OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: DHS Memo 3
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 10:06 

This rubber for some reason eludes me. I know it just came out but i could not even find one review other than a small note about it. I mostly want to know its looping and chopping

BH-Cream MRS

Post subject: Re: DHS Memo 3
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 11:49 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yes I'd like to hear more about it as well, and also the other Memo rubbers.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 14:00 

Never hear of it. I guess I never got the memo :D

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 14:42 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
thaidog wrote:
Never hear of it. I guess I never got the memo :D

ROFL! Very clever! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 15:36 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

-never heard of it, but noticed it on ttnpp.com...

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 15:58 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

I did a search.......

http://blog.ttrubberman.com/

Quote:
Review: DHS Memo 2
April 2nd, 2010
It’s really long time for not writing a review on rubbers and blade. Recently, DHS release the Memo series and I’m really impressed with the Memo 2.

Before I tried the Memo 2, I do not expect too much about this rubber because the price of this rubber is much cheaper than DHS best selling Neo Hurricane 3. Therefore, I thought this rubber is not designed for the use of professional players. When I read comments on this rubber in China, I found that many peoples gave it a very high score, many people said the rubber is so elastic, the ball is really fast. This is my first time to heard that DHS rubber is “elastic” and “fast”. This is not factory tuned! It means that the rubber is elastic because it use a new sponge: #18 DHS sponge.

After reading these comments, I’m really interested to get one and try. Here is the testing equipment:

Blade: Yasaka YEO Penhold
Forehand: DHS Memo 2, black 39degree 2.15mm.
Backhand: Butterfly Sriver G3.
Glue: DHS water-based glue, no VOC.

The rubber is not tacky, it’s soft and high in grip. When I press the sponge, I can feel that the sponge is really elastic, it feel likes japanese sponge! but the cutting circular pattern found on the sponge are the same as the sponge in Neo. When I start test it, I found that the ball is going fast, it works like japan rubber! Although this rubber is label as 39degree, this is really different from Neo sponge with the same degree. As the sponge is soft, this rubber is too great for fast looping. I can feel the ball going in, brounce by the hard skin wood of the YEO, going out quickly by the elastic of the sponge. Although this is not a tacky rubber, the spin is really great in the fast looping. Because of it’s high spin, the ball go fast and low and it is bounced on the table. If I compare it with the Neo H3, Neo H3 can do better, the opponent is more difficult to deal with. However, Memo 2 can makes the looping easier to do, it does not need a warm up period too! You can play in competition when it is brand new, just like japanese rubber. For the Neo H3, you need several practice day to warm up the rubber.

How about high looping? I can say it’s okay but not as easy to do as hard tacky chinese rubber. For blocking, it’s great in the bounce back speed, it’s not easy to get the ball high as the topsheet is not tacky, this rubber is good for blocking and pushing.

Can it be used at backhand? Yes, I think it can use at backhand, but I heard that the DHS is going to release a “designed for backhand” rubber: dipper 3, maybe this rubber is even better for backhand purpose.

As a conclude, I think that this rubber is the “true” non-voc dependent rubber for the post glue ban age, no factory tuning is need, designed for fast looping, a big step in DHS rubber design. It’s really cheap too! I wish they will release provincial or even national version soon. This rubber is ideal for forehand use, especially you want a fast spiny looping rubber, with a much cheaper price but similar to japanese rubber style.

Posted in Test of the week, forsale, Rubber, General | No Comments »

Testing: DHS Memo 2 and Memo 3
March 23rd, 2010
Hi friend, it’s really long long time not testing any equipment, everyone has their up and down moment, there is no excuse for me. There is no any rubbers and blades that can raise my interest in the past few months.

This month, new DHS rubbers are released: DHS Memo 1, 2 and 3. I’ve got the Memo 2 in stock, I will get the Memo 1 and Memo 3 in coming few days. Yesterday, I have tried the Memo 3, I’m quite impressed with it’s performance and I wonder about it’s price.

When I know the release of Memo and the prices, I thought these rubbers are designed for entry level, it only cost half the price of a Neo Hurricane 3 and it has not tuning, what should I expect? I got some Memo 2 in stock in the last week, the rubber is really good selling, but I have no time to have a try. Yesterday, my training partner got a memo 3 ready to try, I got it and play for several minutes, my feeling is: the rubber is not tacky but the spin is wonderfully good and the sponge is so elastic! This #18 sponge is a new sponge developed by DHS, it’s so elastic and no tuning is needed. The elasticity makes me feel it works like japanese sponge and the topsheet works japanese rubber!

I just try it for several minutes and then stop because I want to have a deeper testing of this rubber on my blade so that I can have a more accurate review.

I will post the review on or before the 1st of April because I will have a short trip to Taipei soon.

Last but not least, I must say thank you to all that supporting me and do frequently check my update of this blog, I was too lazy before!

Cheers

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!