OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:12

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2021, 19:17 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Ok so I've played total of 2hrs now with the new setup and have to say I am definitely converting. Stiga Clipper, BH is the 802-40 III 2.2 40d. FH is curently Palio Thors but I almost sure I won't stick with that for too long.

It's a huge relief tbh not having to worry about my knee, and I can play and relax more, I did film a bit but was planning to get more footage to see how I play with purely instinct and not changing technique before asking for advice. It was more succesful than I thought playing vs Fred (Div1 player) so I am quite happy with that.

Now I am so sure about the switch that I am planning to go ALL IN and buy another Stiga Clipper (on sale atm Dandoy sports) and get SPs both sides. Going to finally use up the budget the Mrs has that she agreed to buy me a bat :lol:
I was looking at the Stiga Royal since its just 15 euros and stiga on stiga sounds nice lol plus Tin Tin Ho uses it too. I still have a black sheet of the 802-40 III which I could use on the other side too, or could try something else, perhaps the 802-40 soft sponge one, or just put Stiga Royal both sides?
On my current Clipper I will likely put Mark V on, although also considered putting on the other 802-40 III but I am not quite ready to commit to 2x SPs without quite a bit of filming to see my natural FH, and also just twiddling and trying it for a session or 2 first.
For xmas I'm planning to ask for Moristo SP and possibly something else but we will see.

Interestingly enough I've realised why the lower throw rubbers on my FH felt nicer inside 1m, because I tend to be more BH dominant and my grip accommodates and when I have to then go to FH my grip stays the same and the bat angle is naturally more open which often leads to overshooting the table.

If anyone is really interested to see my very first proper session (only 1hr though) vs Fred I could edit it all and post it unlisted and take it down at a later date perhaps, just message me maybe. I did previously have another 1hr hit with the same bat but it was mostly knocking and vs a low lvl opponent. The other session was with my friends bat Allround with 2x SPs 802-40 and again was vs mostly low lvl players. No disrespect to them of course but I could beat them with any bat tbh

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2021, 19:17 
Super User

Ok so I've played total of 2hrs now with the new setup and have to say I am definitely converting. Stiga Clipper, BH is the 802-40 III 2.2 40d. FH is curently Palio Thors but I almost sure I won't stick with that for too long.

It's a huge relief tbh not having to worry about my knee, and I can play and relax more, I did film a bit but was planning to get more footage to see how I play with purely instinct and not changing technique before asking for advice. It was more succesful than I thought playing vs Fred (Div1 player) so I am quite happy with that.

Now I am so sure about the switch that I am planning to go ALL IN and buy another Stiga Clipper (on sale atm Dandoy sports) and get SPs both sides. Going to finally use up the budget the Mrs has that she agreed to buy me a bat :lol:
I was looking at the Stiga Royal since its just 15 euros and stiga on stiga sounds nice lol plus Tin Tin Ho uses it too. I still have a black sheet of the 802-40 III which I could use on the other side too, or could try something else, perhaps the 802-40 soft sponge one, or just put Stiga Royal both sides?
On my current Clipper I will likely put Mark V on, although also considered putting on the other 802-40 III but I am not quite ready to commit to 2x SPs without quite a bit of filming to see my natural FH, and also just twiddling and trying it for a session or 2 first.
For xmas I'm planning to ask for Moristo SP and possibly something else but we will see.

Interestingly enough I've realised why the lower throw rubbers on my FH felt nicer inside 1m, because I tend to be more BH dominant and my grip accommodates and when I have to then go to FH my grip stays the same and the bat angle is naturally more open which often leads to overshooting the table.

If anyone is really interested to see my very first proper session (only 1hr though) vs Fred I could edit it all and post it unlisted and take it down at a later date perhaps, just message me maybe. I did previously have another 1hr hit with the same bat but it was mostly knocking and vs a low lvl opponent. The other session was with my friends bat Allround with 2x SPs 802-40 and again was vs mostly low lvl players. No disrespect to them of course but I could beat them with any bat tbh

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2021, 19:42 
Super User

Not too many cheap options on Dandoy Sports unfortunately.

My choices are:
1-Stiga Royal x2 2.0 (they don't have max and I don't want 1.8 )
2-Stiga Royal x1 2.0 and glue my black sheet of 802-40 MIII 2.2 40d (but it means 100% current clipper will use inverted on 1 side)
3-Stiga Royal and 802-40 1.8 or 2.2 (unfortunately no 2.0 available)
3-Stiga Royal and Dr Neubauer Pistol 2.0

Too little choices and too much at the same time :sweat:

Any feedback would be appreciated :oops:

EDIT: Scratch all of the above just seen Tin Tin Ho doesn't use Royal anymore but the new expensive Symmetry :headbang:

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2021, 21:19 

Blade: Sanwei Fextra
FH: Xiom Vega Europe
BH: Yinhe Uranus Poly
If you're not committed to buying from Dandoy tt-maximum does have a pretty nice short-pips selection https://tt-maximum.com/en/shop/rubbers (especially if you consider using Dr. Neubauer or Yinhe products)

They're shipping from Ukraine though which might mean a few days longer to wait on your precious pips ;)

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2021, 22:19 
Super User

Tipiak wrote:
If you're not committed to buying from Dandoy tt-maximum does have a pretty nice short-pips selection https://tt-maximum.com/en/shop/rubbers (especially if you consider using Dr. Neubauer or Yinhe products)

They're shipping from Ukraine though which might mean a few days longer to wait on your precious pips ;)

I was only going to order on Dandoy because Clipper is on sale. But just seen on the website you sent its only 9 euro more. What's the delivery to UK do you know?

