OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 19:12

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2024, 17:59 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
There is a definite trend to manufacturers such as Andro, Butterfly and Victas introducing lighter thinner more elastic offensive "soft carbon" blades, with Limba outer plies to improve spin and control with the ABS ball in return for sacrificing speed.

The question I have is are these blades good for an attacking style with OX LP where spin reversal on blocks is not a key requirement, but ability to hit spinny loops/chops on the FH is, especially as traditional hard stiff blades have been the usual recommendation for OX LP. I have read positive forum posts on blades such as the Innerforce layer ZLF working well with OX LP and have my eye on the good value Victas ZX Gear Fibre

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2024, 22:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tibhar Force Pro SE
FH: Razka XX max, black
BH: LP OX, Monkey/SavigaV
I have used the Victas gear fiber inner blade extensively with LP in OX and with 0.5 mm sponge. The blade works well for my BH play. However I do not like it for my forehand inverted play. The touch seems very muted and frankly plays slower than a number of my 7 ply wood blades. So I like the BH long pip play, but not my inverted play! (Some, but not all of my 7 ply wood blades however play to fast with my LP in OX! And while I have one combo 729 blade (Hao Shao) with inner carbon on one side I don't like it with inverted on that side. Maybe I should try my LP on the carbon side and inverted on the wood side :( )

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2024, 01:11 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Thanks Vanjr I might well take the plunge as I use 1.9mm on the FH which should feel a bit crisper than your max

Does the ZX Gear fibre with OX feel well balanced or ideally slightly head light? also with OX do you get a bit of dwell to help with side swipes, rolls etc. or does the ball ping off fast. I assume the sweet spot is quite large.

WE can do all the research but like cooking you have to taste it see see if it is any good!!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!