OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:54

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 82  Next
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2016, 22:59 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
wow thats cool-Paul Di'Anno is bloated and cant sing now

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016, 07:04 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Not much blogging or reading here lately, too much to do at my new work...
I have continued my work on my FH to loop more relaxed, especially against back spin. It is getting better. My FH is now a lot better than earlier this year. This is due to my new blade, than the change to japaneese rubber and a result of focused practice. I am a lot better at counter looping and I can loop more in a row without missing.
Today I played three 5-set matches against a fellow who used to be in my club and who I lost to twice this last season. Today he was a little rusty. But I still played very well when I beat him 3-1 in the first match and 3-1 in the last. In the middle he beat me 3-0. Below is what it looked like when I faced him in our league earlier this year (he played really well): http://youtu.be/R-IObIGoYss
Well, it felt damn good to win :-D

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2016, 03:53 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Def-attack wrote:
Not much blogging or reading here lately, too much to do at my new work...
I have continued my work on my FH to loop more relaxed, especially against back spin. It is getting better. My FH is now a lot better than earlier this year. This is due to my new blade, than the change to japaneese rubber and a result of focused practice. I am a lot better at counter looping and I can loop more in a row without missing.
Today I played three 5-set matches against a fellow who used to be in my club and who I lost to twice this last season. Today he was a little rusty. But I still played very well when I beat him 3-1 in the first match and 3-1 in the last. In the middle he beat me 3-0. Below is what it looked like when I faced him in our league earlier this year (he played really well): http://youtu.be/R-IObIGoYss
Well, it felt damn good to win :-D

re f/h-i noticed that it was nice and controlled

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2016, 16:22 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Long time without blogging...
MegaBlock is here, and I have been using it in 1,5 mm för 2 whole sessions and 1 tournament and 4 singles in a local league. I am getting very comfy with it now, feels great. Even though spin reversal isn't on par with Transformer it is better in almost all other aspects.

Yesterday I had a session with a fellow that is ranked better than me, a lefty and a good rackethlon-player. He beat me a month ago in our local league for veterans (older than 30 years) rather easy (10-12, 11-6, 11-3, 11-4) when I used Transformer. We played a few drills and the two five-set-matches. First time this season I also filmed them (below). I won first 3-1 and lost 2nd 2-3 :). Not too seriously played but still a good measure of what Mega Block can do, where if excels, and what you still not can do with slick antis :). I still do many easy mistakes, I still block to the net sometimes, but most of the times it works just how I want it to - great!

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2016, 21:51 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
Hi... (without to be offensive.. but with only intention to give an advise)..
I see your match.. what i can see is: for me MEGABLOCK 1,5 mm over offensive blade like Stiga Carbonado is too fast.. (for me... naturally..) i tried with over my Nittaku Goriki Super Drive same rubber 1,5mm and i find a consistence difference with MB 2.0 in control..
Often balls are near to end line in opponent field and not under the net... opponent can duplicate easy top spin and without monster reversal effect by MB isn't easy to lost the point..
If you see better your game, you can see that many your balls go in a part of opponent field who i call "death zone": in the centre of the table with the second bounce out of the table... that's very very dangerous... if you don't push fast the ball and with power...
I hope to be clear and my english understandable...
:sweat:

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2016, 01:02 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
hi def, happy to see you videos again mate :rock:

about them...the same advice all ppl gave me you can transfer to yourself...every shot you are making with fa (frictionless anti) you are making that downward motions we all have a leftover from lp...

you need to reprogram you old habits and push all the balls in the upward motion...never down in a chopping motion or shorter chop block motion...that is also the reason you are saying that you see that is less spin reversal...and faster blade with 1.5mm MB i think...

and you must be a lot more energetic with your legs...lot of FH you are hitting are from the body bcs you dont move from the ball fast enough...

