OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2021, 07:40 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
I will compare Sanwei Fextra 7 and Yinhe 437 blades only because I tested them with the same rubbers at the same time. The blades look similar but play very differently. I described the exterior properties of both blades in viewtopic.php?p=391082 so would not repeat myself here.

I play FH Spinlord Degu 2.0 and BH Dr. Neubauer KO Pro 1.3 now so both blades has a couple of each rubber.

Yinhe 437 is less linear (slower in short game, extra kick with more power), significantly more spiny but also more demanding particularly for flat game. I could not land FH SP block with 437 (either net or overhit without possibility of soft short blocking). I thought it is my rubber or my technique, but it is actually the blade to blame. I need to say I had no FH blocking problems with Tibhar MX-S rubber and 437 before. 437 blade is better in pushing and chopping -- the blades generates the feel how the ball is charging with spin. It should be similar for topspin strokes but this part of the game is not my strength and that is why I play double pips racket.

Sanwei Fextra 7 is softer, more linear and feels very similar to the original Stiga Clipper Wood. IMO both Fextra and Clipper blades are not spin generators but spin killers. Both Fextra and classic Clipper and not great for spiny services but very good for service receive because both blades are spin insensitive.

Sanwei Fextra is surprisingly a dream in blocking. The height control and ability to block shortly is amazing. I do not remember any OFF blade that feels so nice in blocking. Any kind of blocks: passive short, chop blocks, punch blocks, sidespin blocks, fast drive counters and so on.

Fextra being softer comparing to 437 blade has better dwell time that makes my BH opening and FH smash better. I cannot explain how the blade can has more dwell but be relatively unspiny and spin insensitive at the same time. And I do not know how to explain but less spin but more dwell allows to land more smashes and drives successfully.

I tested before tournament warm-up and decided to play Sanwei over Yinhe in the tournament without any practice except a couple of unofficial sets. The primary reason -- Sanwei has straight handle and sanded cheeks that are good enough without any fixing but my 437 has sanded and overgrip taped flared handle I am not enjoy.

I am not sure about speed difference between Sanwei and Yinhe. Sanwei has without a doubt better control so it should be slower, but I am unsure. I only played a 11-count sets with both blades interchangeably and has no problems to immediately switch between them.

I did not like Spinlord Degu (nor Waran nor Wyvern) on the FH of my Stiga Clipper Wood but had forgotten the details. May be someday I will compare Sanwei Fextra 7 and Stiga Clipper Wood directly.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2021, 20:23 

Blade: Sanwei Fextra
FH: Xiom Vega Europe
BH: Yinhe Uranus Poly
In the referenced thread you mention that your 437 is 90g, but I haven't seen (maybe missed, sorry) the weight of your Fextra, is it similar?
Thanks for the interesting comparison anyway!!!

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2021, 20:42 
Super User

Tipiak wrote:
In the referenced thread you mention that your 437 is 90g, but I haven't seen (maybe missed, sorry) the weight of your Fextra, is it similar?
Thanks for the interesting comparison anyway!!!
My Fextra is occasionaly exactly 90g, but blades measured on different devices so exact and relative weights are not sure.
My current 437 feels much heavier because of Wilson overgrip tape.

Playing properties of blades significantly depend not only on wood resources but also on used wood glue. Unfortunately this information is not available most of time.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2023, 07:02 
Super User

I switched to Sanwei Fextra 7 as it is very close clone to the modern Stiga Clipper Wood of the same weight (because of price and availability in my country).

I discovered both blades are best for me with my rubber choice (PALIO AK47 Red and Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5) I know so far.