OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2022, 21:09 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
Dr Neubauer Dominance Speed rubber review:

Info:
Rubbers comes with a protection sheet for the topsheet, rubber is already pre-glued on the sponge. Tested it in 2.1 Red on Firewall Plus blade.
A grippy surface, not sticky, with a high tension sponge.

This a very high speed rubber, good grip and ability to put pressure right away. For the players who hit hard this is a bomb. You can accellerate easily. Hitting can be direct points for you if you can adapt to its high speed when you can land it on the table. If the ball returns make sure you act quickly too. You can win the point by one blow and do some really good powerplay with it.
Blocking and pushing is fine.
Keep in mind that the speed really dominates this rubber. Spin is ok, not high, but it is all about the speed.
Control is good for such a high speed rubber. It is not an uncontrolable rocket.
Make sure you play some time with it before it really breaks in. In the beginning it does feel really stiff. The characteristic of this rubber comes a little bit later when it is played in.

I would not recommend it in 2.1 for beginners. It is really fast indeed.
If you can tame this beast it surely can give something extra for your game.
Not as fast as the Bryce Speed rubbers from Butterfly but fast enough.
Do not expect much spin because this is really a speed rubber with good control and grip. Not overly fast. But fast enough to put good pressure right away by the high speed / acceleration.
For players / hitters who want to win the points quickly in 2.1mm.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2022, 22:59 

Blade: Sauer and Troger Zeus
FH: Xiom vega Asia DF
BH: Dr Neubauer Troublemaker
I agree with your assessment of this rubber.
I play with Dominance Speed 2.1 in black on the forehand of my Zeus all round blade. It is very fast but controllable.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2023, 02:14 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Recently bought a sheet of Dominance Speed 1.8mm. And glad I only paid half the UK RRP. As it must be the worst rubber I have ever used.

Basically the sheet I have is a fairly heavy Chinese slightly tacky rubber with rock hard sponge. The 38° Dr N quote is clearly on the Chinese scale which is misleading for the Western customer.

Ball just flies off with no dwell at a very !ow launch angle that probably needs a lot of strength to play with and is completely different to a standard euro tensor. Not what I expected at all and they are taking the Micky with the price they ask which is the same as you can get Rubbers like Fastarc G1