OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2022, 22:03 
Super User

Hi guys,

I had a practice last night with a brand new butterfly primorac off-, it had my usual forehand rubber of the fastarc g1 and on the backhand I had ox dtecs.

I absolutely loved how it felt looping, and I got so many more attacks on the table than I usually would with my joo se hyuk blade, it was a joy to attack with from everywhere. So consistent and lovely feeling.

It also chopped decent with the ox dtecs, but I have never used ox long pimples before, I just wanted to try it out. It was decent enough, chops were sometimes quite spinny but it did sometimes feel a little bit fast and I wasn't keen on using the dtecs over the table when I was drop shotted or my opponent pushed the back ball.

Bearing in mind I've always used LP with sponge for the last 18 years. Varying between 0.5 and 1.0mm.

My question would be how do you think the primorac would perform chopping with sponged long pimples? Such as a 1.0mm p1r or ilius S? I feel sponged long pimples suit my game more as I'm pretty much a pure chopper on my backhand.

Would really appreciate any thoughts/feedback/experience.

Thanks

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2022, 22:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Its that dreaded conundrum im afraid.
The blade is great on the f/h but compromises the backhand pips or anti.
I think if your main weapon is the b/h pips you have to get the best blade for that and try and at least get a rubber that works on the f/h.
Otherwise you just go around in circles(which we all do to some extent)
i used a primorac and found it too fast for my anti.dtecs need a slowish blade in my opinion as they are hard to control.
mebbies grab some cheap sponged used pips from e bay and give it a shot m8.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2022, 01:17 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
peterpong wrote:
Its that dreaded conundrum im afraid.
The blade is great on the f/h but compromises the backhand pips or anti.
I think if your main weapon is the b/h pips you have to get the best blade for that and try and at least get a rubber that works on the f/h.
Otherwise you just go around in circles(which we all do to some extent)
i used a primorac and found it too fast for my anti.dtecs need a slowish blade in my opinion as they are hard to control.
mebbies grab some cheap sponged used pips from e bay and give it a shot m8.

Very right ! Fh is great on Primorac off-,especially on the old version.However,I think you would need a slowish pip on the bh.Since reversal is nearly lost,since the spin variation is so poor why risk consistency with a fast pip,however much reversal you can get?

Once I am skilled enough with a defensive blade for chopping-at least 2/3 years of non stop training- I will give it a try with the old version of Primorac off- . I am thinking of Giant long in 0.5, Yinhe Qing in 0.5.I found p1r in 0.5 too fast on the Primorac off -,at least for my technique; that's why I am keeping P1v in 0.5 on my Naraq blade as I am getting decent consistency atm .

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2022, 01:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
I've been trying Primorac recently and your right it's great with ox lp (I used388d)especially chopping a little further back,so effortless compared to my def blades.My mate tells me the ball is 'moving about more when blocking and harder to play against,think it needs a max rubber on fhand.
James Hobson was using Feint 3 0.5 and Tenergy 80 on it a few years back,I asked him after watching him beat some top Leeds league players,he was top of the div 1 averages at the time.heres a recent video:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... IghaVycWbo

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2022, 05:27 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Dignics 09C Max
BH: DMS Sabotage .5 Black
I have been playing/chopping with a Nittaku Ludeack Power and 1.5 Degu2 and my training partner plays with a Nittaku Myobi single ply hinoki with 1.3 IliusB. I am fairly convinced that chopping with a fast blade is all about the braking ability of the rubber your chopping with. My partner chops really well with the IliusB and the Degu2 is easy to chop with also. Both have a hard 'ish slow sponge that is not bouncy at all. We've both used Feint Long 3 and that works ok too but we are liking the harder sponge atm. I also think that these rubbers work best if your swing is aggressive rather than letting the speed of the blade get the ball back. I was having a little trouble because I was trying to put less spin on my chops to let people loop more balls in practice. As soon as I didn't worry too much about my partner not being able to get more balls back my success went up considerably. The other advantage of these rubbers on faster blades is that your attacks on either side are much more effective.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2022, 21:30 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

dazzler wrote:
I've been trying Primorac recently and your right it's great with ox lp (I used388d)especially chopping a little further back,so effortless compared to my def blades.My mate tells me the ball is 'moving about more when blocking and harder to play against,think it needs a max rubber on fhand.
James Hobson was using Feint 3 0.5 and Tenergy 80 on it a few years back,I asked him after watching him beat some top Leeds league players,he was top of the div 1 averages at the time.heres a recent video:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... IghaVycWbo

Very true! The speed of Primorac makes the ball go much faster than a Def/def + blade.However,one needs to balance the blade we'll both the inverted and especially the pips and the thickness of the sponge.

Imo consistency is paramount with this new ball.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2022, 21:39 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

ThreeDMan wrote:
I have been playing/chopping with a Nittaku Ludeack Power and 1.5 Degu2 and my training partner plays with a Nittaku Myobi single ply hinoki with 1.3 IliusB. I am fairly convinced that chopping with a fast blade is all about the braking ability of the rubber your chopping with. My partner chops really well with the IliusB and the Degu2 is easy to chop with also. Both have a hard 'ish slow sponge that is not bouncy at all. We've both used Feint Long 3 and that works ok too but we are liking the harder sponge atm. I also think that these rubbers work best if your swing is aggressive rather than letting the speed of the blade get the ball back. I was having a little trouble because I was trying to put less spin on my chops to let people loop more balls in practice. As soon as I didn't worry too much about my partner not being able to get more balls back my success went up considerably. The other advantage of these rubbers on faster blades is that your attacks on either side are much more effective.

I owned a Ludeack back in 2019, not the power version.I used it with anti and the reversal from DMS Reflection was massive.It is a great blade for the FH as well.
I agree these fast blades are great and give a very good variation in spin but the problem is to get enough consistency in both wings.

I for one would not start using this kind of blades for chopping until I have mastered slower setups

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2022, 01:41 
Super User

What is the weight of this blade, on average ?

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2022, 03:04 
Super User

I'm wondering if there is a blade out there designed for a defender but would have a very similar feeling when attacking to the primorac... anyone know?