OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2013, 00:21 

No long boring intros, here are them pics. The thing is i wont get a chance to review it until this sat i believe. im currently studying A levels and it's pretty academic. i did get to do some spin tests and it doesnt seem like much of a step up from IV speedwise, but having said that the last time i touched IV was a year ago. spin is distinctively high, higher than previous omegas and vegas, havent tried sigmas. i glued it on bh, my fh is glued up skyline 3. have a guess what the blade is. see you on sat

Attachments:
omega v 2.jpg
omega v 2.jpg [ 100.3 KiB | Viewed 10869 times ]
omega V.jpg
omega V.jpg [ 46.62 KiB | Viewed 10869 times ]

Yasaka MEO, FH Neo skyline TG2, RPB Nittaku Hammond Pro Beta

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2013, 10:16 
Paddy's Paddler
Paddy's Paddler

yeah its not actually that fast. but its has good power once you dig into it, while the control stays where its meant to be.. it kinda feels like omega asia. but bit firmer

Main: / secondary / LP
Blade: DHS Hurricane hao/ Blade- Hurricane Hao 2

FH: Skyline 3(Blue Sponge)/ FH- Nittaku H3 pro
BH: Omega Asia/ BH- Calibra Tour H

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2013, 11:18 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

I am currently using the Tour version. From the marketing blurb, I was quite apprehensive that it might be too hard to use for me. Anyway, my curiousity gets the better of me and I got one to try out. From the first hit, it just put a big smile on my face. I find the Tour gives very good control and yet, have many gears. If I were to do my fast drive loop, it would be so spinny and fast and still land on the other side of the table. I had a couple of very good loopers tried it out and immediately, they got themselves a Tour as well. Similarly, they commented that the feel and control is so good that they cannot miss. Personally, I have never played a rubber that feels so good. I was an instant convert. The only thing I will comment is that even when brand new, the topsheet of the rubber just look second hand. It looks dull like an old sheet of Bluefire M1. But it plays well.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2013, 19:22 
Super User

I have both the Tour and V in max thickness. I must say that I like the Omega V a lot better it feels more crisp and stable, similar to IV Asia. The Omega Tour felt mushier and slower. I still prefer the Omega IV Asia but I like it better than Sigma Pro.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2013, 11:15 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

sunflex wrote:
I have both the Tour and V in max thickness. I must say that I like the Omega V a lot better it feels more crisp and stable, similar to IV Asia. The Omega Tour felt mushier and slower. I still prefer the Omega IV Asia but I like it better than Sigma Pro.

The Omega V comes in Tour and Pro version as far as I know. And I understand the Tour version to be harder than the Pro version. I certainly don't find the Tour version mushy. Your comment is quite confusing to me. Maybe there is another Tour version that you are referring to.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2013, 18:22 
Super User

fattchoi wrote:
sunflex wrote:

The Omega V comes in Tour and Pro version as far as I know. And I understand the Tour version to be harder than the Pro version. I certainly don't find the Tour version mushy. Your comment is quite confusing to me. Maybe there is another Tour version that you are referring to.

Oops sorry for the confusion. I meant that I like the V Pro better than the V Tour. I have a black sheet of the V Tour and a red sheet of the V Pro. Maybe that's why the tour felt softer. I could also be that the glue I used did not completely dry.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2013, 18:47 

Yes, the omega V comes in tour and pro, pro is softer.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2013, 10:44 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

sunflex wrote:
fattchoi wrote:
sunflex wrote:

Oops sorry for the confusion. I meant that I like the V Pro better than the V Tour. I have a black sheet of the V Tour and a red sheet of the V Pro. Maybe that's why the tour felt softer. I could also be that the glue I used did not completely dry.

Yes, I do notice that if one put the rubber and blade together without waiting for the glue to dry completely, regardless of what rubber, it can have that mushy feel. In fact, it can even leave indentation when pressed with the finger. Maybe that is why you thought the Tour is soft/mushy but I can assure you that the Tour is quite firm but the soft topsheet does give it that nice feel/control. It is very much like the Bluefire M2 but with much better feel/control.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2013, 14:27 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
thedefender5 wrote:
have a guess what the blade is.

