OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2019, 19:21 

Blade: Nittaku Rorin
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH: -
man_iii wrote:
Simply put YRD is middle-of-the-ground rubber and doesn't nothing outstanding. When you block or attack the ball goes where you tell it. But you won't be able to fully get the maximum spin or speed and the rubber won't work for you or against you so you have to master your game best you can. YRD is the control rubber that helped me transition from Euro rubbers to Chinese rubbers. I still use it though less often.

YSD is NOT as forgiving as YRD. Throw-angle is low, spin sensitive, tons of spin and based on arm-strength massive speed as you can put into it. Best if you loop-drive or attack or punch as blocking is not easy with YSD.

Soft tacky rubbers tend to be lightweight due to sponge being more porous and hence lighter. Perhaps one of the Yinhe Moon rubber or Yinhe Sun rubber ? Jupiter is stupid heavy and hard as hell.

Other Chinese hybrids are Tibhar Hybrid K1/ K1plus / K1J? Stiga Mantra series ? But I don't know what they are like.

Cheap Chinese tacky soft rubbers tend to be 729 rubbers 02/08/SST Cross? /Origin/etc ... I haven't seen anything from Palio other than CJ8000 that can be considered soft tacky. Maybe one of those weird 61 second lightning ?

KTL/LKT XT Pro <--- I believe is the tacky version ( XP Pro is the grippy version I think )

Try let us know what you find :-D

i see

i started out using eurojap rubbers too and immediately jumped straight to chinese rubbers with the 729FX back in may

took me about a month to get used to it and hence i got a love-hate relationship with it just like the sriver i used to play with

is TPB counted as a punch?

stiga mantra rubbers are jap rubbers btw, jap manufacturer. non-tacky too

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2019, 19:25 

also i think i will settle with Mercury 2 for now and see if it works for me or not

by next year ofcourse, by the time december ends i have used my 729FX for six months which is my goal to let my techniques settle in

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2019, 23:53 

soooo

i got the Merc2 today, played with it for a bit and i thought an update to this thread would be nice

i couldnt discipline myself to wait until december so my plans didnt really go as intended

first impressions, very impressive, compared to the 729FX that is.

easily five times as spinny as the 729FX. the feel is softer but i quite liked and missed the crisp feel 729FX had on looping. throw angle is pretty high compared to the 729FX.

TPB with the Merc2 is also fun and nice. one aspect i dislike about the 729FX is that it isnt great at blocking.

lets see how Merc2 fares after a few months of play.