OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 15:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158 ... 167  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2019, 17:53 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Tenergy 05 1.7
BH: Victas P1V 1.0
Welcome to the world of TT, fmarek. Good to see there are still people joining our most favourite pasttime
fmarek wrote:
..so H3 rubber is meant to fix that. I was told it is not forgiving rubber because of low throw.

You can accuse H3 of beeing anything, but it has definitely not low throw in any way!!! :*

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2019, 17:30 

Blade: Gergely Tamca 5000
FH: Yasaka Mark V
BH: Yasaka Mark V
Hello every body
I'm Deyaa from egypt, 38 years old, played table tennis in local club from 2000 to 2006 then due to work couldn't continue same way.
I have gergely Tamca 5000 blade and i was using Yasaka Mark V FH/BH and then used Butterfly sriver on FH. I'm very aggressive on FH, I great in smash and heavy spin and good on top spin, but in BH i was great in blocking, pushing, choping and light top spin.
I have master in geolgy and work in oil field as a pressure engineer with baker hughes in kuwait.
I need to come back to my form and style again with ur help deciding better equipmnet to develop fast.
thanks for u all to have me with u here

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2019, 17:32 

Blade: Gergely Tamca 5000
FH: Yasaka Mark V
BH: Yasaka Mark V
Now i want to go back to the game and checked couple of rubbers with friend racket, I tested MX-P and calibra LT and they were ok but they were old rubber so i don't know how they perform if new. I tried T05 new but i had no control but top spin FH/BH was great and they can't get it back because i have a strong fast arm and i use wrist also, but in short game i coldn't handle enough.
I read alot of rubber review and almost think that MX-p, Rakza 7, Calibra LT will suit my blade and style but little afriad that MX-P will be fast and non durable.
I need ur opinion because i will buy rubbers online next couple of days and need to get the best compination with the right thickness.
If there is another rubber u could suggest please tell me what is it and it's thickness.
right now i think Rakza 7 on H and Calibra LT on FH.
Thanks

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2019, 22:23 

Blade: Nittaku Rorin
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH: -
Hello.

I am a 19 years old amateur player from Penang, Malaysia. I am a passionate Jpenholder with a battle-scarred Nittaku Trefire blade (mostly from me knocking on the table). I have a red 42 degrees 729 Focus III Snipe as my forehand rubber.

I don't have a backhand rubber as I don't play RPB.

I often played in my home with my family until my father eventually found a training centre for me to go to. Ever since then, I am dedicated to improve myself. Kinda hoped to be good enough to partake tournies, as unrealistic as that can be in reality currently. :P

My username is an inside joke of how frequent the balls touch the net whenever I go for a forehand drive. Usually clears the net, but it happens so often its embarrassing. :oops:

I lurked in this forum a lot, mostly regarding equipment (and got ill with EJ virus :D ). I joined today because I want to partake in the fun of table tennis with people from other countries. So, yeah. :party:

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2019, 08:11 

Blade: BTY Gergely
FH: Rasanter 47
BH: Fastarc G-1
hi! I'm a inverted rubber shakehand player at dgrade (<1000) level who's having a hard time with funny rubbers (long pips and anti-spin, especially twiddlers :headbang:) .

I'm also an EJ with a variety of rubbers/bats. I started at as a defensive player (short chops on FH/BH but started learning to attack (flat hitter) since I play in a weekly comp.

I use anything from Chinese rubbers to Tenergy. Tenergy good for attack and counters/chop block. Slower rubbers are better just returning balls.

Last edited by jazzcomp on 17 Apr 2019, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2019, 22:37 

Blade: DHS301
FH: Battle II
BH: AK47 Yellow
Hello. I am in Michigan in the United States. I played a lot back in the 1970s and am just getting back into playing again. I am older and slower so I am experimenting with equipment and I have always been an EJ so I have many different things I am working with right now.

I also play chess and am into computer security and hacking. But I am close to retirement so looking forward to not having to work so hard and just play golf and table tennis.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2019, 21:46 

Blade: Andro Treiber FI
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-S
BH: Tibhar Grass D.tecs 0x
Hi. I'm Marc. almost 50 and from the netherlands.
I started playing at school when I was 12 .... Never turned out to be very good :).
I played with long pimples on my backhand. As from 20 years I played normal.
I quit when I was 30 because moved to a differnt side off the country.
Picked it up around 9 years ago. First few month I strugled with the bat I bought. Way to fast for me.
After a few switches I am very happy with the DHS Skyline rubbers I use now for the last 6 years or so.
They fit my style off play. I'm very good with my backhand .... spin, block and quick contra.
My forehand has never been very good so it still isn't. Block and contra is ok ... spin not so much .. I mostly just bring it back on the table as I used to do with the long pimples.

