OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 00:42 

Hello . I am Zein . I am new to this forum. I have a Xiom Extreme S blade paired with DHS Skyline TG3 Neo and 729 aurora... what do u guys think of this combination... i like to loop the ball on the forehand and backhand...

P.S. Xiom Extreme S is an allwood 7 layer limba blade.. Please Let me Know
Thanks

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 01:20 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
zein wrote:
Hello . I am Zein . I am new to this forum. I have a Xiom Extreme S blade paired with DHS Skyline TG3 Neo and 729 aurora... what do u guys think of this combination... i like to loop the ball on the forehand and backhand...

P.S. Xiom Extreme S is an allwood & layer limba blade.. Please Let me Know
Thanks

Welcome to the forum Zein.

If you like to loop FH & BH the Extreme S sounds like it's a stiff blade particularly when it's paired with TG3 Neo. I haven't used the Extreme S but I've used the Offensive S and the Solo. Offensive S was heavy at around 92-93 grams and the Solo was an easy to use 7 ply. I did use a TG2 Neo on the FH and quite liked it. It's similar to a H3 Neo. From my limited knowledge of Chinese tacky and suitable blade combinations my understanding was that a Koto outer pile was preferable but not necessary. If you can provide more information on your skill level it will help others in giving some input.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 01:48 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
I agree that in general tacky chinese rubbers like skyline TG3 work well with hard and stiff blades. That said at times they may work good on some some blades.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 01:50 

Well i have been playing for around 2 years and i can rate myself at best an intermediate player .
The Problem i have had with this setup is that with TG3 neo on forehand i tend to hit most balls in the net and everything feels slow(dead) and once the tack wears off a little everything goes off the table.... i am really bothered

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 02:23 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
I'm using chinese rubbers for more than 5 years and to play these hard and sticky rubber you have to have the chinese trow for the powerloop forehand . The swing of the bat goes from down behind to up in front with a good torso rotation. The arm is usually fully open.You usually bent your knees more to really start your swing low It is more a very fast brushing of the ball. The bat is quite close and the sticky rubber create the rotation.There is more friction between the bat and the ball then the european drive where the the arm is bent, the shot is coming more from the back to the front swing (less upward) with a more open bat and a more direct contact of the ball. The knees are usually less bent. The europeen technique is used more with grippy rubbers.

You will also observe that these chinese rubber are not usally used for the back hand. They are using more the tenergy Rubbers who are grippy rubbers.

So if you hit a chinese rubber with the europeen style you will probably continually fighting to have more speed, you feel a dead sensation as the hard rubber doesn't give you any catapult effect and the sticky topsheet having a more direct hit with the blade, you will often send your ball in the net.

So decide of your style and then the kind of rubber. ( Chinese = sticky and europeen = grippy)

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 02:35 

Thanks. i will try to loop the way u have just described. actually i got the whole setup as a gift... so its already in place.. earlier i used to play with Xiom ignito with Xiom Vega Europe FH and Joola Rhyzm 42.5 BH. Also i have used Xiom Stradivarius with Stiga PowerLT FH and Xiom Vega Asia BH.

Whenever the loop lands on the table with TG3 Neo it is too good... but such an instance is very rar :D

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 02:51 
Super User

An intermediate level Chinese player in our club up to very recently played with a Stiga Clipper using H3 neo on both sides. Played very well with it but followed through with the FH. Don't remember her looping with the BH. Reckon that you might be better off parking the Extreme S.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 03:27 

On the backhand i have 729 aurora. its a supposed tensor..... and looping with it isn't difficult as it is quite soft... the main problem is FH (Skyline Neo TG3)... maybe have to tweak my technique a little bit

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 04:18 
Super User

For chinese powerloop fh just type on youtube : Zhang jike loop, ( slowmotion of loops against a defender.)

P.s. Take note that the whole stroke is amplified more upward to counter the underspin of the defender. In usual the stoke will go a little bit more forward. Practice will make you find the right tuning.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2015, 08:55 
Super User

If you're putting a lot of balls in the net an easier to use blade will allow you to develop your technique.
Zhang Jike uses a Viscaria. If you want something a little lighter a TB ALC or something equivalent to it might be a better choice as a looper's blade. Recent thread by Haggisv of cheaper options.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 01:24 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

zein wrote:
On the backhand i have 729 aurora. its a supposed tensor..... and looping with it isn't difficult as it is quite soft... the main problem is FH (Skyline Neo TG3)... maybe have to tweak my technique a little bit

What happens when you flip the racket around? Can you then loop fine on your forehand with the Aurora? If so, then answer is simple - get rid of the TG3 and get another sheet of Aurora! :lol:

Anyhow... you HAVE found Eacheng, right? E.g.:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/729-Auro ... .84.UXaEYG

(TG3, like all Hurricanes, is supposedly very very slow - "only usable for chopping" - unless you give it your all, which is when it becomes fast. But you have to develop Zhang Jike - type power loops to be able to use it properly. Or so some people say. And Aurora is no tensor: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3906 )

Iskandar

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 05:58 

Thanks for the suggestion... i can loop quite well with the aurora... but today i tried again with the tg3 and i dont know it was managable... maybe i will give it a real go and see if i can get something out of it.... i think its to early to let tg3 go.. i have such sentiments for the tg3 because when i am able to loop with it the effect is quite good :D

And regarding the 729 Aurora... i said supposedly... even i dont believe it to be a tensor.. but tabletennisdb says it is a tensor :D

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 11:11 
Super User

Sorry, but the chinese PRO has been using H3 or TG3 for many years. Because of the very hard sponge and a very sticky top sheet , it has a lot of gears. You can use for short push dead ball, very big short underspin, flat hit, very heavy chop, spinny flip, very heavy loop drive, etc. Saying that this sponge is slow is not knowing how to play with it.

I can imagine that hitting this rubber with a europeen style will just make drive feel like hitting with a dead wood !

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 14:20 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
Hmm,

You need

Medium speed to enable brush looping,
Flexible and Soft to match hard sponge,
Blade

For any skyline. :)

My recs,

Yasaka Extra
Galaxy 896
Donic Waldner Senso V1

But,

Try Iskandars first. :)

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2015, 17:44 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

maddrag wrote:
Sorry, but the chinese PRO has been using H3 or TG3 for many years. Because of the very hard sponge and a very sticky top sheet , it has a lot of gears. You can use for short push dead ball, very big short underspin, flat hit, very heavy chop, spinny flip, very heavy loop drive, etc. Saying that this sponge is slow is not knowing how to play with it.

I can imagine that hitting this rubber with a europeen style will just make drive feel like hitting with a dead wood !

That's what people say - it's very slow unless you put a lot of power into the shot, and then it becomes fast. But a lot of people aren't capable of putting that much power into it, and if you can't, or play with the wrong strokes, some different rubber would be better.

zein wrote:
And regarding the 729 Aurora... i said supposedly... even i dont believe it to be a tensor.. but tabletennisdb says it is a tensor :D

Ummm.. take EVERYTHING you read on tabletennisdb with a big, heaping tablespoon of salt.. :lol: If it's not made in Germany by ESN it's not a Tensor.

Iskandar