OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 20 May 2023, 03:42 

Blade: Tibhar Stratus Power Wood
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1 max
BH: Nittaku Fastarc C-1 2.0
I have only played G-1, but as far as i have learned from my online research, G-1 has a pretty thick and hard top sheet. The ESN scale only measures the hardness of the sponge, therefore two identical sponges can feel very different because of their different topsheets.

G-1 is a great rubber. I feel very confident when using it. Short game is good, its not as bouncy as C-1 where you really need to be careful. I recommend getting MAX thickness, altho i doubt it will bottom out at 2.0.

PingPongPeter wrote:
Hi all and thanks to BrummyRob for your review!

I’m currently considering going the other way round from Fastarc G1 to Tenergy 05 (using Butterfly Harimoto ALC blade). So far I am actually very happy with the G1. It gives me a lot of control and I really like the sponge hardness coming from Fastarc C1 and Nittaku Factive which I tried in the past and simply found too mushy. However, the reason why I am now considering to try T05 is that I want to get a bit more power into my shots and therefore looking for a rubber with more catapult effect which T05 seems to provide based on Brummy’s review and also this comparison article between Tenergy 05 vs Fastarc G1 on Spintesters. However, looking at both reviews, I am now worried that the sponge of T05 might be a bit too soft for me. According to the Spintesters article, the difference on ESN scale seems to be just 0.5 but it seems to be enough to be noticeable. The hardness of the G1 rubber is actually as low as I would want to go in terms of sponge softness. Would Tenergy 05 Hard be an option then? Is there any downside of T05 Hard compared to the regular version?

I’ve also asked couple fellow players in my TT club and some claimed that the regular T05 sponge is actually harder than G1. Is this true? I am very confused. Can someone help me? Thanks :-)