OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2022, 22:33 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
Noticed the girl is fast and bouncy on her feet and moves to the ball to get it off the bounce as soon as possible creating more disruption, combined with strong f/h attack is very effective..Good video

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2022, 00:02 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
So yesterday I did give it a go and at first couldn't do it like her and I soon realised its because I don't stand close enough and therefore I also take the ball a bit later. Once I took a slight step forward I was able to copy her BH just not quite as consistent. It is very effective but also more demanding on footwork to get FH in.

I'm not sure I want to play there but do you think that's too stubborn of me and I should just suck it up and do it, or continue my way and try to make it work :^)

Also I did get video footage of my game with the French girl Juliette (top 300 womens), I am happy with the results even though I lost but learnt a lot about what I need to work on as well as seeing the potential when/if I get more consistent. She also beat rank 14 England female player in a tournament 3-0 and she only beat me 3-1 just saying....I am technically rank top 14 womens :rofl:

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2022, 00:03 
Super User

Also TT11 doing the sale to me on purpose and I am ordering a new bat. Donic Defplay Senso V3, Killer Pro EVO and Dtecs Green :party:

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2022, 06:09 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Dignics 09C Max
BH: DMS Sabotage .5 Black
If you ever decide to return to using inverted on your forehand... I've been using Tenergy O5 Hard 1.9 for a few weeks with green 0.9 DtecS on a Defplay Senso. I am not a huge fan of Tenergy but this is the best inverted rubber that I have used on this blade in the last 4 years. Good speed and spin as well as being able to chop. It blocks and loops great on the backhand when twiddling too. Not too bouncy. Good for serving and returns. Sort of just right.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2022, 06:31 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Ndragon wrote:
Also TT11 doing the sale to me on purpose and I am ordering a new bat. Donic Defplay Senso V3, Killer Pro EVO and Dtecs Green :party:

I have been told that SPs need an off - blade at least so you can get the full potential.Maybe the Defplay Senso V3 is not suitable for DR N . Killer

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2022, 16:50 
Super User

ThreeDMan wrote:
If you ever decide to return to using inverted on your forehand... I've been using Tenergy O5 Hard 1.9 for a few weeks with green 0.9 DtecS on a Defplay Senso. I am not a huge fan of Tenergy but this is the best inverted rubber that I have used on this blade in the last 4 years. Good speed and spin as well as being able to chop. It blocks and loops great on the backhand when twiddling too. Not too bouncy. Good for serving and returns. Sort of just right.

If I did return to inverted FH I would almost surely stick to Mark V or HPS. Don't think I would ever consider a tenergy again due to price. But they are amazing rubbers. I actually didn't think too much about the FH on the blade thats totally my bad haha lets hope its not a disaster. Are you a chopper with that 0.9 dtecs?

charmander defender wrote:
I have been told that SPs need an off - blade at least so you can get the full potential.Maybe the Defplay Senso V3 is not suitable for DR N . Killer

oops, I totally forgot to think about the speed of the blade actually. I was at work and just gave the details to a friend who was ordering so I rushed during a quick 5mins break :lol:
My NSD plays like ALL blade though and Moristo SP is pretty nice on there. Let's hope and pray that this Defplay Killer Pro EVO 2.0 isn't a disaster :sweat:

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2022, 20:36 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
charmander defender wrote:
Ndragon wrote:

I've been playing with a Defplay Senso V3 with SP on the FH for a few weeks. It's very slow and feels a bit like the blade is too flexible, but it has worked well - very good control, and with a hit, enough penetration if well-aimed. Where it becomes a challenge is if you're playing a good fisher/lobber - here you really feel the speed is lacking, so I have to try to outwit rather than out power the opponent.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2022, 20:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Defplay is great with dtecs ox and you can twiddle and f/h chop with practice.
i never liked the f/h for looping though but that is poss down to my style.
f/h is great for chopping though.i used raystorm on the f/h-very easy to twiddle with.
i got to a decent league level with this combo but moved on to a faster blade and my percentage went up.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2022, 21:00 
Super User

LordCope wrote:
I've been playing with a Defplay Senso V3 with SP on the FH for a few weeks. It's very slow and feels a bit like the blade is too flexible, but it has worked well - very good control, and with a hit, enough penetration if well-aimed. Where it becomes a challenge is if you're playing a good fisher/lobber - here you really feel the speed is lacking, so I have to try to outwit rather than out power the opponent.

