OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Match 1, Div 3. Reb vs Speedplay
Poll ended at 20 Sep 2010, 01:20
Reb 48%  48%  [ 14 ]
Speedplay 52%  52%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 29
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 19:24 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Now for anyone reading this you will see why I picked me and Speedplay to start this off and demo how its done. Speedplay has come up with some seemingly clever moves, however they are precisely what I expected of him. He has done just what I wanted to demonstrate how much fun this "competition" can be. Hopefully this also demonstrates just how skilled I am in knowing how to predict every move from Speedplay, which would extend onto the table. So if you have yet to vote, or want to change your vote to me, now knowing how easily I would manipulate Speedplay's game, just click the button next to Reb! :lol:

Of course Speedplay's ingenuity and effort does deserves applause :clap: just like he would deserve applause as I move him around the table like the energiser bunny and he makes some great efforts before finally losing the point...time after time!! And even energisers finally run out of energy when used against hi-drain devices :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The war would look something like this with Speedplays guns failing to fire:

And I would end up looking this to Speedplay

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 19:30 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

mynamenotbob wrote:

I'm sad to report that Speedplay will have to be disqualified from this match for breaking an ITTF rule, which the Swedish Table Tennis Commission blindly accepts.

Reb would never have known this rule has been broken and Speedplay's bat would probably even deceive a freshly calibrated Mini-RAE Lite® testing device. However, ITTF rule 3.02.04.01 clearly states an absolute ban on all adhesives that contain harmful volatile solvents, and as we all know Speedplay has admitted affixing his rubbers to his blade with toxic, VOC-laced rubber cement.

Although the VOCs have likely dissipated and there's no way for anyone to prove that rubber cement was used, as an honorable player, we know Speedy would get no joy out of winning with an illegal bat.

ROFL!!! :lol: :lol:

I'm happy to play someone with an illegal bat cos Speedplay wouldn't get the chance to get any joy from winning.... by definition losing is not winning! :rofl: :rofl:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 20:13 
Super User

I think I must have suffered from premature voting yesterday, I should have waited until I had seen what you both had to offer in the later stages of the game.

It's definitely heating up as we reach the crisis points.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 20:15 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Oops, you mis-read that one like the ball curling past your bat!! That wasn't anger, it was simple toughness and domination you would be seeing after your guns didn't fire and you got ripped to pieces! If you mis-read them all like this...wow, you will really let down the voters who have so far put their faith in you. Jump off the sinking Speedboat people quick!! :lol: :lol:

Moggy, you voted for me right? You definitely voted the right way! :up: :up:

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 20:19 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I think you'll both have to recruit some new members to get more votes, unless everyone is holding back till the last moment :lol:

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 20:33 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

speedplay wrote:
l:

I agree, its just like at the table, Reb can predict my every move, but, the
similarities don't stop there, there is more, cause even though he can predict my moves, he can't do a thing about, not here, not at the table :D

Unlike the control I have at the table and your level of predictability, I can't predict how the voters will be impacted by perception. A bit like the recent Aussie election, we may have to try to swing some independents!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 23:00 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
As you both use Roxon 450 on your forehands I think it'll come down to a battle of the backhands. LP's love spin. Anti won't give any and can work regardless of what the opponent does. Anti beats LP's. :devil:

Speedplay to win. ;( :lol:

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 23:20 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Speedplay, late in page one in this thread is some of the best & nastiest smack talk I have seen from you in years. I wasn't sure you had it in you anymore. WTG.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 23:44 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Well now its crunch time! 8-10 down and serving. Need to put down the nasty no spin ball to his FH that will grab me a life-saving point!! Debater, you may have made a seriously flawed assumption. 1st cos Speedplay uses Tenergy on his FH now, not R450. Second because you assume our FH's are equal. And Third because you assume our standard is equal. And dammit, I have no evidence to prove your bloody assumptions wrong beside the first one :headbang: :headbang: :lol:

So all I can ask for is someone to believe it with blind faith!! Or a love of emoticons :lol: :dance: :hug: :ninja: :mooning: :o:

VOTE FOR REB!!!

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 00:05 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Reb wrote:
....Debater, you may have made a seriously flawed assumption. 1st cos Speedplay uses Tenergy on his FH now, not R450. Second because you assume our FH's are equal. And Third because you assume our standard is equal.

Point 1. Ah yes, but it also means that speedplay knows the strengths and weaknesses of that rubber inside out.
Point 2. Nope. I assume speedplay's is better :devil: :lol:
Point 3. .... because speedplay is the master of the excuse of why he can't upload a video of him playing table tennis :@ and besides, you wouldn't chose a first match of the series where your opponent was far weaker than you would you Reb...? no sport in that :rofl:

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 00:12 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Debater wrote:
you wouldn't chose a first match of the series where your opponent was far weaker than you would you Reb...? no sport in that :rofl:

Actually the match was chosen cos I knew it would result in a good smack demonstration and set the pace for others to follow. I knew Speedplay would not let me down, and has not!! :clap: 8)

No way to prove TT skills, but the forumming skills have been good both ways (if I do say so for myself as well) and have provided a close match so far. If we get this much fun out of just some of the matches to follow, I will have achieved my goal. ;)

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 01:19 

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Too late Speedplay, I checked the box that had a name that wasn't Speedplay.

Still, you could amp up the juice a little more, no?

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 02:06 
Two Winged Warrior

Am i correct it's matchpoint for Speedplay? Time for some good shots Reb ;)

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 04:54 
Chop or I'll Shoot
Chop or I'll Shoot

Well, I have to put in my 2 cents here. Now Speedplay, by your own admission here.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13520

You said you are slightly better than Der. I think Reb is a lot better than Der. (no offence Bill) I know what Der USA rating is and understand what level Reb is playing at. And if you are playing slightly better than him? I dont think you could hang with Reb. This is fun isnt it?

USATT Rating: 1869

MOLON LABE!!!

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 10:36 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

Speedplay, your humble modesty has cost you a point. This is no time to be modest. Bend you knees. Jump all over that sitter. Show me the MONEY!!!..... :devil: Hopefully you can do that to make me change my vote ;) And oh, a really good game so far :rock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!