so, tl;dr faster legs, upward motion while pushing, slower blade or thicker MB...imho ofc :up:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2016, 07:10 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Thanks for your time and comments, greatly appriciated!
I do need to be better at playing soft, slow, short and low when I play to the middle. When I play fast or hard with anti I need better placement. I was mostly aiming for the lines but I noticed that I do miss the table way too often.
And I also need to be more offensive in my mindset, now I was mostly focusing on BH and anti... Not many points made by FH.
About downward movement... not sure there, need to check the vidz again. I feel like I am rather still with my bat when blocking, unless I need to lift the ball up a bit at the last split of a second. And when I get backspin against me I feel more comfortable attacking with a slight downward movement, I feel that shot is more deceptice for my opponents and I get a better opportunity for attacking next ome with FH. When I try attacking lind Amir I don't get as much speed as I want. I can surley practice more and get better, but that is not where my focus is at the moment...

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2016, 07:21 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
i agree with 111iceman: the blade seems to be too fast at times and the reversal could be better...which ball were you using?

often you start attacking loops with your forehand, where a block with the flanti would be better. also try to attack the underspin balls with the flanti or at least push harder..the chops are too slow and often the opponent loops that directly to make a direct point. you backhand service, when its backspin semi-long is ideal for a block with nice reversal.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2016, 07:35 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

AA wrote:
i agree with 111iceman: the blade seems to be too fast at times and the reversal could be better...which ball were you using?

often you start attacking loops with your forehand, where a block with the flanti would be better. also try to attack the underspin balls with the flanti or at least push harder..the chops are too slow and often the opponent loops that directly to make a direct point. you backhand service, when its backspin semi-long is ideal for a block with nice reversal.

Thanks!
We used Yaska poly (DHS factory I think). My opponent is very used to play against pips, he doesd not put more spin on the ball than neccesary and he has good control when pushing back spin. But I do believe there should be more spin reversal from my blocks, I got much more from Transformer.

I will try the 2,0 mm next time. I won't change my blade now, I like it for my FH too much. And in most matches I get more points from my FH attack than in this one. But like you indicate, I might need to evaluate the balls comming to me in another way...

I will work on attacking back spin much more, but I will focusing on pushing or sidesweeping mostly (like Luka does after his BH service). For some reason that feels better for me and my opponents seem to have less problems with my version of your BH-attack-style. To learn that stroke will take more time than I have I guess.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2016, 08:02 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
TRASFORMER is more better than MEGABLOCK in deceptive reversal, but also has low control.
MEGABLOCK permit to have best control in the FANTY rubber family, but need right blade and right sponge.
With carbon blade TRASFORMER give his best in reversal, like you said, but very hard in control.
But i think reversal isn't all in a FANTY rubber; more important is control in every situation and the possibility to attack fast. At the moment many expert players know the key to play well against FANTI (dead balls, no spin, no power) and if you don't use your MEGABLOCK for open the game, you have a little percentage to win the point. 3rd ball is always important when you serves and 2nd ball also when your opponent serves (you can open the game with MB or with your FH): this is the right attitude with FANTI and for this need more control. In one only word: ACTIVITY!
I think Stiga Carbonado 190 and MEGABLOCK 2.0mm can to be a valid solution... maybe not easy... but good...

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2016, 10:49 
Super User

pushing in a chopping motion against a backspin ball is somewhat deceptive against weaker players who are fooled in thinking there is an underspin on the ball so they try to push that ball.

Any better opponent will just kill that easy ball with the topspin...but when you push the underspin ball in a upward motion, then you are imparting a little underspin on the ball which then the opponent must spin it back and than you have a nice ball to block...so imo, it is good to learn that...the more variation you got, the harder the opponent will get used to your balls :lol:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2016, 16:57 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

@Ragnolo: I totally agree. Playing more active and hitting more against loose returns is a must with Mega Block. I have been wanting this for some time and I was about to try other rubber or thickness when Mega Block occurred. I have also been toying around with Neubauer Power Attack. I tried that one too for a couple of sets against the lefty in the clips above. It works well and has almost as good reversal on blocks as Mega Block but the braking effect, the slowing down, is no way near (and it is not suposed to be either). But to use Power Attack I need a slower blade than my current, that is a problem. And I would be much less secure when under attack. On the other hand, as soon as I get a return that is slightly high and not loaded with top spin, I can attack it hard without twiddeling... Maybe I will try it more the upcomming summer...

