OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:48

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2019, 09:04 

Does anybody have further suggestions for forehand allround game?

I'll try Troublemaker Ox on a new Grubba All+ blade next week.

Thanks in advance...

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2019, 09:52 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
A thin forehand rubber( SOFT sponge ) gives me the best control for my pips.I can serve effectively with mm 1.0- 1.5 max . Pushing,blocking and smashing are great. With Moristo 1.2 the speed is just enough to play a controlled game. The key thing is to put balls on the table, consistency , not outright winners because the speed is not tremendous .Twiddling is effective as Moristo on bh is safe too. If I ever loop,it is just a few times ,yes, spinny, medium speed . With Moristo 1.2 you can add very decent spin on serves; I'd say 7 /8 out of 10

The combo is very light so I move my wrist very efficiently.I play with Grubba all + with a straight handle as my hand is small .

Also, the feeling of the ball with the pips is great and with Moristo it is fantastic!! . Stiff blades may give a bit more of reversal but you lose the feeling and the control of the pips .

There seem to be some of us here with the same playing strategies. I like this similarities so much.I wonder what would happen if we ever played against each other . ....I guess some very interesting games ,.... :lol: :)

Anyone trying Grubba all + won't go wrong :rock:

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2019, 12:46 
Super User

Facing you will be like me playing against me and getting beat by a much better version of me Char Def lol! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2019, 22:30 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

TTbuddy wrote:
Facing you will be like me playing against me and getting beat by a much better version of me Char Def lol! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Haha,.. funny , :lol: :lol: ... yes, some of us here play similarly .I wonder what might happen ,.... yes, I have some tricky serves with the pips , :lol: :lol: ... so when the score is 9-9, 10-10 etc, I will get the point by these cunning strategies , :lol: :lol: .... also, I guess twiddling would be one of the keys to gain victory ,... however, the fun and the enjoyment would be the best thing ,.... and just being able to meet some of the dear forum members here one day would be fantastic ,....

By the way , I think I would have a hard time to beat a BT player with a safe setup like yours,throwing back balls consistently,.... being safe in the rallies,.... I don't know the kind of serves you have or how well you twiddle ,... but if we relied just on the pips, we would both have a really hard time ,.....

Anyway, I am sure we would learn a lot from each other ,.... in fact, I copy the good in others ,....everybody has got talent and especially, you have Bomb Talent :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2019, 19:29 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
Troublespezialist wrote:

Thanks in advance...

I tend to disregard the word ALL in Grubba, sorry.
Remember that Grubba blade born before me even born, and the blade already called ALL blade back then.
Currently, I always consider Grubba or Grubba Pro as a chopper blade. Allrounder blade for me is either Butterfly Timo Boll W5, Butterfly Korbel SK7, or Butterfly Viscaria Light

(´。• ω •。`) ♡

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2019, 20:09 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
BeGo wrote:
Remember that Grubba blade born before me even born, and the blade already called ALL blade back then.
Currently, I always consider Grubba or Grubba Pro as a chopper blade. Allrounder blade for me is either Butterfly Timo Boll W5, Butterfly Korbel SK7, or Butterfly Viscaria Light
(´。• ω •。`) ♡

I quess the speed of ALL blades have gone up in recent decades, so Gruppa all+ might not fit the speed requirements of modern all+ blade for you...but, I wouldn't call Gruppa all+ as an chopper blade, as it doesn't support chopping in my opinion - it's more of a bouncy at the table blade than "grippy" chopping blade. Of course you can chop with it, but according my limited experience, it's not the first choice, if you are a chopper.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2019, 09:48 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
Roy wrote:
BeGo wrote:
(´。• ω •。`) ♡

I quess the speed of ALL blades have gone up in recent decades, so Gruppa all+ might not fit the speed requirements of modern all+ blade for you...but, I wouldn't call Gruppa all+ as an chopper blade, as it doesn't support chopping in my opinion - it's more of a bouncy at the table blade than "grippy" chopping blade. Of course you can chop with it, but according my limited experience, it's not the first choice, if you are a chopper.
Agree.

