OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2023, 10:09 
Super User

:lol: :lol:… And I seriously agree :rock:

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2023, 17:01 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Wood
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-D
BH: S&T Hellfire X 0x
charmander defender wrote:
Has anybody seen a dramatic improvement in their game due to changing to one of the new colours?If you haven't,do you know anyone who has dramatically improved their Game and level by just using the new colors?

I just find this new trend useless to improve this sport except for the pockets of some officials in the ITTF ranks .

The rubbers are the same and a color does not dramatic change anything.
It just for looks.
It's not useless as some people like the different colours. If your teamcolor is blue you can use a blue sheet.
If your teamcolor is red you can use a red sheet. It does not matter. It does nothing bad to the sport as well.

I use my Tibhar Grass D.tecs in acid green because how it makes me feel. I play for fun not to be world champion.

Setup: Stiga Cybershape Wood / FH:Tibhar Evolution FX-D / BH: S&T Hellfire X 0x

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2023, 17:54 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
GarField000 wrote:
Has anybody seen a dramatic improvement in their game due to changing to one of the new colours?If you haven't,do you know anyone who has dramatically improved their Game and level by just using the new colors?

I just find this new trend useless to improve this sport except for the pockets of some officials in the ITTF ranks .

It just for looks.
It's not useless as some people like the different colours. If your teamcolor is blue you can use a blue sheet.
If your teamcolor is red you can use a red sheet. It does not matter. It does nothing bad to the sport as well.

I use my Tibhar Grass D.tecs in acid green because how it makes me feel. I play for fun not to be world champion.

I think you have not understood my point.Of course,you can play and buy the new colors for fun.My point is that when you make changes in a sport , it is for a serious reason.....why now new colors and not in the 80s or 90s?

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2023, 23:04 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
The Green Detecs is being used by some of our local players using black or dark colour blades ,it dosn't change colour like the translucent red does, good if your f/h rubber preference is black

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2023, 17:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I think you have not understood my point.Of course,you can play and buy the new colors for fun.My point is that when you make changes in a sport , it is for a serious reason.....why now new colors and not in the 80s or 90s?

Umm... The red/black rule only started in 1986! Before that they were selling rubbers in all sorts of colors, though the vast majority of "serious" rubbers were red. Most people played with red on both sides, though I remember seeing yellow, green, blue, purple etc. rubbers now and then. The first black rubber I remember was Tackiness Drive and Tackiness Chop - it was ONLY available in black (the first red Tackiness sheets appeared after the two color rule came into effect). Butterfly also released Feint in black at the same time IIRC - the idea was to use black Tackiness and black Feint for chopping. The only other black rubber I remember from back then was Yasaka Black Power (you should have seen what they had on the packet - it wasn't politically correct.. :lol: ), it showed up some time after Tackiness did. Black rubbers ONLY became common after 1986 - there was no such thing as black Sriver or Mark V before that.

So you should be asking - why did they limit colors to black and red in 1986? The answer is obvious AND not so obvious, I'll leave it for you to do some research on the subject.

Other notable non-red pre-1986 rubbers -

Tornado (can't remember offhand if it was Yasaka or TSP) - it came in a beautiful natural transparent honey-amber color (like natural latex rubber, like you see in some rubber bands).

The original 729 Friendship - these were the first ever Chinese rubbers to appear in the US, it had this weird purple color, sort of like a bruise. Probably because they tried to make the topsheet red but they glued it to a blue sponge. And it was the first rubber that was actually tacky (Tackiness wasn't :lol: ). If you troll the net you can probably find pics of Guo Yuehua or others with bats of this color.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2023, 02:10 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Wood
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-D
BH: S&T Hellfire X 0x
GarField000 wrote:

It just for looks.

why now and not in the 80's ..... development in things we know. Why a bigger ball now and not in the 90's? You can make to many questions this way :D

Changes have been made thru the years ... now there is only a visible change.
in the 80's 90's you had green and one colour one side. Than the change for 2 colors ... now you can have any color next to black.
Maybe that time it was no issue, it could not be done without changing stats ... who knows.
Changes are not only positive, changes are not only for the better off ..... sometimes it's just for fun.
At high level in our country we went from 3 player teams to 4 vs 4. Many teams get in trouble because you need more players. My club went from 2 division teams to one because there where not enough players to fill 2 teams off 4. In my country it's not allowed to use the seamless ball ....... so decisions also may be bad .....