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2016, 17:08 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

111Iceman111 wrote:
pushing in a chopping motion against a backspin ball is somewhat deceptive against weaker players who are fooled in thinking there is an underspin on the ball so they try to push that ball.

Any better opponent will just kill that easy ball with the topspin...but when you push the underspin ball in a upward motion, then you are imparting a little underspin on the ball which then the opponent must spin it back and than you have a nice ball to block...so imo, it is good to learn that...the more variation you got, the harder the opponent will get used to your balls :lol:

To some extent you can trick players with pushing backspin and generate topspin and make them lift the ball far, but that is just a matter of a few single points against some player where I play, most people can handle that deception. That is not what I am talking about. I am mor talking about attacking with aggressive pushing or sidesweeping. Like the Indian dude or Luka does. This attack make the ball go in another arc or flight path, compared to when you attack Amir-style. And you can do the attack with a slight slap, to get lots of speed on the ball. This can surley be done in a more secure way and perhaps even faster and more powerful with Amir-style, but I think it takes more practice. Not sure yet. But at practice with the lefty I did a few BH serves and followed up with a very aggressive sidesweep/push and the effect was great. The arc was very odd and it was very difficult to predict what spin was on my return for some reason.

I am not sure I understand how you mean you can impart back spin with that upward stroke against a back spin shot. Is that stroke described in the documentation you did on Amirs course?

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2016, 04:05 
Super User

yes...hm, let me look at the post and i will link it...

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=29613&start=30#p320549

"-opponent (opp in further text :)) serve underspin serve on which i push aggressively with anti (or pips) in a kind of forward upward motion on which opp blocks my ball and than i dont go to block but instead push again, so i always stay in offensive...in my case, when i did it right, opp sent his 2nd or 3rd ball in the net because of how nasty were that ball i was sending..."

"-i serve this time, underspin, the opp push back with underspin on my bh and then i attack it in 3 ways i prefer...by flick/punch motion, by that upward forward push or by pushing horizontally with half open blade...in 1st 2 ways opp gets fast no spin or even underspin ball which is difficult to attack, and in the 3rd way opp get spin ball which he will pop in the air if he goes under it...really good exercise that i liked very much...if you master all 3 shots, opp will never know which one will you play so he could not adapt..."

i posted my 3 new videos in my blog from a yesterdays game where i try to push in that way most of the time...

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2016, 07:47 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Well, time to sumarize this autumn. It's been by far the most exhausting autumn in my life so far. Not much of it has to do with table tennis but with family and work. It culminated a few days ago when my wife had to undergo some surgery for her right shoulder, forcing her not to lift anything or use right arm for anything next 4 weeks and work with rehab for three months. My right shoulder have been hurting a lot since the beginning of the summer (when I worked a lot in our garden, digging, carpeting and painting). We have also have had a bathroom in our house renovated (lots of energy lost there), both of us started new jobs this autumn. We have had a really hard time with our daughter (12 years) and her self confidence and other issues, and we lost a young close relative in the worst kind of way earlier this autumn. I would like to sleep for a month or so...

On the bright side though: my son (10 years) is deep into table tennis now. He has been practicing in my club for 2 months now. Today he entered his first competition and it went ok, two losses and one win. And he enjoyed it! This might make it more easy for me to enter competitions, but I don't get as much time for my own practice as I used to.

But I have actually raised my ranking a few steps this autumn. I am now at position 1806 in my contry (I was around 1980 when season started) and hopefully I can keep climbing.

Today I also ordered some new stuff just for fun. I bought Yasaka Rising Dragon for my main setup, will probably try it this Thuesday. I also bought DMS blade Cubixx (slow controlled blade for close to table block). I will move my Dr Neubauer Power Attack to this blade. I tried that rubber again against the lefty from my lagest clips a few posts above. It was fun! And that is what I need right now. It also generated almost as good spin reversal as Mega Block. But is is way faster so I need a slower blade. I might consider making this my main set up if it works well. We'll see...

Be well!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 82  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!