OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2019, 02:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

"Lackluster" would depend on level. At the top-10 International level anything other than Tenergy 05 would be "lackluster". If you're rated below, say, 1800 729FX Super shouldn't be, in any way, "lackluster". :lol:

By the way.. have you tried the "big pore sponge" version of 729FX Super yet? :lol:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32388811864.html

On sale at the moment. Eight bucks a sheet including shipping (normally over ten).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2019, 07:02 

Blade: YinHe N11
FH: KTL Pro XT
BH: RITC 563 OX
I haven't tried big pores... saw them, but decided that I have too many to try already.
I have stuck with ktl xt pro on my FH... i thinks it's xt... the stickier one anyway.
And it's working really well for me, I feel confident with it. If I make a mistake I blame myself all the time, which is a good sign. And I am going through pips out on my BH to see what could stick if any.
I like the MP OX I am trying.
KTL is displaying some wear now, I think I will try T88 next. That heavy rubber should go well with OX on BH.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2019, 23:17 

Blade: Nittaku Rorin
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH: -
iskandar taib wrote:
"Lackluster" would depend on level. At the top-10 International level anything other than Tenergy 05 would be "lackluster". If you're rated below, say, 1800 729FX Super shouldn't be, in any way, "lackluster". :lol:

By the way.. have you tried the "big pore sponge" version of 729FX Super yet? :lol:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32388811864.html

On sale at the moment. Eight bucks a sheet including shipping (normally over ten).

Iskandar

"lackluster" because even beginners nowadays crave for the biggest and baddest rubbers the market has to offer, me included :D

the big pore sponge version has been on my mind for awhile but im concerned it will have a significantly different feeling than the 729 i already have

i wanted to stick with my 729 for at least 6 months before switching so that my techniques can be more consistent

i feel that switching to a different rubber will throw my techniques off lol

oh well, guess ill wait until the topsheet separates entirely from the sponge

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2019, 13:20 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Naah.. put it on a second blade (you do have a matched pair, right? :lol: :lol: :lol: ), see what it's like but continue to play with the one you're already using. (Says the guy who carries around a tote bag with about six or seven rackets, including a couple with long pips, that never get used, and a pile of yet-to-be-used rubber about two feet high..)

You should give those super-rubbers like Evolution MX-P a try just to see if they live up to the hype of being totally unusable to us non-"professionals".

Iskandar

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2019, 22:30 

Blade: Nittaku Rorin
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH: -
i do not have a matched pair but i do have a premade tibhar shakehand racket that i painstakingly took the rubbers off to be used, i can use it on that instead

but come to think of it, me flaunting 8 1-ply hinoki blades in a leather bag to the nearest club sounds like a good idea :rofl:

if i still have some money to spend on after buying more than two hinoki blades then sure, a sheet of Tibhar Evolution MXP to show the naysayers wrong :lol: