OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:03

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2013, 20:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Although I still had not got around to compiling and organising the questions for this interview, Mark kindly found them himself, and answered our questions. Below are the Questions and Answers... if there are more questions, I shall try and get those answered as well.

- Spinlord defender blade: is it suitable for modern looping defense with (distant) ox-chopping? Or better for the short game?

Can be used for both, but it is quite fast for DEF blade. A new version of this blade will appear in 2 months.

- How can you fulfill your mission: "Others are more expensive – SpinLord is better"? How can you keep prices rather low and still offer this great quality, while Tibhar for example is much more expensive?

Mainly lower marketing costs.

- How is R&D done? Are there (famous/actively playing) advisors for developing material? For developing LP?

I have developed the products myself only with help and advise of the factory.

- Are you thinking about developing LPs, rubbers, frames that provide an answer to the new balls?

Lets see when the new ball finally will come. Maybe never in Germany...

Dornenglanz (& Blitzschlag) are extremely popular. What % of your turnover/gainings are from these LPs?

All SpinLord pimples together about 15-20%. All SpinLord items about 60% (we also sell other brands).

- Why is Dornenglanz so succesful? The secret of it's success?

The sticky surface of the pimples, this makes the pimples easy to control even though they are very thin. Please understand that the durability of so thin and also medium hard pimples is only medium.

- I like the design and concept of the rubber's cover image. Who designed it?

My ideas + the work of our own designer.

-What do you (the owner of Spinlord, Sir Mark Köhler) think of Spinlord's rubber quality and performance? Is it up to par with world-renowned brands such as Butterfly?

Pimple out rubbers yes, pimple-in rubbers almost, performance for defence is superb, but our Irbis is not as fast as Tenergy. Quality and durability almost.

-What is the vision and mission of the company?

Quality !

-Does SpinLord has plans for expanding it's reach to more Asian countries?

We already have done so meanwhile.

Does SpinLord has plans regarding the rubbers for the new PVC ball?

I don´t think the PVC ball will need new rubbers.

Where are their target markets? Eg they are pretty much unheard in the UK.

We have a distributor in the U.K. The distributors we have are fully responsible for the marketing in their countries.
Our main target market is eastern Europe and Germany of course.

Would they consider making equipment available for forum testers to promote global awareness?

The problem here is that we don´t have many sample rubbers available before the rubbers come to the market.

Do they sponsor any players or clubs?

No. Our distributor japsko in Sweden sponsors Fabian Akerström and he plays with Dornenglanz rubbers we selected for him.
Besides that, our low prices make expensive sponsoring impossible.

And Are any plans for all kind of Chopping products, like Long pips for chopping, ShortPips For Chopping, Inverted Chopping and lopping (Modern Defence) Blades For modern Defence...

Our products and also future products are also good for chopping...

well the obvious is when are you going to make some LP with sponge for a primary chopping game? some slow sponge like that on TSP P4 would be great!

The special pimple surface of our LP rubbers gets destroyed when trying to glue it to a sponge with a machine. So the pimples are almost all only sold in ox. Distributors like japsko glue it to a sponge by hand.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!