The very reason why I prefer custom made / bladesmith made blades now.

Those big Guys did not make 17 cm blades like Butterfly Defence Alpha anymore.

(。•́︿•̀。)

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2019, 02:33 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Roy wrote:
I quess the speed of ALL blades have gone up in recent decades,

On the other hand, the ball's become slower... so shouldn't it balance out in the end? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2019, 19:59 

Troublespezialist wrote:

I gave it a try during this and last week. For me it´s a almost perfect blade for Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker on BH. Speed, Spin and Control match in a very good way. Offensive play with the pimples worked out best so far from my experience (coming from faster blades). Backspin in f.e. chop-blocks is very high. Ball placement comes very intuitively.

Forehandwise I tried a Spinlord Marder2 in 2.0mm. This seemed alright, could be more dynamic and I´d prefer a harder touch. Let´s see.. Any further suggestions?

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2019, 20:19 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Troublespezialist wrote:
Troublespezialist wrote:

I gave it a try during this and last week. For me it´s a almost perfect blade for Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker on BH. Speed, Spin and Control match in a very good way. Offensive play with the pimples worked out best so far from my experience (coming from faster blades). Backspin in f.e. chop-blocks is very high. Ball placement comes very intuitively.

Forehandwise I tried a Spinlord Marder2 in 2.0mm. This seemed alright, could be more dynamic and I´d prefer a harder touch. Let´s see.. Any further suggestions?

Thinner rubbers work better for me. I'm going to try original Marder in 1.0.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2019, 08:12 

mynamenotbob wrote:
I'm going to try original Marder in 1.0.

Please let us know if you could play spinny topspins with that Marder :oops:

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2019, 09:01 
Super User

You sure can

:)

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2019, 04:54 

Impressive skills indeed :up:

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2019, 10:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Tonight I have revisited Globe 979 ox in red . I must say the Grubba all + works all right with this pip as well.Short blocks,fairly low trajectory and pushes.
Straight out of the packet the globe 979 has little friction, which I like.For example ,DG has a lot more, then, when you wear it down, it is when it starts to perform fantastically .

The speed of the Globe on the Grubba is very controllable and the feeling of the ball with the pip is great . The pips are vertically aligned,which is a great difference with many lps .

You could give the Globe a try on the Grubba and perhaps You will like it more than Tm since the Globe seems to be more dangerous and the opponent will make more mistakes . :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 07:56 

charmander defender wrote:
Tonight I have revisited Globe 979 ox in red . I must say the Grubba all + works all right with this pip as well.Short blocks,fairly low trajectory and pushes.
Straight out of the packet the globe 979 has little friction, which I like.For example ,DG has a lot more, then, when you wear it down, it is when it starts to perform fantastically .

The speed of the Globe on the Grubba is very controllable and the feeling of the ball with the pip is great . The pips are vertically aligned,which is a great difference with many lps .

You could give the Globe a try on the Grubba and perhaps You will like it more than Tm since the Globe seems to be more dangerous and the opponent will make more mistakes . :lol: :lol:

Hi Charm Def and MNNB. As you both use Grubba All+ as a competition blade I want to ask you whether you tested Grass D Tec
or not. I was sceptical about effectiveness of Grass D Tec with the plastic ball until tonight practice when I discovered Grass D Tec
as well mannered long pip on Grubba blade( a forehand rubber - Nittaku Moristo Def 1.8 mm Red). I played a few games against
the penhold player who uses Dawei 388D-1 with a thin sponge and a tacky Chinese inverted and twidles. He always puts a lot of pressure on my backend as he rolls the ball until I lift it high enough for him to finish with the long pip. This time my backend was very competitive. The resume on a new rubber wood combination will be only after the tests against the strong spiny attacker.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next