Setup: Stiga Cybershape Wood / FH:Tibhar Evolution FX-D / BH: S&T Hellfire X 0x

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2023, 21:30 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
I'm really keen on the blue rubbers. I tried the Baracuda in blue and really liked it. I believe the color of the rubber (other than black) makes the rubber a little bit harder. It is, because the natural color of the material the rubbers are made from is black. Other colors than black is made by adding dye, it makes the rubber a little bit harder.

I've been playing with the Blue Baracuda for several weeks and now I'm trying the Rakza Z out. Unfortunately, they don't make it in blue. I'm really sorry for leaving the blue color, but having the potential for more spin and control is more important. Who knows, someday I might return to the blue.

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2023, 14:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Before 1986 you could play with BLACK rubber on both sides. Oh boy was that fun - get a sheet of Phantom 008 on one side and Tackiness Drive on the other. No one had any idea what you were serving with. :lol: :lol: :lol: Serve Pop Bang! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2023, 04:35 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
GregorTT425 wrote:
I'm really keen on the blue rubbers. I tried the Baracuda in blue and really liked it. I believe the color of the rubber (other than black) makes the rubber a little bit harder. It is, because the natural color of the material the rubbers are made from is black. Other colors than black is made by adding dye, it makes the rubber a little bit harder.

I've been playing with the Blue Baracuda for several weeks and now I'm trying the Rakza Z out. Unfortunately, they don't make it in blue. I'm really sorry for leaving the blue color, but having the potential for more spin and control is more important. Who knows, someday I might return to the blue.

...and that day has come. I'm going back to the Blue Baracuda. This hybrid thing is a nice idea but not my kind of world. Back to the good old BLUE tensor! Welcome back!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2023, 16:42 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I must admit Kamikaze OX in green plays better than black or red . However,my point was that changes should be to get a VERY significant improvement.

Also,others might argue that a small improvement is significant to them so it is just a matter of opinion .

From what I have seen,these small improvements are scarce ,I mean in few versions ; some in green,some in purple and not in all the brands .

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2023, 16:21 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I was looking for bi-colored balls on Shopee, and a bunch of alternative-color rubbers came up. So I thought I'd make a list of what was available. This is calculated to piss off Igor, since they're mainly not blessed by ITTF (there will be a couple, at the bottom, that are).

1) Huieson Rainbow

https://shopee.com.my/Huieson-Colorful- ... 4399089494

Inverted. RM21 (~USD 4.50). Cheap, non-ITTF. Ships from China, also one local vendor.

2) Tuttle Octopus

https://shopee.com.my/Tuttle-OCTOPUS-Co ... 1854547760

Used this before, available ~2 years ago from AliExpress. Non-ITTF. Inverted. Local vendors. RM47.50 (~USD11 - bloody expensive for this sort of thing.) I think this came before the actual rule was finalized so the colors might not conform to what's specified.

3) Tuttle Positive Energy :lol:

https://shopee.com.my/TUTTLE-Colorful-T ... 0783678651

Inverted, probably fake ITTF, seems to have 2.0mm sponge. Local vendor. RM38.88 (very lucky.. :lol: ) ~USD8.

If you think about it - "Negative Energy" would be a fantastic name for one of those frictionless antis.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

4) HRT Colorful

https://shopee.com.my/HRT-Colorful-tabl ... 9889719507

Remember HRT (Huarite), the producer of the Stiga Clipper clone that was supposedly better than the Stiga Clipper? They now make rubber... :lol: Very simple headstamp, doesn't even claim to be ITTF. Wide range of colors available. 2.1mm sponge. Price varies, non-red or black sheets are RM20.48 (~USD4.50 but shipping isn't free - unless you buy RM200 worth of stuff).