Well this sounds promising for me since I've never had power in my game and trying to out power the opponent usually ends up me losing more than winning so fingers crossed I can make it work. I did get 2.0 and its supposed to be pretty fast compared to the other killer series

peterpong wrote:
Defplay is great with dtecs ox and you can twiddle and f/h chop with practice.
i never liked the f/h for looping though but that is poss down to my style.
f/h is great for chopping though.i used raystorm on the f/h-very easy to twiddle with.
i got to a decent league level with this combo but moved on to a faster blade and my percentage went up.

I've been wanting to try Defplay Senso + Dtecs for a long time. Although I won't be taking a step back often to chop I definitely want to 'eventually' get comfortable to twiddle and use Dtecs on FH too

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2022, 21:06 
Super User

Just uploaded my match vs Juliette. So now you can see how I play vs a pretty good player. I did say before but just to say again she has played some tournaments here and has only lost 1 match and has beaten number 14 England 3-0!

She plays for the county and university too. She plays tomorrow vs a Chinese Penhold LPs close to table player I'm so excited to hear the results.

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2022, 05:47 

Ndragon wrote:
If I did return to inverted FH I would almost surely stick to Mark V or HPS. Don't think I would ever consider a tenergy again due to price. But they are amazing rubbers. I actually didn't think too much about the FH on the blade thats totally my bad haha lets hope its not a disaster. Are you a chopper with that 0.9 dtecs?

I understand about Tenergy and had avoided trying it. If you take care of it Tenergy can last a long time making the cost a little less painful. I am impressed by how the T05H works on the Defplay. I had tried 1.6 Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Blue Sponge but it was too slow even after boosting it and extremely heavy making the blade feel oddly balanced. The Defplay is a great looping blade and I have a 20 year old one that was used with reglued Sriver and it was amazing. Using the T05H is the closest I have come to that kind of spin and speed.

I like chopping with the 0.9 Dtecs. I play and practice all of the LP strokes with it. It is good for side swipes at the table and handles heavy loops pretty well. I can go long and short with blocks and chop blocks. It is better with an active stroke. Chopping from mid-distance and far away is good and have heavy spin. It's also fast enough that you don't need to worry about your chops coming up short. Hitting back spin is a breeze and the occasional topspin works if you use a sharp upward stroke. I am concentrating on perfecting my side swipe at the table because it seems more effective and keeps the ball lower than a straight bump.

It will be interesting to see how the Defplay gets along with the pips on your forehand. In your match with the girl I think that you need to really smack your forehand when you get the chance even on net high balls. It looks like you are still playing an inverted game but using pips which won't give you enough spin or speed. Also try side swiping the serves with the LP. I think you'll see an improvement in the quality of your return. The side swipes have a nasty sideways bounce when returning sidespin serves that can cause an outright miss.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2022, 06:39 
Super User

ThreeDMan wrote:
Ndragon wrote:

I understand about Tenergy and had avoided trying it. If you take care of it Tenergy can last a long time making the cost a little less painful. I am impressed by how the T05H works on the Defplay. I had tried 1.6 Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Blue Sponge but it was too slow even after boosting it and extremely heavy making the blade feel oddly balanced. The Defplay is a great looping blade and I have a 20 year old one that was used with reglued Sriver and it was amazing. Using the T05H is the closest I have come to that kind of spin and speed.

I like chopping with the 0.9 Dtecs. I play and practice all of the LP strokes with it. It is good for side swipes at the table and handles heavy loops pretty well. I can go long and short with blocks and chop blocks. It is better with an active stroke. Chopping from mid-distance and far away is good and have heavy spin. It's also fast enough that you don't need to worry about your chops coming up short. Hitting back spin is a breeze and the occasional topspin works if you use a sharp upward stroke. I am concentrating on perfecting my side swipe at the table because it seems more effective and keeps the ball lower than a straight bump.

It will be interesting to see how the Defplay gets along with the pips on your forehand. In your match with the girl I think that you need to really smack your forehand when you get the chance even on net high balls. It looks like you are still playing an inverted game but using pips which won't give you enough spin or speed. Also try side swiping the serves with the LP. I think you'll see an improvement in the quality of your return. The side swipes have a nasty sideways bounce when returning sidespin serves that can cause an outright miss.