Thinking about long pimples use again. Last year I bought a new frame (the same one but just new .. the other one was 8 years old) and got a DHS Cloud & Fog 3 long pimple on it.
After this season i'm gonna train and play some with it and see how it goes with the pimple, and this one specific. I am mostly close to the table to block it back.
Hope I can still switch fh / bh to make some fun :D

Not sure how active this forum is. Most fora are slow and moved to facebook but I haven't found any good tabletennis facebook groups yet.

Setup: Andro Treiber FI / FH:Tibhar Evolution FX-S / BH: S&T Hellfire X 0x
Setup: Andro Treiber FI / FH:Tibhar Evolution FX-S / BH: Tibhar Grass D.tecs 0x

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2019, 23:46 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Welcome to the forum GarField000! I was also born in the Netherland (Noordwijk), and started playing when I was 12, and we're about the same age. :o :o :o

Although I played with inverted most of my life, long pimple brought something new to the game for me, and I've enjoyed table tennis much more since i changed (about 15years ago). Hope you can make it work too. ;)

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2019, 14:19 

Blade: Nittaku Tiluna
FH: Donic Bules T1
BH: Dawei 388D
Hi im new here... i just start play TT around 1.5 years .. hopefully i can get good tips from regular forumer here that i can use to improve my training ...

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2019, 21:16 

Welcome NTuf, I agree with Choi, don't give up golf. It and TT are the best sports going. It seems you won't though if you're addicted. Just don't be a golf EJ (except for the balls) as its too expensive. TT EJing is bad enough. But as Uni Faculty I would say you have 2 good pastimes to remove the stress of all those students you have to deal with LOL.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2019, 15:41 

Blade: Donic Waldner Pre made ba
Hi Jan here.. 32 years and from All weathers in a day Melbourne, AU. :)

Never played TT seriously, always a badminton fan. Was playing on and off and somehow won championship at my work place.
My office got a new table recently and started to play alot more. Looking for a local club to join and play regularly.

Just bought a new bat based on Iskandar recommendation.. may be you all know it's Sanwei M8.

PostPosted: 02 May 2019, 23:17 

Blade: Butterfly Innerforce ALC
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
I have been playing for just over 2-1/2 years now. Like many I played "basement ping pong" as a kid, developed way too many bad habits, and how am getting great coaching at my home club (MDTTC in Maryland, USA) with most of my time spent un-learning bad habits.

My rating just topped 1600 and I have become nearly obsessed with the sport :D

I especially love the fast pace of the sport and I personally am drawn toward an aggressive, all-out-attack style of play. That approach is at odds with my current skill level, meaning I am guilty of far too many unforced errors. But slowly, and with more and more training and experience, the error rate is going down and the fun-level going up in equal measure.

By day I am a software developer and entrepreneur-wannabe.

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 04:54 

Hello everyone,
I am from India. I am 15 years old. I've been playing table tennis for 7 yrs. I play the defensive style and attack occasionally (when in tough situations). I am a high school student.
Don't know how I stumbled upon this forum. Cuz its very popular. Perhaps while researching and comparing diff rubbers and blades... :)

PostPosted: 19 May 2019, 22:34 

Blade: Stiga All round Classic
FH: Yasaka Mark V Max
BH: Yasaka Mark V Max
Hello everyone,
I'm Tejas from Mumbai, India and I'm 29.
I'm full stack developer by profession and love to play TT at work to de-stress. Love doing strength training at gym and playing football.
Lately I started taking TT seriously as I found it a great form of cardio. I love watching footwork and athlesim of pro players like Xu Xin, Ma long and others.
Recently I started playing Table tennis about 2 months back since my workplace got TT tables at each floor. Used to play with companys worn out rackets, saved up few bucks and bought custom racket from TT11.
My set-up is as follows:
Stiga All Round Classic
Yasaka Mark V Max thickness on both FH/BH

Watching YouTube and learning on my own. Have fallen into love for this sport.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 20 May 2019, 02:59 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
Hey do you play in the bareilly area???

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158 ... 167  Next