiculously easy at any distance. the harder you hit the more the blade gives and keeps giving. one thing i found though, i hit the edge of the blade more often the usual when pushing due to the extra thickness. that i can get used to.
anyway, i will be having a few more tries with it to see how i like it but i sure am loving it at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2008, 10:49 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Sounds great ishlion! That's very much like I experienced it as well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008, 21:53 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
What's the weight, thickness, rating of the blade? And what are the layers? Is Hinoki the main layer?

I just got an LKT Ayous Hinoki blade and it weighs in at 85grams and is rated Off-. Haven't got rubbers onto it yet, but I am thinking of trying the light side on it with BTY Tackiness Chop and Flextra. I could go Chop on both sides but I think this might be to slanted in one direction. Good chance of course that it will end up with pips on one side. :lol: :lol:

Any thoughts?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008, 22:12 

Blade: OSP Imune Pushblocker
FH: Yasaka Rakza Z
BH: DrNeubauer TroubleMaker
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
What's the weight, thickness, rating of the blade? And what are the layers? Is Hinoki the main layer?

I just got an LKT Ayous Hinoki blade and it weighs in at 85grams and is rated Off-. Haven't got rubbers onto it yet, but I am thinking of trying the light side on it with BTY Tackiness Chop and Flextra. I could go Chop on both sides but I think this might be to slanted in one direction. Good chance of course that it will end up with pips on one side. :lol: :lol:

Any thoughts?

Juic Kiso Hinoki only 1 layer of hinoki wood ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008, 22:20 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

thats right!!

A one ply monster!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2008, 23:38 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Hi RTTE,
That ayous/hinoki is one of the best deals out there. Depending on the type of game and rubber, it is a great blade. I have built so many for students I can't count. I have not put pips on one though. Like to hear how it goes if you put pips on it. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 01:40 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Hey Hookshot,
Sounds like good news. Blade looks nice and only cost me $15 off ebay. I am currently supergluing the edge. Looks like it wouldn't take much of a knock.

I'm going to try the BTY rubbers on it first and who knows it could have me step out of the shade now and then if its successful. Of course I'd plunge right back into darkness aginst people I know spin the arse off the ball on serve LOL. But I've found that playing with the pips has improved my stroke to a point I'd like to re-try double inverted (the BTY rubbers are the real temptation though - seeings as I loved my 25 year old BTY's). But I might find I just HAVE to put pips back on one side. :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 09:00 

hi RTTE

i think that due to the soft nature of the kiso hinoki (which is a 1 ply only - about 8.5mm thick and weighs about 88-90gm), a soft grippy/tacky rubber will result in a very high arc when looping.
i am currently using andro impuls speed and roxon 450 on it and find that the arc is somewhat medium/high due to the dwell time i get on it.

anyway, 3rd impression:

i had another 3 hours session with it yesterday and found that i could almost loop 80-90% of the time on my BH side (impuls speed-max) against a long pips defender. i can actually place the ball anywhere on the table and also able to finish off points due to the speed the blade is giving off! it is FAST when you give it some juice! otherwise great control from slow/medium shots.
punching with it is a dream as the soft rubber tops out, the blade comes into play and boy does it play! there are GEARS galore in this blade.
FH witht he roxon 450 2mm is becoming better as well! loops are kicking off wildly due to the extra spin generated from the extra dwell time.
i did find that the loop action has to be at a quicker speed on backspins to get the rubber/blade working but it would land and rocket off.... the more you give the more it gets going. it does not feel as if it would top out.

the only down side of things is the thickness which i am still trying to get used to! i have been using 5.7mm thickness in the past so this is almost double in thickness and therefore i still hit the edge of the blade every now and then. other than that, no complaints what so ever!

man i am loving this blade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 11:46 
Super User

Yes, that sounds just right. Hinoki isn't for everyone, but the people that it's good for will love it like crazy. If I hadn't found my trusty 982, I'd have definitely stuck with a Darker Speed 90. I still have yet to really try a hinoki shakehand blade, but I know what to expect and it's certainly tempting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 12:45 
Cho Tokusen

So far Single ply Hinoki is the best for me. I have four of them, all J-pens :
- Speed 90 Square 9,5 mm, 80 grams
- Speed 90 Round 9 mm, 84 grams
- Kokutaku Cho Super 10 mm, 80 grams
- Nittaku Cho Tokusen A, 80 grams

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 13:15 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
I like mine as well, just wished the handle is thinner. After playing with my 1 ply, the other handles feel so thin... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 14:24 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Hey Ish,

You are certainly making that blade sound awfully tempting...especially to an old EJ like me LOL. I will have to suffice with my first dabble into Hinoki with my LKT blade that's mixed with ayous. Single ply is also very tempting to try. I just imagine the power it must generate. The only thing I don't get it I thought Kiso was another wood, so where does it come into the blade? In the handle??? LOL. Btw, where did you get it and whats it worth?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 15:05 

hey Reb

got it here from Alex, i think altogether was about $95 or there abouts.
a lot cheaper than some of my other blades but i am loving it.
dont know why there is kiso-hinoki, maybe alex can tell you that, maybe kiso handle outer and hinoki 1 ply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 15:40 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

Hey Reb:

Quick note, some forum members will disagree however I don't think hinoki is the best wood for a pip blade. One ply might work in the way balsa does but I didn't think multiply hinoki was great (Septear). Some noted forum members do play (what I think) is hinoki with pips so there must be something in it.

Ayous outer plies could well be useful for pips (very hard wood), so the hinoki/ayous combo blade looks good.

I have my doubts that something with as much flex as one ply hinoki would give strong spin reversal (too much dwell time). 1 ply is great for inverted rubber particularly if you are looking for heavy spin and speed but I'd test it first on pips before buying.

1 ply is also fragile, which I'm sure you know.

Hmmm... after reading the Darker 7P-2A.DF reviews then 7-ply hinoki - I presume it is a thin blade - must be good with pips. Septear offers control but a noticeable reduction in reverse spin.

Frictionless strokes | Attacking pip strokes | Greggy's advice | Bollsbrother | Sebastian Sauer . . . . . .

Last edited by Mathias on 11 Jul 2008, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.