Blade looks like it may be a DHS PG3? Or perhaps another in that series?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2013, 08:46 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tibhar Force Pro SE
FH: Razka XX max, black
BH: LP OX, Monkey/SavigaV
the ej in me says i should have tried this series by now

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2013, 22:44 

So i glued my Xiom omega V pro on a DHS PG8 with speed glues skyline 3 black on the other side. First impressions with it was that it's extremely grippy, the hyper elasto technology is a very unique technological feature, distinctive from other sorts of rubbers sensationally. the black sponge is same as previous omegas and vegas, this version is as hard as asian omega 4. Despite the potential to grip of the rubber topsheet, it is peculiarly stiffer than previous omegas and vegas, this is something that confuses my touch slightly. But the stiffness can only contribute to perpetuated durability.

Touch: consistent, plain and simple. The sweetspot of the blade seemed to be expanded by the rubber, which technological feature? i simply cant identify.

Speed: A standout, in the midst of all standards be it tensors, speed glued offensive rubbers, or short pips.

Spin: Insensitive to slow spinny passive shots. The capacity to beget spin elevates the my previous limits concerning mechanical rubbers.

Control: Passive shots are returned with sufficient control, be it pushes or blocks. Active shots are possibly even easier, loops are great, hitting is effortless. Control can be credited to the consistency, there is absolutely no dissimilarity.

Durability: very noticeable, previous xiom rubbers have had problems with the topsheet's tolerance with uncalculated scrapes onto the table edges in the attempt to perform opening loops, we've all been there. Omega V surprised me when my dad scrapes it onto the table edge trying to do a backhand loop and there isnt even a scratch forming on it. But by all means do not take these words as an invitation to rub the rubber onto the table edges with examining curiosity.

A rubber constructed with such quality, is worthy of purchasing I can assure you. But only for the ones that are suited for the style. I do not recommend chops and all out smashing.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2013, 22:58 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
Great review. Only one question. What is so 'standout' about the speed?

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2013, 23:13 

dunc wrote:
Great review. Only one question. What is so 'standout' about the speed?

Sorry for the ambiguity, in this context I'm stating the superiority of it's speed (or rather it's capacity to generate speed) as supposed to any other rubbers. It is very noticeably fast for any standards.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2015, 09:12 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
Guy in my old club was selling an Omega V tour and Omega V pro and was getting them for a mate at my current club for a Xiom Amadeus that I sold him. After reading some reviews got the impression that the Omega V tour would be too much for him. Recommended a MX-P and for the moment he loves it.

So after getting stuck with 2 V sheets and a new Tour that I had planned on returning curiosity got the better of me and I slapped the second-hand V sheets onto an IF ZLC and a new red V Tour onto a Xiom Vega Pro blade.

Must say that the Tour was a revelation.

Initially the new V Tour reminded me of the grippy Evolution MX-S (but not the same level of grip) but when you started to go for the shots it worked really well.

Even the second-hand V Tour on the IF ZLC worked just as well.

So well in fact that I'm thinking of taking off the Tenzone Ultra of the main setup at the moment which kind of lacked the spark of the original Tenzone.

The V Pro worked fine on the backhand but possibly a little hard which could be a problem if you had to chop in a competitive match. Reckon that the Ultra SF is a better BH choice which is around the same hardness.

From the 2 practice sessions that I've had on 2 blades both with Limba outer pile in the OFF to OFF + category the V Tour arcs well on committed strokes. It does not seem to be too affected by spin. Initially I thought the V Pro would be better on the FH but when I mistakenly used it I immediately missed the better sensation of the Tour version.

So when I asked my local supplier what would he recommend that I try out - he said the Omega V Tour. Well so far he wasn't wrong !!

The Omega V Tour is nothing like a Tenergy 25 that I had previously posted.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2015, 04:12 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I've been using the Omega V Asia for a few months and love it, it gives me the speed and slim I need for the new poly ball, and for a rubber that's got a fairly hard sponge I like the control.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5