OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2013, 20:41 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

foam wrote:

Really flat but I still get heaps of spin, unsure why but that's just how it is

You have good fine contact and generate impressive bat speed. As a result you get a lot of spin and pretty decent penetration.

Nice drawings btw foam...however...maybe don't give up your job as a Portland ping pong pro. :)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2014, 04:29 

What is the durability of m3?
Are users still happy with it?

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2014, 04:36 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
Just tried m3 max black on Defplay(sorry can`t comment about durability)alongside 05 fx 1.9 black on my other Defplay and my findings are:
spin on serve is considerably higher for 05fx.
serve return push is easier with 05fx,simply guide the spin back with little effort,with the m3 the return is higher with less spin and more attackable.
opening loop off underspin is easier with m3 the higher throw helps here.
smash/kill shot, the m3 excels here and clears the net better than 05fx with less reaction to any spins
mid distance and far away the m3 has more pop and this is were it shines and if your reaching/stretching for the ball you can still make a decent paced return and keep the pressure on
For a first session I really liked the m3 apart from serve return pushing and with more practise it might work for me bearing in mind I use the pips mostly for serve return.note:the 05 fx is intensively spinmax treated but is a year old and I can see has lost some pop next to the lively m3 , I realise the sponge thicknesses will also have some bearing on the tests and that my muscle memory is geared towards 05 fx and it`s ability to `borrow` spin which I didn`t see with the m3 however I feel it showed enough to merit more time as I search for a Tenergy replacment

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014, 04:48 

Maybe xiom vega pro would be t05 replacement?
I am doubtfull about their durability and had read that vega pro tuned effect disapears after a month.
But some users are very happy with after 4 months or so.
I am looking for rubber which has good backspin looping capabilities and also is good in blocks.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!