I've played Tenergy in the past, you get what you pay for. Can last 6-12 months if looked after depending on how much you play. But I've learnt that all of these fast tensor type rubbers are not for me, I can't control it with my natural technique (which I'm aware isn't very orthodox but I'm done trying to change it). Are you sure I'm still playing inverted even after watching my loops before with even Mark V.

I will prioritise trying to improve my FH though as I can see so many times I should either win point or get advantage but I'm so bad with it I miss or I'm too passive. I'm als going to try the sideswipe vs serves, but what serves in particular? I really struggle with long fast no spin :headbang:

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2022, 07:00 

Quote:
ndragon

I've played Tenergy in the past, you get what you pay for. Can last 6-12 months if looked after depending on how much you play. But I've learnt that all of these fast tensor type rubbers are not for me, I can't control it with my natural technique (which I'm aware isn't very orthodox but I'm done trying to change it). Are you sure I'm still playing inverted even after watching my loops before with even Mark V.

I will prioritise trying to improve my FH though as I can see so many times I should either win point or get advantage but I'm so bad with it I miss or I'm too passive. I'm als going to try the sideswipe vs serves, but what serves in particular? I really struggle with long fast no spin

Side swiping works really well for no spin serves, fast or slow. It's important to bend LP and moving the racket sideways makes that easier. I have a training partner that when we play games he likes to serve fast no spin directly at me. If I use the LP I can chop, topspin or swipe the return. When I side swipe it is easy to keep the ball low and deep. The speed is good and if you take the ball as early as possible you can rush your opponents return. For serves coming from the backhand corner it is easy to direct the return to the forehand corner and a little wide making for a difficult return that you can easily attack. The other solution to this is to twiddle and push/chop the return with your short pips. I do that with inverted and it can really mess up an opponent that is looking for a no spin return. And it may be a good place to start getting comfortable with twiddling. Twiddle back as soon as you make the stroke so your ready to hit an attacking forehand.

My side swipe has improved lately and I have a tournament this Saturday. I hoping that all the work will pay off in some success.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2022, 08:42 
Super User

ThreeDMan wrote:

Side swiping works really well for no spin serves, fast or slow. It's important to bend LP and moving the racket sideways makes that easier. I have a training partner that when we play games he likes to serve fast no spin directly at me. If I use the LP I can chop, topspin or swipe the return. When I side swipe it is easy to keep the ball low and deep. The speed is good and if you take the ball as early as possible you can rush your opponents return. For serves coming from the backhand corner it is easy to direct the return to the forehand corner and a little wide making for a difficult return that you can easily attack. The other solution to this is to twiddle and push/chop the return with your short pips. I do that with inverted and it can really mess up an opponent that is looking for a no spin return. And it may be a good place to start getting comfortable with twiddling. Twiddle back as soon as you make the stroke so your ready to hit an attacking forehand.

My side swipe has improved lately and I have a tournament this Saturday. I hoping that all the work will pay off in some success.

I definitely cannot twiddle that fast without knowing for sure they will do that serve. I'll try the sideswipe on Friday and see how it goes. It might be different with OX compared to your .9 though.

Wouldn't say no to perhaps seeing your recieve in action tbh, would be easier to learn from and mimic. Maybe next time you train with your friend he can do the serve 5-10 times and record it.

Good luck with the tournament!

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2022, 14:49 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
:rofl: :rofl:

Good battle there!

It seems like she doesn't understand a lot of the LP returns coming back at her... once she does, should beat you even quicker! :lol:

Many points she lost after pushing heavier backspin to your LP, and you would give it a quick bump that caused her to miss. Her serve strategy was a bit erratic as well. Appeared that several were yielding many points, but she kept experimenting with other varieties. It was just a practice match, so I never count them as anything concrete.

For your play, one obvious thing I noticed: you can often block back the first attack, and then she follows it up with another... that you will perform what I call the 'paddy cake' block. Just a simple paddle held in front of the ball, returning it passively and most times right into her power zone so she was able to do a put away. I would say work on adding some gusto to that shot, making it an active block and aim for the body/cross over if possible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next