OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2023, 02:23 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
I'm pretty much interested in the rubber, especially in the blue color it has. I've read overall good reviews, but also quite ambivalent ones, such reviews like one is stating how easy it is to play with it and ones stating how hard is to play with that.

Hereby I'm asking you if anyone of you have any experience or opinions about this Victas rubber? Maybe even a comparison between this and the Baracuda?

Thanks.

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2024, 04:08 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
This is a late response to your question... but I have a LOT of experience playing with this rubber. And prior to using v22, I used v15 extra for years.
If still interested, let me know... I can share some insights. IN short, it's a powerful "average" do it all rubber. Pretty fast and plenty spinny.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2024, 06:44 
Super User

notfound123 wrote:
This is a late response to your question... but I have a LOT of experience playing with this rubber. And prior to using v22, I used v15 extra for years.
If still interested, let me know... I can share some insights. IN short, it's a powerful "average" do it all rubber. Pretty fast and plenty spinny.

Let it all out...

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2024, 05:03 
Super User

I am not sure what specifically you are looking for in a rubber; I don't know your style, your level, etc. etc. Frankly, this is the main reason I rarely trust what I read online about rubber X or blade Y. Unless the feedback is universally consistent from reviewer to reviewer, for example: Grass DTecs is fast, or P1 is good for chopping, producing heavy underspin.

Back to the rubber. I have to say I am a big fan of the rubber. My son, who's one of the top juniors in our state, also uses it on both sides. The best summary for the rubber is it's Victas' response to Butterfly's Dignics 05, while V>15 was their alternative to Tenergy 05.

V>22 is medium hard (50 degrees), has a grippy topsheet, a medium throw angle, and is very fast. It becomes a spin weapon in good hands. I lost count of the number of times my opponents missed the ball completely i.e. it dipped under their racket, when trying to counter my loops. On the other hand, I think harder rubbers such as H3 or D09c (or V20, which is a harder rubber from Victas) are capable of producing even higher levels of spin. But you lose on the pace. I tried to stick with H3 for a couple of months, then V>20 ...people may disagree but both are very comparable IMHO, and on Diode, I failed to generate enough speed consistently. Could I still rip a powerful winner? Sure. But I couldn't do it during a two-day tournament continuously. V>22 is more bouncy and allows me to hit winners away from the table if needed.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2024, 06:13 
Super User

Thank you!

Then I guess I will stick to the Dignics09C, which you have also mentioned. Too bad, 'cause I like its blue color.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2024, 01:16 
Super User

GregorTT425 wrote:
Thank you!

Then I guess I will stick to the Dignics09C, which you have also mentioned. Too bad, 'cause I like its blue color.

it's a great rubber for sure. If you are okay with its price and it's not too slow for you, go for it. Half of men's top 100 use it, if not more.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2024, 01:22 
Super User

notfound123 wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:
Thank you!

it's a great rubber for sure. If you are okay with its price and it's not too slow for you, go for it. Half of men's top 100 use it, if not more.

Exactly. I have already bought it and will mount it onto my blades if it arrives before my death. I like it pretty much. I did not feel it too slow, true I have played with a faster rubber (Tenergy 19), but definitely not the slowest if you put power behind it. The price is okay for its durability, if it maintains the majority of its characteristics for at least 6 months.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2024, 03:27 
Super User

GregorTT425 wrote:
if it maintains the majority of its characteristics for at least 6 months.

This really depends on your level. I talked to a high level local player (2350-2400). If you are not from the U.S., this rating would put you on a national team in many countries. He uses 09c and says the rubber lasts him about 2-3 weeks, 1 month tops and then it's no good for tournament use. He still plays with it in local leagues and practice matches for a couple months afterwards.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2024, 04:33 
Super User

Mine looks as good as new after one month. I use it 2-4 times a week, not the most intensive use. I believe it is going to be okay for quite sometimes. I also protect it with a sticky protective sheet.