OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:11

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Butterfly Dignics 05
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2019, 23:54 
Super User

Have anyone try boosting D5?

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2019, 02:29 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Chopper88 wrote:
Have anyone try boosting D5?

Please tell us when you do.. Kinda curious to see what happens.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2019, 04:52 
Super User

Lol , already did, 2 layer of Kailin booster , with 1 layer not much dome , 2nd layer it curl up like an egg roll, was bz all week , will play with it Tuesday , also notice it didn’t expand like other rubbers

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2019, 12:25 
Super User

Finally got a chance to play with a boosted D5 , the sheet has expanded about 1.5 to 2mm , so I had to trim it a bit, I would call myself a all around player with P1R in 1mm on BH , played 3 match with a PH who is 2200 in USATT rating , won the 1st set in 5, lost the 2nd in 3 and beat him again in 3 , I really enjoyed the crispy feeling after the boost, looping is a dream , can lift anything, this guy has sone heavy pushes , it give it a higher arc , higher throw, spiny as hell like before but more bit because the sponge just got a bit softer , away from the table I felt confident that I can counter it back , overall I think after the boost it play better in everything,

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2019, 03:40 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
Chopper88 wrote:
Finally got a chance to play with a boosted D5 , the sheet has expanded about 1.5 to 2mm , so I had to trim it a bit, I would call myself a all around player with P1R in 1mm on BH , played 3 match with a PH who is 2200 in USATT rating , won the 1st set in 5, lost the 2nd in 3 and beat him again in 3 , I really enjoyed the crispy feeling after the boost, looping is a dream , can lift anything, this guy has sone heavy pushes , it give it a higher arc , higher throw, spiny as hell like before but more bit because the sponge just got a bit softer , away from the table I felt confident that I can counter it back , overall I think after the boost it play better in everything,

What about the speed? Slower with booster?

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2019, 03:58 
Super User

mart1nandersson wrote:
Chopper88 wrote:

What about the speed? Slower with booster?

Definitely not slower , but I cannot say it faster , it give it more feel land crisp , but more spin and easier to play with , more forgiving and control . The ability to lift underspin was great

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2019, 12:06 

Finally bought some Dignics 05 max., and put it on my 89 gram Viscaria, just to see for myself what this rubber is all about. Have been playing with 05 Hard, both sides for about a year. I simply do not have the skills for regular 05 with the short game, but found 05 Hard the solution to that. I practiced with my coach and asked him for feedback regarding the 05 Hard vs the Dignics 05 on my forehand. I needed his opinion because I could not see that much of a difference between the two. He said that the 05 Hard loops were slightly faster with a lower arc than were the Dignics loops off third ball drills. The 05 Hard was easier to fast loop close to the table brush loops returns on fifth ball drills. I tried the Dignics 05 on my backhand and simply preferred the 05 Hard on all drills with exception of banana flips, and that was only by a slight margin. It did seem to be more forgiving than the 05 Hard. My coach tried out my blade and flipped the blade over to see for himself. He did not see a big difference between the two rubbers. He is not a professional coach, but has been coaching for over 25 years, and has coached players up to 2100-2200, but recently most fall in the 1800 to 1900 range. I'm in my late 60's, and can no longer play at mid distance, so I play close. In summary, when the Dignics 05 wears out, I'm going back to 05 Hard on both sides. And so it goes....for what it's worth.[url-ext=][/url-ext]

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2020, 11:28 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
I put Dignics 05 on both sides of an oversize balsa blade (the blade itself only weighs 67g, overall the bat is 180g). I had my first hit with the bat last night. I loop both sides, when I can.
Normally, I play with Joola Maxxx-P on FH, Rakza 07S on BH. Good, and bad, in respect of my game, is:

The good:
- opening FH and BH loops off chop are a dream - the rubber has enough grip not to have to engage the sponge too much, meaning a "thin" loop which may not have enough grip with a less grippy rubber is likely to be picked up enough with the D05.
- pace is very good, with good arc at the end - the ball comes down sharply
- blocking seems very easy with such a grippy rubber - perhaps because the sponge is harder than I am used to. Blocks were kept very low - I had to adjust the angle (open slightly more) compared to R7S.
- pushing is able to be kept low
- with the ease of blocking, and the grip, it is very easy to accelerate the pace of the ball off the bounce on the BH

The bad:
- for me, receive of short serves on the FH - D05 is more receptive to spin than the R7S or the JM-P. If I misread the serve, the impact was far more noticeable.

Summary:
I need a bit more time with the D05, but it has great potential. Possibly, will keep JM-P on FH, and change to D05 on BH.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2020, 12:35 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
Thanks for the reviews.. but I have no plans on trying soon on a long term basis :lol: