OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2016, 11:17 
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
My local association has bought 100 dozen Double Fish plastic balls (at $A1 per ball) and is going to distribute 1 dozen balls to each team entered in the upcoming Autumn competition. A vote at its recent AGM confirmed the decision taken by the committee last year to do this.

Apparently TT NSW has standardized on these balls for tournaments it controls this year, but I have not been able to verify this.

At the meeting, some clubs expressed dismay at this decision, but did ask about how their members would practice with plastic balls. They also asked if both players agreed to play with celluloid balls if would that be allowed.

I now have some of these balls and cannot find the 4 character manufacture date on the boxes - 3 balls to a box.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2016, 11:29 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I've not tried the Double Fish 40+ balls. That's certainly a good price!

It's probably related to Table Tennis World being a sponsor to TTNSW, so he's supplying them with balls.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2016, 13:47 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
haggisv wrote:
I've not tried the Double Fish 40+ balls. That's certainly a good price!

It's probably related to Table Tennis World being a sponsor to TTNSW, so he's supplying them with balls.

Its a good price if they're an ok ball. If they break within a few hits, no price is good. We've had Joola and Nittaku(CHN) balls do that.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2016, 15:07 

Haggisv wrote:
Quote:

Heard that we apparently tried both there & another local distributor, then one of the members who deals a little was in HK and was able to get them there.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2016, 16:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Retriever wrote:
Heard that we apparently tried both there & another local distributor, then one of the members who deals a little was in HK and was able to get them there.

In that case, I hope they're genuine... :lol:

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2016, 06:41 

Just heard that TT NSW has now standardized on Stag seamless poly balls (XSF) for its tournaments.

So much for our local association being in sync with the next highest level ...

I can't wait for the next local association committee meeting.

Apparently the Double Fish poly balls have not been too bad in the pennant competition.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2016, 07:05 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
I'm not sure stagg and xsf are the same. We have both in circulation at our club, and the stagg plays quite differently. Slower and floats more and sits up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2016, 11:07 

Interesting. Do you have a date of manufacture for the balls? According to other posters, there is only one manufacturer of seamless balls, known as either XSF or Minkow.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2016, 11:12 
Super User

Blade: Hugo Calderano OFF+
FH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
BH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
Well I will be playing with the STAG seamless at the NSW Country Champs in Gosford in a months time ... it seems we will get a good showing of how it goes at a larger event like that. I remember not being too enamoured originally with the Stag ball after some testing. It didn't hold up to much punishment.

Although that was in June last year when we tested for our local club ball and if we would shift to plastic. At the moment its still not worth the change in terms of cost.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2016, 11:20 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I'm pretty sure that XFS confirmed that they make the Stag balls.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2016, 01:42 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Stag, huh? Who are they?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29407&start=45#p311905

Seamless balls are appearing at an alarming rate. Yinhe and Palio, to begin with - Yinhe has had a 3 star for a long time, now they've got a 1 star training ball (actually they have two, a seamless AND a seamed!). Also 729. And at the WTTC, iPong and Sanwei were selling seamless 3 star balls as well (I bough some, have played with the iPong). Stag had balls there too, IIRC, but they wanted too much for them. Kingnik (Minkow) and Xushaofa have been mentioned, of course - except it turns out that there's a NEW Premium Grade Kingnik 3 star Seamless ball, too, in addition to the "ordinary" 3 star.

I'll betcha they're all the same ball, though! Except for the Kingnik Premium - wonder what makes it Premium. According to the materials I was sent, all these seamless balls are "PU" (which I think means polyurethane).

(Also got me some 3 star Double Fish - they claim to be using "new updated materials" - still cellulose acetate - and some premium Made In Japan Nittakus as well - and boy, were THEY expensive!)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2016, 18:55 

Blade: SK Carbon /Garaydia T5000
FH: H3 Neo/TibharEvolutionMXP
BH: Spectol S1 /VictasV>15
I have bought some Yinhe 3 star seamless balls $2/each. Nowhere on the box could be found the manufacture date.

My review: It is better than double fish 3 star poly balls, more bounce and durable. Both compare to celluloid balls, are more float, slow, and less easy to generate spin.... (Maybe my skill is not good enough, so feel in this way).

The Buddha said: “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly,...” And to play table tennis.

天下武功 ,無堅不摧 ,唯快不破

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2016, 18:59 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Pingpong Buddha wrote:
I have bought some Yinhe 3 star seamless balls $2/each. Nowhere on the box could be found the manufacture date.

The date code is the 4 letter code on the black/white barcode label on the side of the box.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2016, 19:11 

Blade: SK Carbon /Garaydia T5000
FH: H3 Neo/TibharEvolutionMXP
BH: Spectol S1 /VictasV>15
haggisv wrote:
Pingpong Buddha wrote:

The date code is the 4 letter code on the black/white barcode label on the side of the box.

OIC...

It is ABAE... Dec/15?

The Buddha said: “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly,...” And to play table tennis.

天下武功 ,無堅不摧 ,唯快不破

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2016, 19:55 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Our club has decided to stick with celluloid for as long as possible. Getting harder to find though.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!