OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 15 May 2024, 08:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2006, 08:30 
Dreamshaker

Hey Alex. I heard you may be trying out blue sponged versions of H2 and H3.

Can you let us know how they go compared to 999 national blue sponge rubber?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2006, 19:37 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Hey Leeroy!

Yes we should be gettting the blue sponged version late Jan or early Feb 07. I will no doubt want to try at least one of them and will compare to Globe 999 National which is still my favourite rubber ATM. Not sure if I'll try H2 or H3, I suspect H3 will be more similar, H2 might be too fast for me :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2006, 20:48 
Dreamshaker

:lol: yeah H2 is quite fast. People on forums say chinese rubbers are slow but there is certainly catapulting speed in the hurricane rubbers.

I think the Hurricanes are very good rubbers.

I find the DHS orange sponges are fast enough. If these blue sponges are faster I don't think I'll like them :D.

But the blue sponge will look cool :P :D .

Do you know anything about these blue sponges compared to the orange DHS sponges on H2 and H3 Alex?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2006, 20:54 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I think the blue sponge glues up better. I would glue them up a few times which should soften them up a little permanently, then decide if you want to keep gluing them or player with them unglued. Even after the glue ban this should be a legal way of doing it, as long as you wait long enough for any glue effect to disappear and no vapours still present...

The gluing to soften them up a little really seems to work, it makes most rubber more responsive. This seems to work particularly well using the glass plate technique.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2007, 18:30 
Dreamshaker

Hey Alex, what's the deal with this glass glueing technique.

I think that'll be a good idea.

Could you explain in short to me what you do with that?

Glueing up geotacky and supersoft fx el seemed to really help them rubbers. Remember I hated them :D.

Same with the Venus and Mercury rubber.

I liked them straight out of pack better than the geotacky and supersoft fx el but now the Venus and Mercury after being glued a few times have become very nice.

My 2 year old 40H and 40S are wonders being glued heaps of times. They play so well unglued now.

I really look foward to you guys getting in the blue sponged H2 and H3. I will most likely try them both if I can worm my wife into it :D. I just got Joola Tango of Silvalis and that really pushed her over the top :lol: . I think I spent more than my quota for the year on table tennis :D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2007, 18:53 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Leeroy,

The Glass gluing seems to just work a lot better and uses less glue. JC's done a video of it for which I'll post shortly. Speed gluing definitely has some permanent effect as well as short term effect.

Yes the Venus Glued up real well, and because the topsheet is soft and stick it probably needs to to give it some pace.

You spent your quota for the year on Jan 2nd :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2007, 20:24 
Dreamshaker

:lol: Yeah probably for the rest of my life :lol: .

My wife aint too happy with me with my table tennis purchases :D.

She's told her side of the family about my table tennis passions and THEY are even stuck into me about it :D.

ARGHH!!! :D

Well, wanna try this Saviga rubber, can't get my heart of Cream mrs and Higher rubbers. The DHS H-WL and W-LG are like haunting me and i have this strong desire to get into speed glueing it's making me insane :D.

I got Joola Tango and first impressions with it are not so good as usual :D.

I am learning to be more patient with rubbers :D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2007, 22:10 

Tonight will be my first night playing with unglued Saviga! I will post a review on this forum ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2007, 05:53 
Dreamshaker

Sweet! Look foward to it dwie..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2007, 18:54 
Dreamshaker

Just on the subject on h2 and H3 blue sponged rubbers.

If these blue sponges on H2 and H3 are faster than those orange DHS sponges, they will be pretty darn fast.

I had another hit with my old 729 40H and 40S with Jap and also with the esn sponges.

They are much more controlled, stable and slower than those DHS sponges.

The DHS sponges are very bouncy and have a strong catapulting effect.

The german esn is springy but more stable without that catapulting bounce to it like DHS. The Jap isn't as springy as esn but is the most stable and controlled.

I tried the Hurricanes on my 9010 carbon and they were way too fast. The H3 just flew way high and the H2 just way long. Very hard to spin it and keep on table.

The 40H and 40S Jap sponges on carbon is much easier to control and spin with.

I put the Hurricanes on wood blades. H2 on slow Galaxy U4 blade and H3 on Instinct 5 ply (allround/offensive) wood blade.

Much much better. I can atleast spin them easier without going long or high. But still it is just as easy to spin it with similar rubbers in 729 40H and 40S on the carbon.

It was a little harder to spin it with 40H and 40S german sponges on carbon but easier than those catapulting Hurricanes.

I got the esn on a butterfly Yuki premade wood blade which goes allright indeed. Bit heavy though. Prob go good on another Instinct 5 ply :D. Very light blade...

Anyway if these blue sponges on the hurricanes are faster, would be very hard to control i'd think (unless you speed glued them heaps).

Will be interesting....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2007, 19:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Well we asked for softer ones, so hopefully that will really help!

If you've got some speed glue, try and glue them once using the glass plate method, will soften them up a little permanently as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2007, 20:39 
Dreamshaker

Softness should help.

My H2 and H3 been glued up a few times allready using the rubber cement/zippo lighter fluid combo (all out now though) :D. Expanded them. Could prob do with some proper speed glueing and that method sounds good.

Should help more.