OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2021, 05:16 

Blade: LQ2
FH: Neptune ox
BH: ck531a ox
Hello fellow hardbatters, I'm facing a very serious problem, i pasted a new Yasaka A2 rubber on my LQ2 blade, n when i started practicing topspins, i realized after half hour, that the pimples r getting damaged, n i mean seriously damaged, as i kept on playing i realized n clearly felt losing the grip on the ball. I have practiced for 3 hours over 3 days, 1 hour each day for just topspins, n it seems i have ruined this rubber.

Has anyone else also faced anything like this, please let me know :sweat:

If i keep on practising at this rate n keep on ruining rubbers, then I'll have to ask elon musk to adopt me ;(

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2021, 07:25 

Blade: Gambler Oversize Kevlar
FH: RITC 802 OX
BH: RITC 802 OX
I have never used the A2 rubber sheet, but I am surprised that it is so fragile. During my hardbat career, I used mostly Dr Evil, which proved very durable. After a few months of play against inverted loopers, I might see a few pips crack at the base, but this was not common. In hardbat vs hardbat play, I almost never broke a pip. If you are looking for a fairly spinny hardbat rubber that is legal for U.S. hardbat events, I can also recommend Butterfly Orthodox.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2021, 01:59 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
I value Dr. Evil as a very fragile rubber like the worst of LPs durability. So it seems practical durability depends more on technique then on rubber.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2021, 06:10 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
For what it's worth, I was hitting topspins with the A-1 for hours last night (mostly backhands). After reading this post, I checked the rubber and it looks OK. I think the A-1 is supposed to have slightly longer pips than the A-2.

A lot of hardbat players prefer blades made with softer woods. Harder outer plys can be tough on pips when you're consistently smacking hard shots.

I've never had a problem with the durability of Dr. Evil. They did have a massive bad batch of black rubbers about 10 years ago.

Attachments:
IMG-0669.jpg
IMG-0669.jpg [ 3.45 MiB | Viewed 2119 times ]

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2021, 03:57 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
mynamenotbob wrote:
I've never had a problem with the durability of Dr. Evil. They did have a massive bad batch of black rubbers about 10 years ago.
It is very possible that I was unlucky to had got that bad batch. Did not try this rubber still.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2021, 16:23 

mynamenotbob wrote:
For what it's worth, I was hitting topspins with the A-1 for hours last night (mostly backhands). After reading this post, I checked the rubber and it looks OK. I think the A-1 is supposed to have slightly longer pips than the A-2.

A lot of hardbat players prefer blades made with softer woods. Harder outer plys can be tough on pips when you're consistently smacking hard shots.

I had this misconception that hardbat Rubbers r the most durable, they'll go on for like atleast a year, but now that misconception is gone. I use Yinhe LQ2 defensive blade, its very flexible.

Last edited by ankit_singh92 on 26 Jan 2021, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2021, 16:28 

I have damaged Andro Classic also, i have dr evil, but I don't like it at all. Evil is the worst rubber i feel.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!