Also I have looked at (for BH) Killer Pro Evo vs Moristo SP. Those were my 2 top choices tbh. In 2.0. But if the 802-40 regular soft version will do the same thing then can save a lot of money lol.
For my FH the things I have my eye on are Rakza PO, Waran and again the 802-40 2.0. But maybe max is better for FH? In which case I'll just use the ones I bought already 802-40 MIII 2.2 40d

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2021, 22:36 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
stick the vid up mate and check pm.
Ive mentioned before but in my opinion the only way to know if ya gear works is to try and play in a decent league against different good players.You will then see what works.Your missus will have to become a tt widow matey. ;)
802 may be a good starting choice-cheap and easy to play with when coming from inverted

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2021, 22:47 
Super User

Ok I'll wait till next Wednesday and get more footage so I'm going against Anatol as well. I don't think I'll video anything this Sunday as the player lvl too low and almost all of them won't want to be filmed lol

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2021, 00:38 

Blade: Sanwei Fextra
FH: Xiom Vega Europe
BH: Yinhe Uranus Poly
Ndragon wrote:
I was only going to order on Dandoy because Clipper is on sale. But just seen on the website you sent its only 9 euro more. What's the delivery to UK do you know?

For France it was about 10€ for some rubbers, a T-shirt, a double-case and some other random stuff (but no blade)…

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2021, 07:10 
Super User

Quick description for context.
Before this session I had only ever tried SPs almost 2 weeks ago for the first time ever (SP both sides bat) and played only games with it for about 1.5hrs. Then again for about 30mins 5 days ago. This edit is after about 30mins of knocking warming up then 30mins of match play. Also vs Fred (Average Div1 player). Took me a while to warm up with the match play

This is me playing 100% instinctively, if I am adjusting I am doing it without thinking. I was quite pleased if I'm honest even though there are plenty of errors etc.
All points are in except service/receive errors. I lost a fair few points from service receive tbh although most of them were from doing the LPs stroke instead :rofl: which I also done a few during the rallies which I also edited out.

Give me your analysis guys. Also if you see any tendencies with technique that a certain short pip and sponge size might sync well with. Also with the FH too.

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2021, 00:28 
Super User

Guys....
Moristo SP for my BH. 1.8 or 2.0. Help me decide!

:oops:

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2021, 04:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33677&start=30
2 types and i would go with the thick version(says on back of rubber)
check the above as there is a comparison between the old pip and new.new is faster i think.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2021, 05:04 
Super User

peterpong wrote:
https://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33677&start=30
2 types and i would go with the thick version(says on back of rubber)
check the above as there is a comparison between the old pip and new.new is faster i think.

I've seen this thread but this is Moristo SP vs SP AX. I'm not interested in the SP AX coz it's tensor sponge. It's a shame I cannot find anything on just straight up 1.8 vs 2.0.

1.8 is Thick. 2.0 is super thick. As far as I know Mima uses Thick as well (1.8 )

I was leaning towards the 2.0 before but now I'm leaning towards 1.8. Her blade is likely faster than my Clipper though right :?:

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2021, 06:05 
Super User

Well today's session went a lot better than expected.
Got and glued on my Stiga Clipper Mark V 2.0 FH and for the BH Moristo SP 1.8. It felt like night and day, for inside 1m Mark V plays so much better for me.

As for the Moristo 1.8, it was SO MUCH better than 802-40 M3 2.2. Its faster, more controlled and seems to produce the same spin. They both felt the same with regards to spin sensitivity too.

I did get some footage with the first guy I played with for about an hour and 20mins, drills and then match play. I will hopefully have that up tomorrow. I took to almost everything fairly well except blocking against a fast not so spinny loop, I was netting a lot of those at first. But after knocking with Anatol doing only drills for 45mins then Fred. I got the hang of it. At the end me and Fred played best of 5 and for the very first time I actually won, 11/9 in the 5th. Unfortunately I didn't record anything with Anatol or Fred but I will in future.

Also my secondary setup arrived today, another Clipper but with 802-40 soft in 1.8 and I will be gluing my M3 2.2 on the FH. I did try Moristo on FH too and in all honesty it felt better than the M3 but I'm not buying any other rubbers until Xmas. That bat will be so I can try double SPs at some point on a good blade. Although I have a feeling I'll be sticking with inverted FH

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2021, 21:26 
Super User

Latest video. Gotta say I enjoyed the Moristo SP 1.8. Very happy I chose to go with SPs and happy for all the info and help which made me go with 1.8. Thanks to everyone :up:
Also very happy with the win vs Fred! First time ever :party:

Quite excited to have a session with the 2x SPS too

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2021, 23:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Im pleased that your knees feel better.You play well with that set up.
I like a low throw on the f/h aswell and have used mark v in the past.its pretty good and has great control.
im trying dr n explosion tonight as i was blown away with a quick test the other day on both the b/h and f/h :Chop:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 26  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!