OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2022, 07:46 

Hello Everyone!

Your attention is invited to my blade.
When a player uses my blade and grip for forehand attacking strokes then advantage of Penhold Grip is used.
For backhand attacking strokes advantage of Shakehand Grip is used.

On my website I have provided an analysis of the dynamics of attacking strokes using Penhold and Shakehand Grips.
This analysis proves (which is confirmed in practice) that: Penhold Grip is better then Shakehand one for forehand attacking and Shakehand Grip is better than Penhold one for backhand attacks.
On my website you can see DETAILED analysis of grips: Penhold, RPG, Shakehand, Korean, Pistol, Similler, Hammer, "V" and mine.

There are drawings of my blade if you want to copy it.

Please, what is your opinion about my conclusions in the analysis, and if you find a mistake, then please let me know what I was wrong about.

And also please let me know - does the Popovich's Grip deserve to be on the list of Table Tennis Grips?

www.ttnewgrip.com

I wish you all good health and success in Table Tennis as in everything else.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2022, 19:48 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Wow, that's certainly a fascinating website with a HUGE amount of information!

You're clearly a very good and experienced player, but I can't work out if I agree with your conclusion on whether a blade grip is suitable or not. I've copied this from your website (hope that's ok?), so that perhaps it can be a good source of discussion without everyone having to read through your whole website. ;)

Quick Grip Vitality Assessment:

I have come up with a very simple rule for determining whether any testable grip can succeed.

Rule:
1 To check, take the racket in hand and orient the hand parallel to the net AND perpendicular to the floor.
2 If we orient the blade so that the backhand side of the racket is directed forward, then this means that we are checking the effectiveness of this grip for playing on the backhand. If the forehand side is forward, then check for punches from the forehand.
3 After orienting the hand, we look at how the blade is located.
4 If the blade is also parallel to the net AND perpendicular to the floor, then this means that the tested the grip is excellent for attacking backhand/forehand play.
5 If the paddle is NOT parallel to the net OR NOT perpendicular to the floor, then the grip being tested must have problems for an attacking backhand/forehand play.
6 If the paddle is NOT parallel to the net AND NOT perpendicular to the floor, then the grip being tested is NOT suitable for playing backhand/forehand table tennis.

I can't quite see how you come to the conclusion whether a grip is effective or not, and this test seems to be the basis of the whole website (if I interpret this correctly).

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2022, 04:05 

To haggisv!
Thank you for your comment.

First of all, let me ask you a question as you are a Moderator:
Why do posts dated 2021, 2019, 2017 and even 2014 belong above mine which I posted in 2022?

[i][u]I can't quite see how you come to the conclusion whether a grip is effective or not,
and this test seems to be the basis of the whole website (if I interpret this correctly).[/u][/i]

No, my rule is not the basis of my whole website.

My site is:
1 analysis of existing grips,
2 three fundamental features of existing grips. (Which I deduced as a result of the analysis of existing grips),
3 conclusions from "three fundamental features of existing grips",
4 rule (which I derived from #1, #2, and #3, and which you propose to discuss).

I agree to discuss #4, but when discussing #4, I will refer to the first three.
However, if during discussion #4 it turns out that you disagree with something in the first three, then our discussion on #4
will become very confusing.

To avoid this confusion, please answer my question.
Are you agree with what I have stated in my website in:
1 analysis of existing grips,
2 three fundamental features of existing grips,
3 conclusions from the "three fundamental features of existing grips"?

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2022, 21:48 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

vpp wrote:
First of all, let me ask you a question as you are a Moderator:
Why do posts dated 2021, 2019, 2017 and even 2014 belong above mine which I posted in 2022?

To answer your question, almost all forums work this way. The top post is the one that received the most recent response.
This helps people to view the most active topics.

This response should put you back at the top, so hopefully we'll get a few more people interested. I've not had the time to read through your analysis more carefully... your site is not easy to navigate.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2022, 08:13 

What happens to the racquet when doing forehand fast drives and topspins using Penhold Grips

What is the most conservative thing in Table Tennis we can change. For example, we cannot change the size of the table, net and rules.
I think the most conservative thing we can change is grip.

Many of us have been playing with the Shakehand Grip for years, decades and even our whole lives and have never even tried the Penhold Grip.

I really want to get these players interested in one off-table check with the Penhold Grip, so that they (may be) will then have a strong desire to test the Penhold Grip at the table.

