OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Digniss 09C
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2022, 22:15 

Blade: Spinlord Ultra Carbon Def
FH: Digniss 09C 2.1 mm
BH: Spinlord Dornenglanz 2 ox
What do you think about Digniss 09C ?

Post subject: Re: Digniss 09C
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2022, 04:31 
Super User

Best is to go to a tt club or where you can find people who use Digniss 09C ...and...to play with that rubber and experience directly how it feels.
Thinking is always ''about''.
You don't read about whiskey or listen to the people who talk about their whiskey experiences. You just drink it, then you know what whiskey is.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2022, 17:57 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

deva sarjan wrote:
Thinking is always ''about''.
You don't read about whiskey or listen to the people who talk about their whiskey experiences. You just drink it, then you know what whiskey is.

Can't attest to the veracity of this, however I might point out that there are numerous people who write articles in the newspapers about their "whiskey experiences"... Must be something to it or the newspapers wouldn't be paying them for the articles... :lol:

Anyhow.. yeah... maybe someone at the club plays with Dignics 09 and you can try it out. The problem is it might be on a blade that's very different from the one you use.

The main reason I NEVER buy the same "expensive" rubber twice in a row is that I'm always wondering what this rubber or that rubber is like. I read reviews, and want to see what the other guy was writing about. I don't think I'd ever try Dignics 09, because 1) it's way too expensive, and 2) I've found, after trying all sorts of rubbers including Tenergy 05 and Evolution MX-P, that I could barely tell one rubber from the next and it didn't make any sort of improvement to my game. That special rubber that will add 50 points to your rating overnight? It really doesn't exist.

Next "expensive" rubber - probably Rakza Z. Because I do have an extra RM150 burning a hole in my Shopee wallet and it's been about a year since I've bought anything related to table tennis. And I wonder what Rakza Z is like.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2022, 03:23 
Super User

[quote="iskandar taib"]

Can't attest to the veracity of this, however I might point out that there are numerous people who write articles in the newspapers about their "whiskey experiences"... Must be something to it or the newspapers wouldn't be paying them for the articles... :lol:

-----------------------------

You can still read numerous articles of whiskey experiences but to know whiskey you got to drink it, then you know...
Also reading can be an escape from encountering, experiencing...you read and you keep on dreaming, like something is happening...Nothing is happening...
And I'm not against reading. Just saying that knowing is doing.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2022, 19:07 

Blade: Spinlord Ultra Carbon Def
FH: Digniss 09C 2.1 mm
BH: Spinlord Dornenglanz 2 ox
I saw I wasn't clear, I play with Digniss 09C and I am very plesead of spin and the capacity of making defense shots( not choping like Yoo See Hyuk ) not attacking so much but my opinion is that Digniss 09C is a slow rubber and the ball stays a little longer in the sponge; that's my opinion but I am a defender and I play with Spinlord Ultracarbon Def as blade and Hallmark LP Tactics ( o,5 mm sponge ) on backhand. I was wondering if there are some different opinions from players that are using this rubber on different blade than mine. Thanks.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2022, 02:36 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Well, yeah, that seems to be the consensus when we've been discussing it in the past. It's got to do with the tackiness and probably also the hard sponge. I suspect you're talking about the sort of strokes Gionis uses on the forehand (I wonder if HE has switched..).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2023, 18:17 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Had a short hit yesterday with Dignics 09C on a TSP balsa 3.5 e.g. fast rubber on slow blade which as an ageing mid club level player I quite like.

Worked surprisingly well for close to table play. did not feel hard, lots of control and touch and enough speed when needed, really any one could play with it. Yasaki antipower was on the BH and the lightish overall weight and balance felt really good, enabling good hand speed.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2023, 03:27 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
I've had a few plays with this rubber this week. The chap I borrowed the viscaria from had it on before I put my own rubbers on. I have a club mate who also uses it on a Nittaku Violin, and at the camp last week most people had it, including a couple on a Viscaria. Overall I thought it was very nice indeed, and if it were half the price, I'd probably try it out, but at £80 a pop, I'm not in a hurry. That said, I've just put some MX-P on my FH, and I know from previous experience with ESN rubbers, they need to be changed twice as often as Butterfly ones, so maybe it all comes out in the wash anyway?

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2023, 21:14 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Please could you summarise the key differences between 09C and MXP on your Viscaria blade, which is a pretty representative fast carbon blade.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2023, 21:31 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
ChasFox wrote:
Please could you summarise the key differences between 09C and MXP on your Viscaria blade, which is a pretty representative fast carbon blade.

I can try to give a sense, but all are very new to me, so it's only impressions. I've been using the Viscaria for about 10 days, about 30-40 hrs playing time, although I've used a similar blade for many years before. The MXP even less probably only 10 hrs playing time, although I've used similar ESN rubbers before. Dignics I used for probably less than 30 mins in total.

With that caveat, Dignics feels closer to what I am used to (Chinese inverted) but with a less dead feel. Compared to MXP I would say it felt a bit slower - maybe 20%, and had less of a "click" feel when playing topspins. I was able to chop on fh and bh with Dignics straight away, MXP required more time to get used to it. For blocking against strong loops I actually prefer the MXP. Serve and return were both good, again, the Dignics had slightly more of a chinese feel, perhaps because it's slightly tacky.

For flat hits I preferred the MXP, but maybe the extra catapult / speed is beguiling.

I found Dignics much more forgiving when opening up against a push. With MXP if I get the timing wrong, or don't use enough body, the ball isn't going over. Dignics was much less critical. For me, right now, MXP is probably very useful as I know I need to work on that aspect of technique, and if it forces me to to be more precise, it's probably quite a good training aid.

I'd say Dignics 09C does feel like a hybrid between a Chinese rubber like Hurricane and a grippy Euro/Jap.

If someone gave me a sheet, I would happily use it, and if it were more affordable, I think I'd consider it as my main FH rubber.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2023, 04:57 

Blade: Vanity II (custom)
FH: DHS Gold Arc 8
BH: Nittaku FastArc-G1
ChasFox wrote:
$50

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2023, 22:00 
Super User

I had a hit today with a Viscaria blade and two 09C rubbers for 5 to 10 minutes.

My Butterfly Innerforce ZLC with a single black sheet of 09C on the forehand and the same colour black Hurricane 3 on the backhand - then swapping between the two bats i got a very good odea of the rubber and blades.

09C is the best rubber ever for lifting heavy underspin chops.

It produces a natural loopy curved arc so your technique of going low to high on this stroke does not need to be as good.

On the Innerforce blade i was getting much more arc in this stoke than with the Viscaria.

The 09C - my impressions are the sponge holds the ball longer than the other Tenergy rubbers.

The topsheet has maybe more grip.

For spin and control exceptional rubber so long as you use an orthodox low to high action.

Initially my forehand drives were going long so now i let my opponents lobs drop a lot lower and i have my consistency back on this shot.

Hurricane rubber is still tackier than 09C so on extreme low to high swings will always have more control.

What surprised me about today was how much a different blade influences the arc of the rubber.

I thought Viscaria was a looping blade yet the arc it produces is so much lower than with my Innerforce ZLC.

Hope this helps.