5) Sevetto (Seve77o) 77

https://shopee.com.my/SEVETTO-77-Colorf ... 2577220357

Inverted. Pretty sure this is non-ITTF. RM21.55 (~USD4.50)

6) Original Meteor 845

https://shopee.com.my/(Blue-Rubber)-Original-METEOR-845-(Pip-out)-Table-Tennis-Rubber-i.253953490.20606710741

Pips out with thick sponge. And HUGE pips. And judging from the name, this looks like a throw-back to the early 1970s when pips out penhold was the Chinese national style (it says 1957 on the packaging, if so it pre-dates any sort of ITTF rules on racket coverings). It also says "40+" :lol: Only available in blue. This is intriguing enough that I might pop for a sheet. RM25.51 (~USD 5). Checked, it is ITTF logal. Pair it with an purple sheet of the Sevetto 77 (same vendor)... The vendor has other "Original Meteor" sheets but they're boring red and black.

7) "Kokutako" Tokyo Neon 730

https://shopee.com.my/KOKUTAKO-TOKYO-Ne ... 3441815716

Finally something that MIGHT be ITTF certified. RM32.50 (~USD7). Mainland China vendor.

8) Loki Rxton 3

https://shopee.com.my/2022-New-LOKI-RXT ... 9735777996

This IS ITTF legal. Mainland China vendor. RM74.22 (~USD26).

9) "Sagiga" V long

https://shopee.com.my/ITTF-approved-SAV ... 0981235441

At last, long pips. OX. ITTF certified. China vendor. Green, blue pink is RM29.60 (~USD6.50)

10) DHS Hurricane 9

https://shopee.com.my/DHS-Hurricane-9-C ... 5695639905

Definitely ITTF certified. RM164.50 (~US36, i.e. way too expensive for me.) Looks like the blue sheet is the best, because it comes with the #22 blue sponge... :lol: :lol: :lol:

11) 729 Cross

https://shopee.com.my/friendship-729-cr ... 2667105693

Plain old 729 Cross. The old 729 topsheet. Comes in blue and green only. Chinese vendor. RM31.50 (~USD6.50)

12) Dawei 388D-2

https://shopee.com.my/Dawei-Saviga-388D ... 2038011779

The old familar OX long pips. Tenryu also sells this. RM52.50 (~ USD11). The red and black are a LOT cheaper (~RM15-20).

13) Tuttle Beijing

https://shopee.com.my/Tuttle-table-tenn ... 7491781602

ITTF 98-001. Local vendor. RM65 (USD~14). Old rubber in new colors.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2023, 21:16 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2023, 20:58 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

OK. So who among International players are using "colored" rubbers? Here's one. Aruna is playing with what looks like green or yellow on the backhand, and the reason is obvious - it matches his shirt... :lol: I guess Bernadette Szocs is the other one I'm aware of - I've seen videos of her recently where she's gone back to the pink stuff.

No idea what rubbers they're actually using - Aruna seems to be sponsored by Gewo, according to the LARC they sell two sheets in green - Neoflexx, and Nexxus El (or E1) Pro Super Select (I suspect it's this one, it has a more impressive name). I don't think we'll see many other international players using colored rubbers until Butterfly starts selling Tenergy and Dignics in other than black and red. Scanning the LARC, they don't sell ANY of their rubbers in the other colors yet.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2023, 20:54 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
I see the trend to use non red rubbers started just several months ago in my city. It is interesting that females seems to be more conservative with their racket colors relative to their sportswear.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2023, 17:49 

I replaced my red decs with a green one……because of the grass green here in NZ. IT STANDS OUT so my opponents know it’s LP…….the red one is a better disguise

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next