The ultimate goal is to check it out for yourself (at the table) - does Penhold Grip really provide better control than Shakehand Grip in forehand fast drives and topspins?

For a better understanding what happens to the racquet when doing forehand fast drives and topspins using Penhold Grips at the table, it is useful to do off-table test.

To avoid confusion in terms, I use:
Racket is paddle with rubbers/rubber on it.
Paddle is the entire wooden part of the racket.
Paddle consists of blade and handle.

In order to better see what is happening with the racket, it is advisable to see the racket in the mirror.

Off-table test:
1 Take the racket with your fingers at the very tip of the handle so that the racket hangs down almost vertically.
2 Hold the racket in front of you without squeezing your fingers very tightly. The weaker the better, but don’t drop your racket.
3 Relax your wrist as much as possible so that the hand with the racket can hang out at the bottom.
4 Not quickly (so that the racket does not fall to the floor) move your hand with the racket to the left if you are right-hander.
5 While doing this, pay attention to the fact that when you move your hand, the handle moves ahead of the blade.
6 Try to lead your hand faster, paying attention to the fact that the main thing is that the racket does not slip out of your fingers.
7 Note that the faster you move your hand, the more the handle is in front of the blade.
8 Now take the racket with Penhold Grip and do it all over again. Make sure that everything happens with the racket exactly as if you were holding the tip of the handle.

Facts (from our gaming experience):
1 The faster we hit, the farther the ball flies.
2 The faster we hit, the more we have to cover (let's call it necessary covering) the racket so that the ball does not fly off the table.

Facts from this test (with a sufficiently relaxed hand):
3 When the hand moves, the blade lags behind the handle (inertial lag)
4 The faster the hand moves, the more the blade lags behind the handle.

Conclusion from point 3 = when the hand moves, the racket closes (inertial closing), that is, the angle of attack of the racket decreases.
Conclusion from point 4 = the faster the hand moves, the more the racket closes and the smaller the angle of attack of the racket.

We know very well from our experience that the faster we hit, the more we need to close the racket.

Now let's try to put these 4 facts in one pile using only one assumption - (the inertial lag of the blade from the handle) is equal to (the necessary closing so that the ball does not fly further than before the increase in impact speed).

Conclusion: the faster we accelerate the hand, the racket “ITSELF” (inertially) accordingly reduces the angle of attack and the ball does not fly further than it flew before increasing speed.

If the assumption is fulfilled - (inertial lag) is equal to (necessary closing), then we can very significantly, relax the hand compared to the Shakehand Grip. By very relaxing the hand, we delegate the choice of the desired angle of attack to INERTIA.

In my experience, if the racquet is heavy enough, then there is a good chance that the assumption - (inertial lag) equals (necessary closing) will be met. I really get feeling that the racket plays “by itself”.

I call this ability of the racket itself to set the desired angle of attack when playing with the Penhold Grip - the Penhold Compensatory Effect.

If you have not found a single error in my theory, then I hope that you will check it at your next training at table, even if the tournament is coming soon. 5 - 10 minutes of forehand play with the Penhold Grip will not enough time to ruin your Shakehand Grip technique.

An important point - when playing forehand fast drives and topspins with the Penhold Grip, you need to hold your racket higher by 6 - 8 inches (15 - 20 centimeters) than with the Shakehand Grip, since the Penhold Grip has a lower center of gravity than the Shakehand Grip.
If you don't keep your racket higher, you will often hit the ball off the table.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2022, 12:31 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
it might be easier if your website had a summary (and a picture of your proposed grip) at the top. It took ages to find out what grip you were actually proposing.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2022, 13:19 

Thank you very much.
I had a detailed analysis of different grips in the first place, and only then my grip.
In the “Table of contents” there is a section “Popovich’s racket and grips”.
And now I see that this section didn't work out well.
I will think it over and most likely take into account your suggestions.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2022, 01:52 

I was given to know that my site is not easy to navigate.
After that, I tried to look at my site as if from the outside and agree that my site is not easy to navigate.

I was also advised to put the information about my grip at the beginning of the site.
I found that info about my grip is scattered all over the place.

I have already redesigned my site taking into account the above comments and removed a lot of unnecessary things that were not directly related to grips.
Now my site turned out to be more than 3 times shorter.

Please visit my site again. www.ttnewgrip.com
I will be glad to get more advices from you.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2023, 07:09 

Is it just me or can't open the website.
Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2023, 14:23 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

It's working fine for me at the moment.