OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Butterfly Dignics 05
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2019, 12:10 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Or it feels like it does. :lol: The second review actually makes me think it's got "less throw" than Tenergy.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2019, 03:42 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
Review by TTD:

PostPosted: 18 May 2019, 06:14 
Super User

Is suitable fue modern defense??

PostPosted: 19 May 2019, 15:33 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
scdit46 wrote:

Can you think of a reason why it wouldn't be? Think about what you're asking.... what *is* modern defence? It's an attacking player who uses defence to set up opportunities to attack. It requires fast movement, an excellent FH attack, with varying direction, speed, and spin, and sometimes the same on the bh, having twiddled. The attacking portion of a modern defender is no different from any other regular attacking player. What characteristics of Dignics do you think might it unsuitable for these purposes? Would butterfly make a rubber to 'replace/augment' tenergy that would be inappropriate for this? Would some of the world's top players be switching to it if it were? Many of the top modern defenders have used Tenergy 05 or Tenergy 64, and still do. What makes you think that the next generation of these rubbers would suddenly be unsuitable for modern defence?

PostPosted: 19 May 2019, 17:33 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
I wondered if the increased dwell or holding of the ball claim of the Dignics will be too much on def blades which generally hold the ball longer anyway in my experience .....if someone could try it before I cave in :whew:

PostPosted: 19 May 2019, 18:33 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
LordCope wrote:
scdit46 wrote:

Can you think of a reason why it wouldn't be? Think about what you're asking.... what *is* modern defence? It's an attacking player who uses defence to set up opportunities to attack. It requires fast movement, an excellent FH attack, with varying direction, speed, and spin, and sometimes the same on the bh, having twiddled. The attacking portion of a modern defender is no different from any other regular attacking player. What characteristics of Dignics do you think might it unsuitable for these purposes? Would butterfly make a rubber to 'replace/augment' tenergy that would be inappropriate for this? Would some of the world's top players be switching to it if it were? Many of the top modern defenders have used Tenergy 05 or Tenergy 64, and still do. What makes you think that the next generation of these rubbers would suddenly be unsuitable for modern defence?

First of all modern defense not only entails attack, but for some modern defenders also defensive chops on the FH. The attacking department is also different for a defender than an attacker: more lobbing and/or more looping from far distance, less (active) blocking.. Both defensive and attacking strokes can be executed with a fast boosted rubber by a pro, but not necessarily by a mere mortal. So the question is certainly legit.

I'm not planning on buying Dignics: too expensive. But reading the reviews I think it's better suited for modern defense than the Tenergies were. Less catapult, more dwell.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 19 May 2019, 22:49 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
Lorre wrote:
First of all modern defense not only entails attack, but for some modern defenders also defensive chops on the FH. The attacking department is also different for a defender than an attacker: more lobbing and/or more looping from far distance, less (active) blocking.

Sure - I accept that - and I anticipated such a reply... I'm deliberately being simplistic to encourage thought.

Quote:
Both defensive and attacking strokes can be executed with a fast boosted rubber by a pro, but not necessarily by a mere mortal. So the question is certainly legit.

I'm not really sure it is. I know modern defenders ranging in ability from lower local league to international level - some use Tenergy, some use Hurricane/Skyline, some use Tensors, some use older-fashioned Sriver/Mark V. They're all able to play the range of shots we described between us, to the extent of their training/experience/ability. All of those rubbers are "suitable", and there's absolutely no evidence at all to support the notion that Dignics will suddenly be the exception that breaks the rule. The question didn't specify "suitable for use by a complete novice", or "by me, and here's some video footage of my last match, so you can see my level" or "by Lorre", or "by Joo" -- it said "is it suitable" - manifestly it is, and will be. Is it suitable for the person who asked the question? Well neither you nor I can answer that without a ton more information, and even then it would be a guess based on the sum of our experience. So either way it's a question that can be answered by the application of common sense, in either one of two ways: Obviously, yes. Or: no idea - suitable for whom, based on what information?

PostPosted: 20 May 2019, 04:30 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I was having the exact same thoughts..

I suppose if you had a rubber that made it difficult to chop with, or to block or fish with, then it wouldn't be suitable for defense (though I'd argue it wouldn't be all that suitable for offense either). No indication that Dignics is anything like this.

I was wondering how soon we'd see Dignics on this list:

https://tabletennis.guide/equipment.php?gender=1

https://tabletennis.guide/equipment.php?gender=2

Looks like Tenergy still rules.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2019, 06:48 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX
Our (german) review of Dignics 05: https://youtu.be/FKYwAmxwszk

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2019, 15:54 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
When Tenergy first came out there were lots of players who were adamant that they wouldn't pay that price for a rubber, but now time has passed very many do. This includes many players who, in my opinion, aren't really strong enough to benefit from it and are therefore are (again in my opinion) wasting their money.

I've never felt the need to spend the extra at my level, and can almost get 2 pairs of Tibhar Evolution for the price of 1 pair of Tenergy. I can get 2 pairs of evolution for less than 1 pair of Dignics!

Pros play with Evolution, it's good enough for me! Also, it means I can have minty fresh sheets more frequently.

However, back to my point in the first para.... In 5 years or whatever, it is likely that players will have accepted the initially shocking Dignics price and it will be widespread. Hopefully it won't 'pull up' the prices of existing products.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

185g

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2019, 03:57 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The upshot (according to Herr Boll and, um, the other guy, and they agree on this) - Dignics 05 is slower but more spinny than Tenergy 05, with more control for flicks, backhand topspin counters and blocks. So it's not a Tenergy replacement. Herr Boll seems to have switched to Dignics 05 on the backhand.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2019, 20:11 
Super User

My style is defense modern (my blade Matshushita using T05 on FH), I play to mid distance and my topspin is not fast but has very effect.

Is D05 for me?

regards

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 02:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Shibaev is currenly using Butterfly Dignics rubbers on both sides.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 02:35 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Is that good or is that bad? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 04:32 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
EJism at the highest level. Playing bad = this rubber is s***! :lol:

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next